Disable the Thrustmaster Hotas Lights?

Once you have set the LEDs to off in Target, you can close the program. Unless you disconnect the throttle unit by unplugging the USB connection, the lights will remain off permanently.

No need for scripts etc, just run Target once, turn them off, and leave the throttle plugged in.

Yes, but not everyone leaves their PC plugged into mains power all the time. I don't. And that is the problem.

My controls & seat

Main controls: , BRD-N v4 Flightstick (Kreml C5 controller), TM Warthog Throttle (Kreml F3 controller), BRD-F2 Restyling Bf-109 Pedals w. damper, TrackIR5, Gametrix KW-908 (integrated into RAV4 seat)

Stick grips:

Thrustmaster Warthog

Thrustmaster Cougar (x2)

Thrustmaster F-16 FLCS

BRD KG13

Standby controls:

BRD-M2 Mi-8 Pedals (Ruddermaster controller)

BRD-N v3 Flightstick w. exch. grip upgrade (Kreml C5 controller)

Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle

Pilot seat

Yes, but not everyone leaves their PC plugged into mains power all the time. I don't. And that is the problem.

I have exactly the same problem since some time. Now it's clear for me why - I've bought a power cord extension with a switch to completely turn off the power for the computer as otherwise the TrackIR pro clip LED's were staying on even if the computer was shut down.

Would be great to find a way to turn off the warthog LED's. Maybe a short command line that could be added at the windows startup.

F/A-18, F-16, F-14, M-2000C, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37 Viggen, F-5E-3, F-86F, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, L-39 Albatros, C-101 Aviojet, P-51D, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Bf 109 4-K, UH-1H, Mi-8, Ka-50, NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf... and not enough time to fully enjoy it all

• 6 months later...

throttle lights

Here you go, thought I'd try my hand at a little utility to disable the lights without using TARGET:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/38908412/WarthogLightsOff.zip

I cant thank You enough for sharing this ! Best dcs mod so far, for me......

Normandy has crashed, every single time I have tried to use it.

I sort of wished that they had waited to release it until White Cliffs

of Dover and some other improvements had been updated.

Thanks Again for the turn off the lights script !!!:pilotfly:

Normandy has crashed, every single time I have tried to use it.

I sort of wished that they had waited to release it until White Cliffs

of Dover and some other improvements had been updated.

Nobody is making you fly it.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

• 1 year later...

Just execute the .exe. You can add it to your systems auto-start if you want it to be always disabled.

The .exe does not have a way to enable it again. Either unplug and plugin again, or restart. You may also try to start the T.A.R.G.E.T. software, maybe that resets the lights as well.

• 2 months later...

I don't know what I'm doing wrong but I can't have the leds turn off permanently. I simply unselect the enable led backlight option in the target gui app and it works as long as I have the pc turned on but when I reboot the leds light back up. Any idea?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Paste this into a new .tmc and save as whatever.tmc, and compile and run it. That will kill the lights.

include "target.tmh"

//program startup
int main()
{
   if(Init(&EventHandle)) return 1; // declare the event handler, return on error

//add initialization code here
   // Init Lights
   ActKey(PULSE+KEYON+LED(&Throttle, LED_INTENSITY,0)); //set Throttle backlight power to middle // set Throttle backlight power to low
   //ActKey(PULSE+KEYON+LED(&Throttle, LED_ONOFF, LED_CURRENT+LED1)); //set LED 1 OFF
   //ActKey(PULSE+KEYON+LED(&Throttle, LED_ONOFF, LED_CURRENT-LED2)); //set LED 2 OFF
   //ActKey(PULSE+KEYON+LED(&Throttle, LED_ONOFF, LED_CURRENT+LED3)); //set LED 3 OFF
   //ActKey(PULSE+KEYON+LED(&Throttle, LED_ONOFF, LED_CURRENT-LED4)); //set LED 4 OFF
   //ActKey(PULSE+KEYON+LED(&Throttle, LED_ONOFF, LED_CURRENT+LED5)); //set LED 5 OFF    

}

//event handler
int EventHandle(int type, alias o, int x)
{
   DefaultMapping(&o, x);

//add event handling code here
}

Night Ops in the Harrier

IYAOYAS

I don't know what I'm doing wrong but I can't have the leds turn off permanently. I simply unselect the enable led backlight option in the target gui app and it works as long as I have the pc turned on but when I reboot the leds light back up. Any idea?

