21 Calendar Days 10 2.29%
30 Calendar Days ( Once a Month ) 154 35.24%
60 Calendar Days 11 2.52%
90 Calendar Days 207 47.37%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 437. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 12-03-2017, 05:50 PM   #501
Johnny_Rico

Companies have changed their minds in the past when it was for the benefit of their profits / share holders

eg a particular decision might reduce their profits, but reversing this decision might increase them

Havoc Company Dedicated server info Connect IP: 94.23.215.203
SRS enabled - freqs - Main = 243, A2A = 244, A2G = 245
Please PM me if you have any server feedback/issues

Last edited by Johnny_Rico; 12-03-2017 at 06:02 PM.
Old 12-04-2017, 12:50 AM   #502
MonnieRock

Send a message via ICQ to MonnieRock
Lightbulb Conditions and Proposal

Hello Everyone,

Just a few things to think about that does not apply to everyone nor includes everyone that has purchased TFC/Eagle Dynamics DCSW Products.

Remember, Internet connectivity is a privilege, not a right

Paying DCS Customers:

A Person or Persons that have legally purchased, activated TFC/Eagle Dynamics DCSW Products which is installed on a Mobile PC/Laptop before arriving to said examples below.

A Person or Persons that use said Mobile PC/Laptop for Offline Single Player without connectivity after their work shifts.

A Person or Persons that uses said Mobile PC/Laptop for Offline Single Player without connectivity at their Vacation Homes.

Workers:

A) Paying DCS Customers that are working in remote locations with limited to no connectivity, providing Hurricane / Natural Disaster relief to rebuild the nonfunctional infrastructures that provide these commodities. (Power,Water,Telephone,Cellular,Etc.)

B) Paying DCS Customers that work in land development in regions with limited to no connectivity, to create the first infrastructures that provide these commodities that are not present. (Power,Water,Telephone,Cellular,Etc.)

C) Paying DCS Customers that work in Offshore / Remote Mining / Drilling of Natural Resources in regions with limited to no connectivity.

D) Paying DCS Customers that are Active duty, Reserve duty, military personnel / contractors deployed to theaters of operations with limited to no connectivity.

Customers:

A) Paying DCS Customers that have vacation homes in regions with limited to no connectivity, that nonfunctional infrastructures are being repaired by Workers due to Hurricanes / Natural Disasters. { See A) under Workers}

B) Paying DCS Customers that have vacation homes in regions with limited to no connectivity. ( Ski Chalets, Hunting / Fishing Camps, Hiking and Mountain Bike Terrain)

C) Paying DCS Customers that have vacation homes in Tropical / Caribbean / Island regions with limited to no connectivity.(Beach Homes, Resorts,etc.)

Summary
1) Currently, with the TFC/Eagle Dynamics DCSW Digital Rights Management. Paying DCS Customers: must have connectivity every 3 calendar days for Offline Single Player Modes. If connectivity is unavailable after 3 calendar days, the legally purchased AV-8B N/A VTOL module will not function in Offline Single Player Modes.

2) With the proposed retroactively applied TFC/Eagle Dynamics DCSW Digital Rights Management. Paying DCS Customers: must have connectivity every 3 calendar days for Offline Single Player Modes. If connectivity is unavailable after 3 calendar days, all legally purchased TFC/Eagle Dynamics DCSW modules will not function in Offline Single Player Modes.

3) Person / Persons effected by the current and proposed TFC/Eagle Dynamics DCSW Digital Right Management

a) Paying DCS Customers:(See above)

b) Workers:(See above)

c) Customers:(See above)

Proposal:

1) Paying DCS Customers: Once activated, use of legally purchased TFC/Eagle Dynamics DCSW modules will function in Offline Single Player Modes unlimited.

2) Paying DCS Customers: Will be required to re-verify legally purchased TFC/Eagle Dynamics DCSW modules to function in Offline Single Player Modes unlimited during the following.

a) Any and all connections when logged into username account.
b) Software updates
c) Software version changes including reverting back to prior versions.
d) Purchases of additional modules
e) Installation of previous purchased modules.
f) To process Clean or Repair functions.

LAN and Multiplayer:
LAN and Multiplayer are not part of the proposal because to function beyond activation connectivity is required. At such point the re-verify procedure would preform automatically being connected to username account.

Happy Simming,
Monnie
Rack Rig: Rosewill RSV-L4000 | Koolance ERM-3K3UC | i7-4960x @ 5ghz w/EK Monoblock | Asus Rampage IV Black Edition | 64GB 2133mhz | EVGA TitanX Superclocked w/ EK Waterblock | 2x Samsung 850 Pro 1TB in RAID 0 | Lepa 1600w PSU | Windows 10 Pro 64bit | TM Warthog HOTAS w/30cm Extension | MFG Crosswind Rudders | Obutto R3volution

Last edited by MonnieRock; 12-04-2017 at 11:22 AM.
Old 12-04-2017, 02:28 AM   #503
huggy98

Default not what i paid for.

