Show me your dogfighting skills....

NineLine

You guys are very good - I'm rubbish in comparison. I can never get close enough for a proper good squirt.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asus ROG Rampage Extreme VI; i9 7900X (all 10 cores at 4.5GHz); 32 Gb Corsair Dominator DDR4; EVGA 1080Ti Hybrid; 1Tb Samsung 960 Evo M2; 2Tb Samsung 850 Pro secondary.

Oculus Rift; TM Warthog; Saitek Combat Pros.

• 3 weeks later...
  • ED Team

having fun editing some footage, here is the end of one dog fight

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

having fun editing some footage, here is the end of one dog fight

Judging by the amount of direct cannon hits it took to bring it down, thats an AI right? :)

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

• ED Team
Judging by the amount of direct cannon hits it took to bring it down, thats an AI right? :)

Yes AI, and reported by me, ED are working on it :)

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

I must say I too find it difficult to bring down any AI fighters!

I am practising, pending the Normandy release, on the four WW2 modules I own, Me 109, FW 190, Mustang and Spit. Out of all of them the Mustang is most stable to fly, with the Me 109 next, then FW 190 and Spit the last?

Apart from my lousy dogfighting skills (for me, its like hitting a Bee with a pea shooter whilst on a garden swing!) the damage to the AI (enemy) is always very low. Possibly because I am only scoring a couple of hits per dogfight.

My biggest problem seems to be high speed stalls when in the Spitfire and FW. The 109 and Pony are stable and smooth? But by far the worst for me is the Spit. Seemingly weak guns and a tendency to bite me if I am in a high speed turn, without any G induced blackout? She will suddenly drop a wing and I end up fighting it?

So if DCS can add a little more punch to the 20mm shells, it would help!

Mud moving is going to be my Normandy speciality, I doubt I would take on any fighters! I am going to leave that to the wingmen.

So I need either a Jug or a Tiffy...please?

Best regards

David

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]i7 Haswell @ 4.6Ghz, Z97p, GTX1080, 32GB DDR3, x3SSD, Win7/64, professional. 32" BenQ, TIR 5, Saitek x55 HOTAS.

Search User Files for "herky" for my uploaded missions. My flight sim videos on You Tube. https://www.youtube.com/user/David Herky

• 6 months later...

Here is my practice today in the third mission from the top.

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Pesky German AI Piloted FW-190s Tough Opponents

I must say I too find it difficult to bring down any AI fighters!

I am practising, pending the Normandy release, on the four WW2 modules I own, Me 109, FW 190, Mustang and Spit. Out of all of them the Mustang is most stable to fly, with the Me 109 next, then FW 190 and Spit the last?

Apart from my lousy dogfighting skills (for me, its like hitting a Bee with a pea shooter whilst on a garden swing!) the damage to the AI (enemy) is always very low. Possibly because I am only scoring a couple of hits per dogfight.

My biggest problem seems to be high speed stalls when in the Spitfire and FW. The 109 and Pony are stable and smooth? But by far the worst for me is the Spit. Seemingly weak guns and a tendency to bite me if I am in a high speed turn, without any G induced blackout? She will suddenly drop a wing and I end up fighting it?

So if DCS can add a little more punch to the 20mm shells, it would help!

Mud moving is going to be my Normandy speciality, I doubt I would take on any fighters! I am going to leave that to the wingmen.

So I need either a Jug or a Tiffy...please?

Best regards

David

==========================================

Spitfire

Instant Action - Caucasus - Dogfight 2 Spitfires vs 2 x FW-190 D-9 AI

Maybe just me - but I find that the German FW-190 AI piloted Birds are much Peskier Opponents than in the P-51D Module.

In Spitfire, I can Saddle Up in Rear Aspect just Fine - but the AI German Pilot are much more Aggressive (or Skilled) in their Defensive Maneuvering and I find it much more dificult to get a Good (In Plane) Tracking Gunshot than fighting the FW-190 in the P-51 Module.

Just me ?

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Even with the new damage model it takes some magic to bring down FW190A8s haha.  I was playing the Big Show campaign and you have a furball with 40 of them...it took 22 impacts (mostly 20mm shells) before it finally went down.  That also was about all the ammo I had haha.  I do think the convergence area is key, but I have been working hard to figure it out.  Ce la ví.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...