90 Calendar Days 207 47.37%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 437. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 12-06-2017, 12:28 AM   #551
MonnieRock

Send a message via ICQ to MonnieRock

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiThSpAwN View Post
Not really, I expressed my opinion, and I am of the opinion that most people don't haul their DCS rig along when they go camping or sit on a beach somewhere, it's my opinion, based on our statements, I am allowed to have and share that.
I respect your opinion. we both agree to:

A person's personal opinion is Their prerogative.

Quote:
SO not sure why you are so hung up on the vacation thing, but have at it.
Because, something we agreed upon:

It is my opinion.

If we agree on something. What is good for you, is just as equally good for me or others, as we all are equal voices. Unless there is some form of discrimination going on.

Happy Simming,
Monnie
Rack Rig: Rosewill RSV-L4000 | Koolance ERM-3K3UC | i7-4960x @ 5ghz w/EK Monoblock | Asus Rampage IV Black Edition | 64GB 2133mhz | EVGA TitanX Superclocked w/ EK Waterblock | 2x Samsung 850 Pro 1TB in RAID 0 | Lepa 1600w PSU | Windows 10 Pro 64bit | TM Warthog HOTAS w/30cm Extension | MFG Crosswind Rudders | Obutto R3volution
Old 12-06-2017, 12:30 AM   #552
NineLine
Community Manager

So can we both agree to get back on topic now, whatever that might be at this point...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonnieRock View Post
I respect your opinion. we both agree to:

Because, something we agreed upon:

It is my opinion.

If we agree on something. What is good for you, is just as equally good for me as we are equal voices. Unless there is some form of discrimination going on.

Happy Simming,
Monnie
ED Facebook PageED YouTube PageWags YouTubeMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine #0440
**How to Report a Bug**
Old 12-06-2017, 12:34 AM   #553
MonnieRock

Send a message via ICQ to MonnieRock

Sounds good Sir, I agree

Happy Simming,
Monnie
Rack Rig: Rosewill RSV-L4000 | Koolance ERM-3K3UC | i7-4960x @ 5ghz w/EK Monoblock | Asus Rampage IV Black Edition | 64GB 2133mhz | EVGA TitanX Superclocked w/ EK Waterblock | 2x Samsung 850 Pro 1TB in RAID 0 | Lepa 1600w PSU | Windows 10 Pro 64bit | TM Warthog HOTAS w/30cm Extension | MFG Crosswind Rudders | Obutto R3volution
Old 12-06-2017, 12:47 AM   #554
WytchCrypt

Quote:
Hardly similar to the situation we find ourselves in right now though.... with DCS. And the poll doesn't contain all the options ED is looking at for their new DRM, so kinda takes the air out of the poll even more.
My experience of statistical analysis in a manufacturing arena simply showed ignoring data cost a company $$$. I would believe the lesson learned would apply to any company that ignores adverse quality results or direct customer feedback.

As far as the current poll, I would agree that the number of people voting for 90 days is not directly representative of the general population of DCS users. Why? Because I would bet everyone who voted 90 days actually did so only because the "never" option was not present
Old 12-06-2017, 05:30 AM   #555
Huckle

Quote:
Regardless, the point is, these polls dont even reach 1% of the ED customer base, I doubt the location would have made much of a difference, even if you had twice the votes, you are still barely scrapping the surface.
To be sure, is it an option to poll all users via the weekly update email?

Please include "never" just to make certain the responses are reflective of the community's opinions..
Old 12-06-2017, 02:03 PM   #556
Johnny_Rico

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckle View Post
To be sure, is it an option to poll all users via the weekly update email?

Please include "never" just to make certain the responses are reflective of the community's opinions..
+1 to adding never option, it would be a more comprehensive poll

Havoc Company Dedicated server info Connect IP: 94.23.215.203
SRS enabled - freqs - Main = 243, A2A = 244, A2G = 245
Please PM me if you have any server feedback/issues
Old 12-06-2017, 02:06 PM   #557
NineLine
Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny_Rico View Post
+1 to adding never option, it would be a more comprehensive poll
Not sure adding an option for ED to have no checks in place is a viable option, I think it would make the poll even less useful, not to mention adding options after people have already voted doesnt seem right.
ED Facebook PageED YouTube PageWags YouTubeMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine #0440
**How to Report a Bug**
Old 12-06-2017, 02:23 PM   #558
Exorcet

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc_neo View Post
True, its a tiny amount of registered forum users. Nontheless, you don't need a very high number to get pretty accurate results... [math]
Just remember that this works best when the population is uniform. You could argue that vocal forum members might have different priorities from casual forum members, and that both might have different concerns from non forum members.

All that said, the poll is probably reasonably accurate. Even if it works well a lot of the time, it's not hard to find yourself in a situation where you lose your connection for 3 days or even a few days more.

Quote:
True, but ED cant design anything around everyone's personal prerogative can they? I would guess most people that go on vacation don't go for the joy of playing DCS in some exotic area? If you have to plan for Joe Blo that likes to sip wine on the beach and drop JDAMs, its gonna get pretty tough...
True, but the new DRM was also sprung out of nowhere. Asking for opinions on it first might have made things smoother. I think a few posts cited complaints with Starforce as one of the reasons behind the change, but the thing is people happy with Starforce most likely didn't feel a need to say they were happy with it. I never mentioned my opinion on that system unless a thread came up criticizing it.
Old 12-06-2017, 02:28 PM   #559
NineLine
Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exorcet View Post
Asking for opinions on it first might have made things smoother.
Open Beta. That is what Open Beta is for.
**How to Report a Bug**
Old 12-06-2017, 02:59 PM   #560
Exorcet

Quote:
Open Beta. That is what Open Beta is for.
In this case that's only going to be available to Harrier users though. What you say is still true, but the number of people who can give feedback will be reduced.
Closed Thread