Yeah, it's finicky. My WH lights stay off until I have a power outage, and then I have to re-run the GUI. There's no setting saved to the throttle and apparently no setting file that persists after a hard re-boot. On the plus side, I always know if the power has gone out :P

Paste this into a new .tmc and save as whatever.tmc, and compile and run it. That will kill the lights.

include "target.tmh"

//program startup
int main()
{
   if(Init(&EventHandle)) return 1; // declare the event handler, return on error

//add initialization code here
   // Init Lights
   ActKey(PULSE+KEYON+LED(&Throttle, LED_INTENSITY,0)); //set Throttle backlight power to middle // set Throttle backlight power to low
   //ActKey(PULSE+KEYON+LED(&Throttle, LED_ONOFF, LED_CURRENT+LED1)); //set LED 1 OFF
   //ActKey(PULSE+KEYON+LED(&Throttle, LED_ONOFF, LED_CURRENT-LED2)); //set LED 2 OFF
   //ActKey(PULSE+KEYON+LED(&Throttle, LED_ONOFF, LED_CURRENT+LED3)); //set LED 3 OFF
   //ActKey(PULSE+KEYON+LED(&Throttle, LED_ONOFF, LED_CURRENT-LED4)); //set LED 4 OFF
   //ActKey(PULSE+KEYON+LED(&Throttle, LED_ONOFF, LED_CURRENT+LED5)); //set LED 5 OFF    

}

//event handler
int EventHandle(int type, alias o, int x)
{
   DefaultMapping(&o, x);

//add event handling code here
}

Do you mean .fcf file? I haven't heard of .tmc, not sure how you would create that type of file.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 1 month later...

And I'm unable to turn on mine no matter what I do.

OS:Win10 64bit*/MB: Gigabyte X470 AORUS ULTRA GAMING / HD:SSD

CPU Type: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X 8-Core 3700Mhz / Ram:32Gb DDR4

Mon: Dell AW3418DW LCD + 3 x CUBESIM displays.

Hotas : TM Warthog #4347 | #80897 | TM F/A-18 Hornet Stick / TM Pendular Rudder / Cougar MFDs / Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC / Elgato Stream Decks / Virpil T50-CM2 Base and Grip / Winwing Super Taurus | PCR | PTO / Monstechtech Desk Mounts 

Anyone have the source code of the non-TARGET dependant application?

That's not possible:

Without TARGET the throttle is just a dumb DX-device.

Only solution that came into my mind:

Open it, look for the correct wires an put a switch between them.

Ok, I compiled and ran the code and it works... until I shut down my pc. The lights do not remain off after I boot back up.

you must have an issue with your USB. My lights stay off after reboot, but come back on after I unplug/plug the throttle in. So look at your USB in Device Manager. There must be some power setting that allows for voltage to remain after shutdown. Could also be a BIOS setting.

Night Ops in the Harrier

IYAOYAS

That's not possible:

Without TARGET the throttle is just a dumb DX-device.

It is possible, all TARGET does is send a USB HID report to the throttle to tell it to turn off the lights. Just as TARGET is an app, you can also write an app that sends the same command to turn off the lights.

The source code has been moved here:

https://gitlab.com/Tenebrous/warthogthrottlelights

VAWarthogThrottleLights is a plugin for VoiceAttack, Warthog is the console app that turns off the lights, and WarthogLightControl is the library.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...