Eurofighter crashed in italy today :(

=DECOY=

So sad! R.I.P.

But, why no ejection? Any info?

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

sad RIP

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

My guess is, either of the two things happened:

1. The pilot thought he could pull out in time (miscalculated)

2. G-Loc

It's kinda hard to believe, if he was conciouss and aware, that he didn't realize it's time to eject so..my guess is, GLoc (even partial could lead to his belated reaction and fatal crash).

It just goes to show how fragile and relative human life is. Lights turn off in a split second.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Commanding Officer of:

2nd Company 1st financial guard battalion "Mrcine"

See our squads here and our

Croatian radio chat for DCS World

That was the second deadly Eurofighter crash in less than two weeks. :(

RIP

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

If you are diving fast towards the ground and too low to pull up you most likely won't have enough altitude to safely eject either. So the third option is that the pilot made a mistake and upon realizing it considered that his only option is to try to pull up rather than eject. In finland there was a Hawk accident where the rear seat guy ejected and pummeled to the ground and died while the front seater survived the crash as the plane managed to straighten just enough to not kill the pilot when crashing.

DCS Finland: Suomalainen DCS yhteisö -- Finnish DCS community

--------------------------------------------------

SF Squadron

It looks to me that the AoA changed about 2 seconds or so before impact. If this is true I don't think gloc could be the cause. It looks simply like the pilot was too low (and way too fast) coming out of the loop. RIP anyways.

On a side note is it true that the Viper has a system to stop it crashing into the ground? I wonder if the Typhoon has a similar system (but failed). Just wondering.

Edited by mr_mojo97

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |

just sad like every death :(.

a pitty that they risk their lives toynig with planes. hope thats the way he wanted to end.

Edited by shonist

I7 7700k - Msi Z270 Gaming+

GTX 1070ti

16gb @2400

2x Samsung 850EVO 250/500 - 1x HDD 1TB

SAITEK-MAD CATZ CYBORG FLY 5 STICK

WIN 10

It looks to me that the AoA changed about 2 seconds or so before impact. If this is true I don't think gloc could be the cause. It looks simply like the pilot was too low (and way too fast) coming out of the loop. RIP anyways.

On a side note is it true that the Viper has a system to stop it crashing into the ground? I wonder if the Typhoon has a similar system (but failed). Just wondering.

You must mean GCAS (Ground Collision Avoidance System):

http://aviationweek.com/air-combat-safety/auto-gcas-saves-unconscious-f-16-pilot-declassified-usaf-footage

Doesn't work in all circumstances, certainly not if you are diving high-speed into the ground. But it certainly has its merits!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

zero-zero when the sink rate is neutral, but it appears to be high in the video and in that case ejection wont save the pilot.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

What about that Thunderbird crash a while back that gave us that amazing photo. I imagine his sink rate was pretty high but was able to clear the aircraft. I have seen other ejection similar but I guess the vertical velocity was within the limit.

Windows 10 Pro 64, I5 4690k @4.6GHz with CAPTIAN 240EX AOI, Samsung 850 EVO ,G Skill Ripjaws 16G RAM, Nvidia GTX 970 STRIX, MSI Z97 GAMING 5, WD Blue 1TB HDD, Seasonic M12 II EVO psu, Track IR 5, Pro Flight X-55 Rhino H.O.T.A.S

I thought modern ejection seats are zero-zero.

Yes, that means they will work at zero altitude at zero airspeed (and above of course). But they won't save you if you're close to the ground and still going down.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

That was the second deadly Eurofighter crash in less than two weeks. :(

RIP

Where was the other incident?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] Waiting to build a F/A-18C home-pit...

ex - Swiss Air Force Pilatus PC-21 Ground Crew

SFM? AFM? EFM?? What's this?

i7-5960X (8 core @3.00GHz)¦32GB DDR4 RAM¦Asus X99-WS/IPMI¦2x GTX970 4GB SLI¦Samsung 850 PRO 512GB SSD¦TrackIR 5 Pro¦TM Warthog¦MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

• Like 1

Tornado3 small.jpg

It isn't a good idea to debate the cause of an air accident. Show some respect for the family of the deceased, and allow the authorities to do their work.

It is always sad when an incident like this happens. Condolences to all those affected by this tragedy, regardless of the cause.

• Like 2

It isn't a good idea to debate the cause of an air accident. Show some respect for the family of the deceased.

I don't see how talking about it in a civilized manner is in any way disrespectful. Of course, to each his own I guess.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Commanding Officer of:

2nd Company 1st financial guard battalion "Mrcine"

See our squads here and our

Croatian radio chat for DCS World