60 Calendar Days 11 2.52%
90 Calendar Days 207 47.37%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 437. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 12-05-2017, 07:33 PM   #531
Johnny_Rico

Quote:
Originally Posted by Force10 View Post
It's a bit of a stretch to say there are 60,000 active forum members...given that the viewing numbers are usually in the teens or lower for threads. I Imagine moving the poll from the popular DCS World General section to the seldom viewed Payments and Activation area helped limit the number of votes.
Yep the original location would have got a lot more responses, it was much more visible up there

When the forum loads it would have been right there infront of you

Havoc Company Dedicated server info Connect IP: 94.23.215.203
SRS enabled - freqs - Main = 243, A2A = 244, A2G = 245
Please contact me HERE if you have any server feedback or METAR issues/requests
Old 12-05-2017, 07:34 PM   #532
bolt69

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiThSpAwN View Post
Regardless, the point is, these polls dont even reach 1% of the ED customer base, I doubt the location would have made much of a difference, even if you had twice the votes, you are still barely scrapping the surface.
If we are so insignificant, I wonder if this pole is really usefull... I have a doubt...
Old 12-05-2017, 07:38 PM   #533
NineLine
Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by bolt69 View Post
If we are so insignificant, I wonder if this pole is really usefull... I have a doubt...
Your opinions have been very helpful, and will drive the choices ED has made. The choice ED picks wont be made from the poll though. So no you are not insignificant, and no these polls generally aren't very useful.
ED Facebook PageED YouTube PageWags YouTubeMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine #0440
**How to Report a Bug**
Old 12-05-2017, 07:39 PM   #534
Force10

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiThSpAwN View Post
Regardless, the point is, these polls dont even reach 1% of the ED customer base, I doubt the location would have made much of a difference, even if you had twice the votes, you are still barely scrapping the surface.
True enough.

Polls usually only have a small sample size though. Any country poll only samples a small group that represents the larger populous...so the poll has done it's job I would think. 90 days will probably be a bit too long for ED but I think 30 days would be the sweet spot. Especially if the current DRM phones home once a month or so anyway...it would be more seamless since it's already being done. (more or less)

It's probably rare for someone to be without internet for 30 days. The 14 day option...well...people have been know to take 2 week vacations and bring their gaming laptops with them. Would be nice to have access to your modules in that scenario.
16 gig 1866mhz Corsair Vengence Pro memory
EVGA GTX 970 Superclocked 4gb Video Card
Intel 510 series 120gb SSD (boot drive)
Samsung 840 1TB SSD
Onboard Realtek sound

Old 12-05-2017, 07:42 PM   #535
NineLine
Community Manager

Quote:
True enough.

Polls usually only have a small sample size though. Any country poll only samples a small group that represents the larger populous...so the poll has done it's job I would think. 90 days will probably be a bit too long for ED but I think 30 days would be the sweet spot. Especially if the current DRM phones home once a month or so anyway...it would be more seamless since it's already being done. (more or less)

It's probably rare for someone to be without internet for 30 days. The 14 day option...well...people have been know to take 2 week vacations and bring their gaming laptops with them. Would be nice to have access to your modules in that scenario.
Actually there have been a number of examples shown that people can be stuck without internet for long periods of time, most importantly guys on deployment. ED will take all that into account for what they decide to do, even if its something different than even this time limited check.
ED Facebook PageED YouTube PageWags YouTubeMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine #0440
**How to Report a Bug**
Old 12-05-2017, 07:44 PM   #536
probad

feels like the equipment dcs needs is at odds with scenarios that involve being without internet for extended periods

when you're on vacation or any other activity where you need to be mobile lugging around sim gear is a bit much
hahaha hey look at me i surely know more about aviation and coding than actual industry professionals hired for their competency because i have read jalopnik and wikipedia i bet theyve never even heard of google LOL

Last edited by probad; 12-05-2017 at 07:48 PM.
Old 12-05-2017, 07:48 PM   #537
NineLine
Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by probad View Post
feels like the equipment dcs needs is at odds with scenarios that involve being without internet for extended periods
I guess it depends on where I am, but yeah, if I am on vacation, I am not playing DCS, unless the vacation is me staying at home, then it's DCS overload
**How to Report a Bug**
Old 12-05-2017, 07:51 PM   #538
Force10

Quote:
Originally Posted by probad View Post
Are you serious? Have you ever seen a millennial without their phone/electronics while on vacation? Bringing some comforts of home while being in an isolated area is not uncommon. That doesn't mean you're on it 24/7 while on vacation. Maybe every few days winding down in the cabin or whatever.

lol...looks like you edited your previous response about vacation being b.s. The quote changed to your edited version when I pressed it. My response was to your un-edited post.
16 gig 1866mhz Corsair Vengence Pro memory
EVGA GTX 970 Superclocked 4gb Video Card
Intel 510 series 120gb SSD (boot drive)
Samsung 840 1TB SSD
Onboard Realtek sound

Old 12-05-2017, 07:51 PM   #539
probad

that's exactly what i mean, if you go outside for a vacation you're there to get away from it all, not out there for dcs. if you wanted to sit down and enjoy dcs just stay at home with your nice setup.
Quote:
Are you serious? Have you ever seen a millennial without their phone/electronics while on vacation? Bringing some comforts of home while being in an isolated area is not uncommon. That doesn't mean you're on it 24/7 while on vacation. Maybe every few days winding down in the cabin or whatever.
yeah you'd have a laptop/smartphone/tablet and some pick-up-and-play games but anyone who lugs around their entire sim kit hasn't been on vacation before lmao
hahaha hey look at me i surely know more about aviation and coding than actual industry professionals hired for their competency because i have read jalopnik and wikipedia i bet theyve never even heard of google LOL
Old 12-05-2017, 08:25 PM   #540
mue

Quote:
Especially if the current DRM phones home once a month or so anyway...it would be more seamless since it's already being done. (more or less)
That was said by a moderator here to defend the new drm system. But we still wait for confirmation from official ED staff. My test and experiences from other users rather show it's not the case.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=196899
Closed Thread