Lock On Platinum

• ED Team

Lock On Platinum

Over the past several months, several of you have asked why we cannot do a box product of Lock On and Flaming Cliffs 2 together in a single package. The speed bump has been that we do not own the intellectual property (IP) rights to Lock On; Ubisoft does. After several months of negotiations though, we have secured the license rights to release such a retail product in the U.S. We did not want to bring this up earlier in case the plan fell through.

This project has also been delayed because we want to integrate the Flaming Cliffs 2 patch into the DVD version of FC2 that will be included in the box package. This is particularly important because we want to resolve installer issues. As most of you have read, this patch is in final testing.

Once the patched FC2 code is complete, we can send it and the other publishing assets to our distributor for duplication and retail distribution. The time from sending final assets to LOP being on store shelves is about two months (typical packaging creation, duplication, and distribution time frame). As such, LOP should be available in early July of 2010. We'll do a press release on the ship date that will include a list of retailers and the purchase price.

Trailer can be viewed here:

Thanks,

Matt

FC2_PC_Gamer_Advert_preview.thumb.jpg.a0b92e6ffb999972f3604dc1cd69c528.jpg

Edited by Wags
  • Like 3

Excellent!! I will definitely be a customer!! :pilotfly::thumbup::joystick:

I only respond to that little mechanical voice that says "Terrain! Terrain! Pull Up! Pull Up!"

Who can say what is impossible, for the dream of yesterday is the hope of today and the reality of tomorrow.

-Robert Goddard

"A hybrid. A car for enthusiasts of armpit hair and brown rice." -Jeremy Clarkson

"I swear by my pretty floral bonet, I will end you." -Mal from Firefly

Nice trailer.

I think this is good news. I had to dig around in my basement once I noticed FC2 had come out for my ol' LOMAC disk, so packaging this all up is a really good idea. I'm glad this was sorted out with Ubisoft.

I love playing FC2, so thanks for that, and I hope for your continued success. I've got my credit card out ready for the pre-order of the DCS-A10 too... ;-)

• ED Team
Great news! I shall spread the word.....

Nate

Nate - the package will only be available in North America due to Ubisoft only licensing Lock On in North America to TFC.

For the rest of the world, you will have to have a copy of Lock On, and then buy Flaming Cliffs 2, as either as a download or as a boxed retail product.

Having problems? Visit http://en.wiki.eagle.ru/wiki/Main_Page

Dell Laptop M1730 -Vista- Intel Core 2 Duo T7500@2.2GHz, 4GB, Nvidia 8700MGT 767MB

Intel i7 975 Extreme 3.2GHZ CPU, NVidia GTX 570 1.28Gb Pcie Graphics.

Great news!

Finally a perfect one stop shop solution for new comers! :thumbsup:

• Like 1

[sigpic]http://www.virtualthunderbirds.com/Signatures/sig_LD.jpg[/sigpic]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Corsair 750D Case | Corsair RM850i PSU | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS X CODE | 32GB Corsair DDR4 3200 |

Intel i7-8086K | Corsair Hydro H100i v2 Cooler | EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW | Oculus Rift |

X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty | Samsung SSD 970 EVO 1TB NVMe | Samsung SSD 850 EVO 1TB | WD Caviar Black 2 x 1TB |

TM HOTAS Warthog | TM Pendular Rudder | TM MFD Cougar Pack | 40" LG 1080p LED | Win10 |

"A return to the days of the great Flight Sims" and "Platinum" make me wish it came in a richer package than just that lame plastic DVD Box. You know, metal or wooden mil box, some dog tags, arm patches, postcards, soundtrack CD, big fat manual.. Any chance for a big fat manual at least? ;)

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

Nate - the package will only be available in North America due to Ubisoft only licensing Lock On in North America to TFC.

For the rest of the world, you will have to have a copy of Lock On, and then buy Flaming Cliffs 2, as either as a download or as a boxed retail product.

Understood, a pity.

Nate

eight US aircraft? any idea which?

Eight FLYABLE aircraft, not eight flyable US-aircraft.

• Su-25

• Su-25 T

• A-10 A

• Su-27

• Su-33

• MiG-29A

• MiG-29C

• F-15C

Gigabyte GA-Z87-UD3H | i7 4470k @ 4.5 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 @ 2.133 Ghz | GTX 1080 | LG 55" @ 4K | Cougar 1000 W | Creative X-Fi Ti | TIR5 | CH HOTAS (with BU0836X-12 Bit) + Crosswind Pedals | Win10 64 HP | X-Keys Pro 20 & Pro 54 | 2x TM MFD

oops. my bad.

No worries. It would be cool to have more flyable planes ;)

Gigabyte GA-Z87-UD3H | i7 4470k @ 4.5 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 @ 2.133 Ghz | GTX 1080 | LG 55" @ 4K | Cougar 1000 W | Creative X-Fi Ti | TIR5 | CH HOTAS (with BU0836X-12 Bit) + Crosswind Pedals | Win10 64 HP | X-Keys Pro 20 & Pro 54 | 2x TM MFD

Great news!

Finally a perfect one stop shop solution for new comers! :thumbsup:

A huge boon to the new pilots for sure... LOMAC in its current form is plain tiring to explain- and I've got a whole site dedicated to doing just that. This will ensure that many more of our nugget pilots stick with it.

Somewhere up near the top of the list of things I never thought I would say has to be "big-up Ubisoft!".

I assume Ubi is taking more than their fair share of the pie on sales, but regardless its great to hear they came to the party on this one. North America would have to be the biggest market for Lock-On and I really hope this does well.

Can't wait to see FC2 on shelves over in my neck of the woods, my old LOMAC CD's holding up just fine.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I think it's nice that you can buy it as 1 package now (if you're lucky enough to be an American of course), but I'm kinda fuzzy on some of the details:

- Un-official expansion, seriously?

- Since "Lock On: Gold" had lomac+fc1, can I assume that platinum actually has lomac+fc1+fc2, or is this just "Lock On: Gold, Redone"?

- What kind of DRM will there be, since Ubisoft has quite the fetish for that stuff?

I've got 99 problems but my Ekran ain't one

Since Ubisoft owns the publishing rights to LOMAC, any expansion unfortunately has to be called "un-official". FC is not Ubisoft's intellectual property.

(Bottom line: ED developed all of it, so un-official or not... that's official)! ;)

[sigpic]http://www.virtualthunderbirds.com/Signatures/sig_LD.jpg[/sigpic]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Corsair 750D Case | Corsair RM850i PSU | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS X CODE | 32GB Corsair DDR4 3200 |

Intel i7-8086K | Corsair Hydro H100i v2 Cooler | EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW | Oculus Rift |

X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty | Samsung SSD 970 EVO 1TB NVMe | Samsung SSD 850 EVO 1TB | WD Caviar Black 2 x 1TB |

TM HOTAS Warthog | TM Pendular Rudder | TM MFD Cougar Pack | 40" LG 1080p LED | Win10 |