Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 437. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 02-01-2018, 03:02 PM   #701
SGT Coyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApoNOOB View Post

By request:

To clarify this point: No!
The Harrier was simply gone from the lists, if the ED login servers are down you are not able to play any of the listed modules with new DRM. This is unbelieveable and undefendable, I was initially under the impression I still could play offline but this really bursts my bubble.

Honestly, stick with Starforce, this just doesn't work. To reiterate the point, ED has server issues, not even the user, so playing future DCS modules will simply not be possible under that scenario.

And yes, if I have time to fly some DCS, it is a HUGE issue for me if I can't, even if it's "only" for one or two hours. So please nobody dare bring that up now, it will just further enrage the customer who suffered this problem.

There was the argument when this started "b-b-but you have stable internet, this does not concern you!11", clearly even ED is not above issues in the infrastructure and that line of argument does not hold up.

So please spare us the platitudes, we need a real statement by ED that truly acknowledges & addresses these concerns, not some non committal PR defusal.

I believe the point has been made abundantly clear. Software online dependency is a ridiculous restriction on the consumer.

I don't think anyone would deny, that ED has put out an incredible product. I, like others, have put in countless hours of modifying, studying, training, building, and of course playing, this piece of technological art. It truly is.

People I show this to are blown away by the visuals. I just got my Oculus running last night and my buddies with Oculus are all downloading world today, but I don't think they'll spend any money. Why?
It's inconvenient to the customer!

No one wants to come home to a broken machine. Your fault, my fault, no ones fault. If Ed has an issue at their end, it shouldn't effect the customer at his/her end. That's just asking for needless hate and discontent.

Reasonable restriction on the end users use and ability to copy, configure, and modify the product is acceptable by reasonable people. I believe ED has been very generous in this regard. I would implore ED to continue that generosity in regards to this issue.

Without that generosity, I don't think I will making any future purchases with ED.

p.s.
People have called for ED to make a official comment on this issue. I'm sure their quite busy right now and they see a need to address this issue in a timely manner. I believe they will give this issue the thought required.

So now, I have to figure how to get the keyboard to work in VR. LOL!
Old 02-03-2018, 12:32 AM   #702
Exorcet

I had my first issue with the new DRM today as my internet went down, and I saw a message popup upon opening DCS 2.5 saying that I only had 2 days and 16 hours left to play (and that MP was unavailable).

Just wanted to say that I definitely support the proposed offline mode, and thanks for taking our concerns into account.
Old 02-03-2018, 01:42 AM   #703
NineLine
Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exorcet View Post
I had my first issue with the new DRM today as my internet went down, and I saw a message popup upon opening DCS 2.5 saying that I only had 2 days and 16 hours left to play (and that MP was unavailable).

Just wanted to say that I definitely support the proposed offline mode, and thanks for taking our concerns into account.
Were you not able to play? And MP is generally not available when you dont have internet.
ED Facebook PageED YouTube PageWags YouTubeMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine #0440
**How to Report a Bug**
Old 02-03-2018, 02:27 AM   #704
Exorcet

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiThSpAwN View Post
Were you not able to play? And MP is generally not available when you dont have internet.
The game launched, though I didn't try to load a mission. I only thought to see what would happen when the game opened since my internet was out by chance. I imagine it would have worked, but I'm still concerned about those worst case scenarios that can pop up every so often where I might be without internet for an extended time.

About the MP part, I was just poking a little fun because I found the message amusing given that MP wouldn't be playable without internet anyway.
Old 02-03-2018, 05:12 AM   #705
Ayindi

Not having read all pages, but here are my two cents: How about like a 14 day grace period (maybe even 30 days?) everytime you log into DCS it will try to renew the license. If you have internet it will do so and you are "safe" for the next x days. If you dont have internet nothing will happen until those x days have run out. I think the importance here is that it will try every time. This will prevent "bad luck" situations in case you want to play, but have no internet or connection to the ED servers for whatever reason just when the grace perios ended.
Old 02-03-2018, 06:57 AM   #706
59th | Decoy

A few days ago many received the 502 error which stopped you from using MP.

At the same time the Harrier module was disabled.

Does anyone know why this happened, and how ED plan on stopping this happening again. My understanding is the phone home system is set at a few days, where as this didnt work ?

We were unable to use the Harrier offline for about 45 mins(not the end of the world but a frustration

i7-7700K oc at 5Ghz | GTX 1080ti | 32GB DDR4 Ram | Warthog & Saitek Peddles | CV1
Our Website | Our Facebook Page | YouTube Channel

Old 02-03-2018, 07:29 AM   #707
c0ff
ED Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by 59th_RAVENS View Post
Does anyone know why this happened, and how ED plan on stopping this happening again. My understanding is the phone home system is set at a few days, where as this didnt work ?

We were unable to use the Harrier offline for about 45 mins(not the end of the world but a frustration
DRM server had failed. And the code missed this case, when login server works and DRM one does not.
Now this is fixed in the internal version and will be out with the first patch.
Also, the offline mode of operation will come; can't give ETA at this moment though.
Old 02-03-2018, 07:38 AM   #708
59th | Decoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by c0ff View Post
DRM server had failed. And the code missed this case, when login server works and DRM one does not.
Also, the offline mode of operation will come; can't give ETA at this moment though.
Thank you for your speedy reply

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

i7-7700K oc at 5Ghz | GTX 1080ti | 32GB DDR4 Ram | Warthog & Saitek Peddles | CV1
Our Website | Our Facebook Page | YouTube Channel

Old 02-03-2018, 12:19 PM   #709
SGT Coyle

Quote:
Ya,
If I were to run into on the street I would shake your hand, but this I will buy you beer. You will have to come to Michigan for that. lol

Thank you for all you do.

p.s.

I think you can add the [solved] tag to this post.
Old 02-03-2018, 12:37 PM   #710
shagrat
ED Translator

Quote:
Thanks, for the quick fix! Really looking forward to the solution for offline mode.

If this is working, we are all happy, I guess.

No more trouble with activations running low, the benefit of being able to install on a Laptop etc. and just Log In with your account, plus having the Option to play offline through Internet problems or when in a remote area for a longer time.

This is really good news.

- Flying Sims since 1984 -
Win 10 | i5 7600K@4.0GHz | 32GB | GeForce GTX 1080 8GB - Acer XB280HK 28" 4k | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | TM HOTAS Warthog custom build extension | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | TM Cougar MFDs |a hand made UFC and an AHCP | Oculus Rift & controller
Closed Thread