90 Calendar Days 207 47.37%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 437. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 12-06-2017, 04:08 PM   #561
NineLine
Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exorcet View Post
In this case that's only going to be available to Harrier users though. What you say is still true, but the number of people who can give feedback will be reduced.
Yet it seems to be enough to warrant all this attention and opinions.
ED Facebook PageED YouTube PageWags YouTubeMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine #0440
**How to Report a Bug**
Old 12-06-2017, 04:45 PM   #562
Exorcet

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiThSpAwN View Post
Yet it seems to be enough to warrant all this attention and opinions.
In part because it's going to be implemented to all modules. What I'm saying is that it's in everyone's interest to see how the new system works, but only a few will get a chance, at least for now.

Asking about this beforehand would have let everyone get involved.
Old 12-06-2017, 04:48 PM   #563
NineLine
Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exorcet View Post
In part because it's going to be implemented to all modules. What I'm saying is that it's in everyone's interest to see how the new system works, but only a few will get a chance, at least for now.

Asking about this beforehand would have let everyone get involved.
Still not sure what you mean, you are basically getting a preview, before hand, while it's only on the Harrier and only in Early Access. It's basically what you said they should do, and they are doing it. And to top it off, they are already reviewing it.
ED Facebook PageED YouTube PageWags YouTubeMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine #0440
**How to Report a Bug**
Old 12-06-2017, 04:48 PM   #564
cichlidfan
Veteran

Quote:
Not sure adding an option for ED to have no checks in place is a viable option,...
It would not be 'no checks'. It would be just like Starforce is now, since there is no evidence that Starforce checks periodically.
ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1
Old 12-06-2017, 04:52 PM   #565
NineLine
Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by cichlidfan View Post
It would not be 'no checks'. It would be just like Starforce is now, since there is no evidence that Starforce checks periodically.
But Startforce checks something, it's just different than the new DRM. So instead of 'no checks' you would want an option of hardware checks wouldnt you?
**How to Report a Bug**
Old 12-06-2017, 05:10 PM   #566
Johnny_Rico

Quote:
But Startforce checks something, it's just different than the new DRM. So instead of 'no checks' you would want an option of hardware checks wouldnt you?

Not sure what you are meaning

You mean starforce checks the current PC hardware against what PC hardware the module is activated against,
to ensure it is on the same PC ?
Of course it does not need internet connection to do that

Guide to help out new DCS MOOSE Users -> HERE
Havoc Company Dedicated server info Connect IP: 94.23.215.203
SRS enabled - freqs - Main = 243, A2A = 244, A2G = 245
Please contact me HERE if you have any server feedback or METAR issues/requests
Old 12-06-2017, 05:13 PM   #567
NineLine
Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny_Rico View Post
Not sure what you are meaning

You mean starforce checks the current PC hardware against what the module is activated against,
to ensure it is on the same PC ?
Of course it does not need internet connection to do that
Ugh, but if you put down that the new DRM should never expire, then it has to have another check to replace that... you cant just have no protection. SO if you have a never expires, you need to replace it with another check. Starforce checks for hardware changes, if you dont have one, you need the other, or something.
**How to Report a Bug**
Old 12-06-2017, 05:36 PM   #568
Johnny_Rico

Ah get you now

So more like

DRM will not expire unless PC hardware has changed significantly, hardware is checked each time program is launched

kinda deal ?

Guide to help out new DCS MOOSE Users -> HERE
Havoc Company Dedicated server info Connect IP: 94.23.215.203
SRS enabled - freqs - Main = 243, A2A = 244, A2G = 245
Please contact me HERE if you have any server feedback or METAR issues/requests

Last edited by Johnny_Rico; 12-06-2017 at 05:52 PM.
Old 12-06-2017, 05:39 PM   #569
NineLine
Community Manager

Something like that, or like others have suggested, checks on updates. I am not a DRM expert though, so I am not sure what is best or what options they have, so I am happy to wait to see what ED comes back with.
**How to Report a Bug**
Old 12-06-2017, 06:55 PM   #570
SkateZilla
Moderator/ED Testers Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by cichlidfan View Post
How do you think Starforce Pro-Active DRM Console determines that a key has been blacklisted by Starforce?

Starforce Console Checks License Key Status, along w/ other Parameters Like Machine Code against Code stored on Server, if it's been Suspended, Expires, BlackListed, etc

When You Launch DCS.exe, Every xxxxx_protect.exe for every module you have installed processes said request.

If you don't believe that to be the case, ask any user that bought a License Key from Middle-Shop Website who purchased their lot of keys through fraud, and their key has since been black listed, and they can no longer use that module until they purchased a license from a authorized store front.
TM Warthog HOTAS, TM MFDs, CH Fighterstick, Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals, TrackIR4 Pro

Last edited by SkateZilla; 12-06-2017 at 07:33 PM.
Closed Thread