Thrustmaster TFRP stiction "fix"

Just wanted to share how I "fixed" the stiction problem with my pedals. I tried to grease them but it only helped a little... For me it's very hard to do precise manuvers with the pedals.

The "fix" is to combine the brake pedals to a single axis and assign the new axis to rudder in DCS. I used UCR and "Axis merger" to do this. This way I have way more control over the rudder. It's easy to know where the center is (no pedal is pressed). To turn right - press right brake pedal, to turn left - press left brake pedal.

With this "fix" you have to assign brakes to a button or another axis.

I hope this can be helpful to someone!

1101569682_Skrmklipp.JPG.f649cdb46c4cbf1d935d8ea1688bb6f7.JPG

• Like 1

Good idea, but I think you will have problems on ground controlling ac that doesn't have NWS and use differential brake to steer, right?

MainMenulogo.png.6e3b585a30c5c1ba684bc2d91f3e37f0.png

ACER Predator Orion 9000: W10H | Intel i9-7900X OC@4.5Ghz | 8x16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport | Sapphire GTX1080TI | Intel 900P 480GB | Intel 600P 256GB | HP EX950 1TB | Seagate Firecuda 2TB

ACER Predator XB281HK: 28" TN G-SYNC 4K@60hz

ThrustMaster Warthog Hotas, TPR, MFD Cougar Pack, HP Reverb Pro

Good idea, but I think you will have problems on ground controlling ac that doesn't have NWS and use differential brake to steer, right?

Yes, but I fly jets (su 27, f15, a10c, mirage).

For the Mustang and such I just keep the normal axis for rudder and brakes :)

For the Mustang and such I just keep the normal axis for rudder and brakes :)

I fly Mustang, Bf 109, Fw 190 and has no problem for ground steering using T-Rudder and a joy button for "Wheel brakes (both)" + rudder bar. The lack of "Joe Brakes" is not really a practical issue.