German armor indestructable

Wow......I knew Tiger tanks were tough but man. I set up a few different models of the WWII German tanks and had at em with a P-51 on unlimited ammo.

I'm pretty sure that this is pretty much a damage model problem with these tanks. I can score several direct hits with 500 lb bombs and do no damage whatsoever to the 3 types of tanks I set out.

Tiger, Panzer, Panther.

I did not expect the machine guns to be all that effective but direct hits with rockets multiple times, bombs right on the tank, doesn't matter. When I get a chance I'll post some tracks.

If any of you have tracks of you destroying these tanks with WWII planes, please post and maybe share how you are doing it.

Thanks!

I have a mission where AI P-51s attack some Pz. IVs and Panthers. The tanks are also fighting some Shermans, a Firefly, and some Cromwells. The P-51s do seem to take out some tanks with bombs and rockets but perhaps it's the Firefly, I don't think that Shermans or 57mm Cromwells could frontally penetrate the Panther.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

DCS:WWII 1944 BACKER --- Fw. 190D-9 --- Bf. 109K-4 --- P-51D --- Spitfire!

Specs: Intel i7-3770 @3.9 Ghz - NVidia GTX 960 - 8GB RAM - OCz Vertex 240GB SSD - Toshiba 1TB HDD - Corsair CX 600M Power Supply - MSI B75MA-P45 MoBo - Defender Cobra M5

German Engineering. :music_whistling: SiC :P

Control is an illusion which usually shatters at the least expected moment.

Gazelle Mini-gun version is endorphins with rotors. See above.

Currently rolling with a Asus Z390 Prime, 9600K, 32GB RAM, SSD, 2080Ti and Windows 10Pro, Rift CV1. bu0836x and Scratch Built Pedals, Collective and Cyclic.

Everyone knows the Germans make good stuff.

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria

I killed several tanks by using HVARs on ACG server`s current map. I just fired all 6 rockets on one tank and it works.

F-15E | F-14A/B

P-51D | P-47D | Mosquito FB Mk VI |Spitfire | Fw 190D | Fw 190A | Bf 109K |  WWII Assets Pack

Normandy 2 | The Channel | Sinai | Syria | PG | NTTR | South Atlantic 

F/A-18 | F-86 | F-16C | A-10C | FC-3 | CA | SC |

Maybe the 20mm's on the spit could crack some lightly armored stuff, namely the early panzer's - still not lightly armored, but the current flyables weren't really "tank busters". A plane capable of carrying a 30mm> cannon is what's needed to crack heavy armor ( Typhoon - bofors 40mm - , Mosquito, IL-2,etc..) or a large bomb load and AP rockets (P47).

Ryzen9 5800X3D, Gigabyte Aorus X570 Elite, 32Gb Gskill Trident DDR4 3600 CL16, Samsung 990 Pr0 1Tb Nvme Gen4, Evo860 1Tb 2.5 SSD and Team 1Tb 2.5 SSD, MSI Suprim X RTX4090 , Corsair h115i Platinum AIO, NZXT H710i case, Seasonic Focus 850W psu, Gigabyte Aorus AD27QHD Gsync 1ms IPS 2k monitor 144Mhz, Track ir4, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate w/extension, Virpil T50 CM3 Throttle, Saitek terrible pedals, RiftS

If you think that's bad set up some Cromwells vs Tiger I's xD

Full flanking on a firing line and 3x's the Cromwells still struggle to win.

That makes some sense. The Cromwells had the 75 mm ROQF Mk V gun, which had a good HE shell, and inferior AP shell. And Tiger I's were well armored, even on their sides.

I would expect flanking to be more effective against Panthers, which had strong frontal armor, but proportionally much weaker side armor than Tigers.

I put an M1A2 vs a Tiger II. The Tiger II obliterated the M1. Range on the Tiger was almost double of the M1. So....

In comes the A-10C with the TGP (didn't work) and Mavs... Never got to try them. Okay.... GUNS!!!!