I bought all of my planes assets maps etc with the intent of using them offline/online. I live on a yacht in Queensland Australia. even on land phone coverage is bad, but I live on a yacht. and my internet is mobile wifi. I can, and do spend weeks without a phone signal and internet. I like to play offline when i'm at sea or anchored up in some remote place. I don't really know what this new procedure is but it sounds like you might be removing my aircraft which I have paid many hundreds of dollars for. please tell me I am mistaken and my stuff isn't going to be taken from me.
Old 12-04-2017, 02:05 PM   #504
Baaz

I know I'm a little late to this conversation, and this may have been mentioned earleir, but the problem I have is that if I don't log into the DCS servers, not only am I not able to play multiplayer but the AV-8B module is disabled entirely. It isn't even listed as a module along with all the other buttons at the bottom of the main screen. It's as though the AV-8B doesn't exist within DCS. Is that how it's intended to operate? If so, anyone who can't connect to the internet is out of luck in terms of playing with the AV-8B and any future module under this system.
Old 12-04-2017, 02:31 PM   #505
WytchCrypt

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonnieRock View Post
Proposal:

1) Paying DCS Customers: Once activated, use of legally purchased TFC/Eagle Dynamics DCSW modules will function in Offline Single Player Modes unlimited.

2) Paying DCS Customers: Will be required to re-verify legally purchased TFC/Eagle Dynamics DCSW modules to function in Offline Single Player Modes unlimited during the following.

b) Software updates

Happy Simming,
Monnie
As someone who only flies offline single player, this strategy would be perfect and would insure I continue to purchase modules
Old 12-04-2017, 03:05 PM   #506
Exorcet

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonnieRock View Post
Proposal:

b) Software updates

LAN and Multiplayer:
LAN and Multiplayer are not part of the proposal because to function beyond activation connectivity is required. At such point the re-verify procedure would preform automatically being connected to username account.

Happy Simming,
Monnie
Good idea, I support this as well.
Old 12-04-2017, 06:14 PM   #507
feefifofum
3rd Party Developer

Agreed.

I think Monnie has an excellent compromise that will protect Eagle's investment without burdening those without regular web access.

I would only add in something to monitor frequency of connections from different PCs and require a verification email with a captcha or similar, perhaps, if several machines are detected logging in over a short period.

This should make it difficult to steal from the hard working people who design this wonderful content for us while still allowing us the freedom to play where we like.
Old 12-04-2017, 08:05 PM   #508
Huckle

+1
Old 12-04-2017, 08:35 PM   #509
sc_neo

MonnieRock's proposal does not adequately deal with the account theft and creditcard/paypal fraud issue that seems to be on EDs mind when they designed the new system.

When someone manages to steal a legit account and then installs that account's modules and activates these per one time requirement, its quite unlikely that comes to the attention of the paying customer before that onetime activation has been passed. Now theres no way of disabling the illegitimate module installation.

Same goes for buying modules with stolen credicard details or outright paypal ''booking back'' fraud. As i have outlined earlier, you get yourself a prepaid creditcard and then use paypal for the actual DCS module purchase, install, activate, rebook the money via paypal.

If you want to combat both fraudschemes effectively, you need three things in place:

1.) two-factor verification via email on activating modules
2.) overview of DCS world installations/activations on different hardware configs i.e. laptops, pc which the user can identify, and time and date of activation attempts inside you ED webprofile
3.) 30+ day (i would rather say 60 or more) period with repeated online verification every x days AFTER installing DCS world on a new hardware config with your account. This gives hopefully enough time to either the rightful customer become aware that someone got access to his account and uses it to play for free.

This gives ED enough time revoke fraudulent activations after creditcard fraud in whatever shape or form has been brougth to their attention.

I kinda got the feeling that ED will not go back to the onetime activation thing. I kinda come around and think its fair enough for them to get at least a time period where they can identify and shutout fraudsters.

BUT, at the same time i believe it totally possible to lift the repeated online verification requirement for a specific DCS world installation after some time has passed and the validity of said installation has been established.

Too complicated for the enduser? I can't see that. Right now, we get our starforce keys per email (besides profile of course). Then, we'd get an activation link via email which acts as a notification simultaneously incase someone else is doing shady stuff with our account. Easy enough to implement a day counter ingame that tells you when you can sail off to Bermuda and never come back
Old 12-04-2017, 08:49 PM   #510
MonnieRock

Send a message via ICQ to MonnieRock

SC_Neo

In cases of fraud, don't credit card companies / paypal reimburse the merchant?

Happy Simming,
Monnie
Rack Rig: Rosewill RSV-L4000 | Koolance ERM-3K3UC | i7-4960x @ 5ghz w/EK Monoblock | Asus Rampage IV Black Edition | 64GB 2133mhz | EVGA TitanX Superclocked w/ EK Waterblock | 2x Samsung 850 Pro 1TB in RAID 0 | Lepa 1600w PSU | Windows 10 Pro 64bit | TM Warthog HOTAS w/30cm Extension | MFG Crosswind Rudders | Obutto R3volution
Closed Thread