BS1 to BS2

I had bought BS1 back in 2012 and for the past month have been trying to get it to work with DCS world, so far I have seen it needs a upgrade to BS2 but in the module manager after I click buy it only opens a file. Any help on upgrading this would be much appreciated, I also have installed BS1 on steam just FYI. Thank you.

The only option for the OP is to purchase BS2, the full version.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Does anyone know when it'll be on sale for 10USD because that's what I had paid for mine another 10 for a friend at the time. I'll pay 10 bucks but not anymore seeing how I already have this, and don't understand why It can't be played in DCS World.

Does anyone know when it'll be on sale for 10USD because that's what I had paid for mine another 10 for a friend at the time. I'll pay 10 bucks but not anymore seeing how I already have this, and don't understand why It can't be played in DCS World.

Since BS2 costs us$40, I doubt it will ever go below 20 on a sale.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

The 70% sales are gone. If you insist on waiting for that price then I would advise giving up on flying BS in DCS World.

BS1 can't be played in DCS World because it was coded 5 years before DCS World and the code is not compatible. In fact, DCS World code has been updated to 64bit since then so BS1 is even less compatible now than it was when DCS World was first released, in 2012.

This is like complaining because your game that was designed for Win 98 won't run on Windows 10.

Edited by cichlidfan

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Hmm, just for clarity, I am going to be building a new gaming rig soon and I currently fly BS2, I originally purchased BS1, then later the upgrade I think? If that is the case, that means that I now have to buy BS2 to install on a new PC, even if I'm running it now on an older one?

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

If that is the case, that means that I now have to buy BS2 to install on a new PC, even if I'm running it now on an older one?

How did you come to that conclusion? Nothing you have is going to stop working because you bought a new PC.

I came to some sort of conclusion that since I am building a new PC and have to install DCS all over again, when I install the modules, dont you get asked for activation or serial numbers? (I forget), If so, then I only have Activation or serial numbers for BS1 & the BS2 Upgrade. If the BS2 upgrade is not supported, how will it let me install? Again, its been MANY years since install,, maybe my thought process on the fresh install is invalid?

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

I have seen nothing to indicate that it is not supported. Neither product is available for purchase but they still work.

Roger that, I got concerned when I 1st read that it was not supported,,, thanks for the clarification guys

• 1 month later...

Hello.

I saw this thread and remembered a thread a while back about this issue, and just logged into the newest version, 2.1.1, and there is still a button in the module manager to the "upgrade from Black shark 1 to Black shark 2" but, as I bought BS2 from the get-go a few months back, I have no clue if it still works, however I would think they wouldn't have put it in the new build if it didn't work still. Just guessing though.

We are Virtual Pilots, a growing International Squad of pilots, we fly Allies in WWII and Red Force in Korea and Modern combat. We are recruiting like minded people of all Nationalities and skill levels.

http://virtual-pilots.com/

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I had BS1 then bought the Upgrade.

But to prevent future issues, I ultimately purchased BS 2 FULL.

If I'm not mistaken, we can no longer Gift Keys to others (at least none that have already been activated) otherwise I'd gladly give you my BS 2 Upgrade Module/Key.

If it IS still possible to do that, let me know and I'll gladly give you my upgrade.

SnowTiger:joystick:

If the gift key works it sure would be nice to be able to play BS2 on DCS2.0

I've got a tech support issure open on it but after 2 days haven't heard back other than a ...'have you tried running it DCS as Admin?'

Thanks for your offer Snowtiger.

I'm sorry to say that there is no way to gift this Key to you.

I knew I had read it somewhere >>

"Sharing and trading of modules is a violation of the EULA and is not longer possible."

But the Upgrade only cost me $12.99

If you wait there might well be another sale on BS2 Upgrade.

Sorry I'm unable to follow through.

In the end, the BS2 FULL is worth the investment IMO.

SnowTiger:joystick:

I'm sorry to say that there is no way to gift this Key to you.

I knew I had read it somewhere >>

"Sharing and trading of modules is a violation of the EULA and is not longer possible."

But the Upgrade only cost me $12.99

If you wait there might well be another sale on BS2 Upgrade.

Sorry I'm unable to follow through.

In the end, the BS2 FULL is worth the investment IMO.

I believe you can still trade keys you just have to contact support in order to do so.

If they key has not been used/activated then you can bind it to another account if you open a ticket request.

I did this with a Discord competition with the Viggen.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Director | Team Coordinator

PC Specs:

• Intel I7 8700k 4.7Ghz
  • Gigabyte Aorus Ultra Gaming Z370 Motherboard
  • 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz Ram
  • 500GB Samsung Evo 850 SSD