Two seconds of direct hits by the Hog's 30mm. Nothing. The Tiger II just sat there idling.

I laughed: Yup, this is still in Alpha release. I'll give the ED boys a couple more months to play with the damage stuff.

But.... the graphics are beyond awesome! The Huey went house hopping for almost an hour until wifey complained of the rotor noise! (It was well into the night.) I really don't care about the fighting. The Normandy graphics are worth twice what I paid!

Thanks Eagle Dynamics and everyone else who is making this all up!

• Like 1

The Hornet is best at killing things on the ground. Now, if we could just get a GAU-8 in the nose next to the AN/APG-65, a titanium tub around the pilot, and a couple of J-58 engines in the tail...

I used the Gazelle against the Tiger, it takes two HOT missiles to the side to take out a Tiger I. T-72's no problem, one missile.

• Windows 10 Home - 64 Bit
  • Intel Core i7-9770K
  • 32GB DDR4 RAM
  • Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080Ti
  • Oculus Rift S

Yeah I am thinking the health pools were tuned against each other to be realistic rather than account for missiles from another era. The damage modelling can get quite funky, since it relies on health pools more than penetration and more complex items.

Issues really is, there's no critical hits or lucky shots modelled that disable something like a barrel or gun sights or injure crew and thus, purely based on weapon vs the tank in question, they plink all day and require hundreds of rounds....

Now....I know, and I have seen tanks filled with dents and scrapes from hundreds of rounds that were ineffective....so the state can exist where almost an invulnerability is achieved, but there does have to be some modelling somewhere or a king tiger can sit there all day like a genius and destroy waves of cromwells! :)

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

Clearly the WWII tanks shouldn't be able to fight with much success against modern tanks. In fact, a BMP should probably be a much more capable 'tank' than a Tiger II. We could have tank deathmatch with every tank vs some of the WWII units, see which is best :-)

No way a BMP-2 should survive a Tiger II with a 30mm cannon and 33mm frontal armour.

NO WAY.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

Thats another complete different game.

Antitank missiles against tanks.

So its not the BMP itself is any antitank missile. No matter the launcher ( soldier, BMP, Helicopter )

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

No way a BMP-2 should survive a Tiger II with a 30mm cannon and 33mm frontal armour.

NO WAY.

OK maybe, in a shot for shot match. Either way, I have a feeling that the WWII armour is either way too strong or the modern armour is way too weak.

Just saying.

can"t seem to link an image, mmm

Ah got it.

Little_boy.jpg

:music_whistling:

Edited by FragBum

Control is an illusion which usually shatters at the least expected moment.

Gazelle Mini-gun version is endorphins with rotors. See above.

Currently rolling with a Asus Z390 Prime, 9600K, 32GB RAM, SSD, 2080Ti and Windows 10Pro, Rift CV1. bu0836x and Scratch Built Pedals, Collective and Cyclic.

The armour modelling is both to strong and to weak. Shermans with the 75mm basically no chance of penning the thing except side within 300m or so.

Still frontally they damage it.

So yeah. To weak against at-guns, to good against explosives.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

*unexpected flight behaviour* Oh shiii*** ! What ? Why ? What is happening ?

Created a mission with the P-51 using HVARS against 4 German tanks. Have lost track of the number of times I've repeated the mission trying to find the right formula ( get CLOSE and hit them in the rear) against these panzers. Beginning to be more successful but have to be real close before letting go the rockets and have taken quite a few rounds in the plane from the tanks, not counting the number of times I didn't clear the trees. Been a hoot and I'm certain ED will make it better as they progress.

Intel i5-4690K Devil's Canyon, GForce TitanX, ASUS Z-97A MB, 16GB GDDR3 GSkill mem, Samsung SSD X3,Track IR, TM Warthog, MFG Crosswind pedals, Acer XB280HK monitor,GAMETRIX KW-908 JETSEAT

None.

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1