Best STABLE Nvidia Driver for ASUS GeForce GTX1060 STRIX OC 6GB, Windows7-64bit

you cannot say this per se. Many drivers come out and dont work on many machines, then they make a beta... happens with every other NV release

The latest driver has support for the most recent game releases, that is a valid assumption.

ok i though they keep fixing the bugs in every new driver release. But there is no doubt this is a very complicated topic. A driver which suits one machine may not necessarily suit others...hence agreed.

I have nvidia 1060 6.gb EVGA SC, 16gb ram ddr 4 3000mhz

i3 8350K / 4ghz, mobo Asus rog strix g z370.

Runs latest Nvidia drivers and in game settings are all high and get constant around 96fps when taxing, when in air it goes above like 110,120,100..goes up and down it depends what i do...

I have nvidia 1060 6.gb EVGA SC, 16gb ram ddr 4 3000mhz

i3 8350K / 4ghz, mobo Asus rog strix g z370.

Runs latest Nvidia drivers and in game settings are all high and get constant around 96fps when taxing, when in air it goes above like 110,120,100..goes up and down it depends what i do...

I think DCS does not utilize more than two cores. So core i3 8th gen should be more than enough with 1060. 1060 is quite a powerful card.

Am running ASUS GeForce GTX1060 STRIX OC 6GB graphic card, Windows7-64bit with DCS World 2.2

Can anybody give my feedback about latest Nvidia driver 390.65 who has similar rig as me.

Any issues, is it smoother etc. Gary

Still 1070 here, but no noticeable (if any) performance changes from 388 series for me, neither for better nor for worse.

Latest infamous Win7 security patches had much bigger impact and this is what you and I should be more concerned about.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

Hi Miro071...would you be able to tell me what fps you are getting within M2000C and Harrier

within cockpit ( with cockpit related settings at max ). If unable thanks anyway... Gary

Hi Gary

I do not have M2000module nor Harier so i can not test it.

These numbers i get with A10C and f15 in 2.2 World. In cockpit.

Thankyou Art-J and miro071. Be careful of Windows Update. I only update for 3 months after OS install and then do not bother unless they attend to a specific issue I need to solve. Avast and Malwarebytes have served me well and I have not seen a virus or malware for years.

Little by little Windows Update will make your OS problematic. It will result in need for a clean install of OS much earlier than if you do not use it. Gary

Can anybody give my feedback about latest Nvidia driver 390.65 who has similar rig as me.

Any issues, is it smoother etc. Gary

Although not the same rig as you, that 390.65 driver completely trashed my machine with immediate graphic glitches and driver failure after putting my machine into and out of sleep mode (Couldn't even draw the windows desktop correctly with out stalling driver and glitching graphics all over the place, let alone try and run DCS or any game for that matter.

Completely removed 390.65 and went back to 388.71 and problems completely gone.

Beware, but YMMV.

Regards, Ian.

Edited by MadDog-IC

Asus p877v-pro, Intel I7 3770k 4.2ghz, 32gb Ripjaw X ram, Nvidia RTX-2070 Super, Samsung 32" TV, Saitek x52 pro Joystick and Combat rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Win8.1 x64 with SSD and SSHD protected by (Avast AV).

DCS Tech Support.

Although not the same rig as you, that 390.65 driver completely trashed my machine with immediate graphic glitches and driver failure after putting my machine into and out of sleep mode (Couldn't even draw the windows desktop correctly with out stalling driver and glitching graphics all over the place, let alone try and run DCS or any game for that matter.

Completely removed 390.65 and went back to 388.71 and problems completely gone.

Beware, but YMMV.

Regards, Ian.

+1, mine was even worse, the miners carshed ! waahaaaa

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X