AIM-7 Removed from EA list?

Still not clear to me what is all this Aim7 thing about? We already have the Aim7 in the game....:/

I mean, weapons not in the game like the 9x or JSOW needs development, and others like LGB or Amraam needs specific modes (be it FLIR or TWS), but what was holding the AIM7 back? Is anything else apart from an STT mode needed?

Just curious, don't want to be annoying, nor i am complaining if its not coming (i'm totally fine with just sidewinders and MK84 at the beginning :D)

The models are in-game yes, though no full-real module has ever used an AIM-7, so they might want to revisit those models.

Next to that, the way the aircraft 'handles' the weapon, slaves it to the radar beams etc. is also somehting that has to be developed from scratch for the hornet.

T.16000m HOTAS + Pedals || TrackIR5 ||

Win10 64bit || 120+500GB SSD, 1TB HDD || i5 4440 @3.3GHz || 16GB RAM @ 1600MHz || GTX1070 G1 ||

FCIII, L39ZA, AJS-37, Normandy '44, Persian Gulf, Channel

F/A-18C, Bf-109 K-4, WW2 Asset Pack, CA, P-47, F-16

Still not clear to me what is all this Aim7 thing about? We already have the Aim7 in the game....:/

I mean, weapons not in the game like the 9x or JSOW needs development, and others like LGB or Amraam needs specific modes (be it FLIR or TWS), but what was holding the AIM7 back? Is anything else apart from an STT mode needed?

Just curious, don't want to be annoying, nor i am complaining if its not coming (i'm totally fine with just sidewinders and MK84 at the beginning :D)

Probably they need to code the avionics to use it

Inviato dal mio ONEPLUS A5010 utilizzando Tapatalk

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽  Meta Quest Pro 🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, Virpil Alpha Grip, Virpil CM3 Throttle + Control Panel 2, Winwing Orion (Skywalker) Pedals, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

Weapons-to-airplane-systems create a rather complicated interfacing problem in reality. It is hardly plug-and-play to introduce a weapons system in an aircraft. Should the modules so far have been relaxed in realism in what comes to the employment of the Sparrow, making an in-depth simulation of it could have a few complications on the way.

Note that in terms of all-around systems modeling, classic IR sticks such as AIM-9M are relatively simple in that they are fairly self-contained.

Weapons-to-airplane-systems create a rather complicated interfacing problem in reality. It is hardly plug-and-play to introduce a weapons system in an aircraft. Should the modules so far have been relaxed in realism in what comes to the employment of the Sparrow, making an in-depth simulation of it could have a few complications on the way.

Note that in terms of all-around systems modeling, classic IR sticks such as AIM-9M are relatively simple in that they are fairly self-contained.

I know, but actually i was under the impression that when it comes to the AIM7, the modelling of it would be identical to how its now in the F15. So, it just requires a hard lock and maintaining such lock during the entire flight of the missile.

Maybe i was oversimplifying and some parameters could even be selected from a DSMS (similar to the A10 and the different weapon employment option: fuze, alt,etc) or similar in the case of the AIM7 and the hornet, which requires a codding more complex that what we already have in the eagle.

Also, there certainly is stuff that is not directly visible to the pilot, things like illumination performance of the onboard radar, radar mode limitations, behavior when intermittently dropping out and such, themselves depending on various factors. To me, FC models of the weapons don't only appear simplified, but very simplified indeed (though it has been some time since I last played around with these, so I might be lagging behind the time). Building them weapons in-depth when they first appear in study level module would certainly be a good investment for the next ones in the pipeline.

I must disclaim that I don't know the slightest of the AIM-7 in specific but only what I briefly read from the www. Simply comparing it to the other munitions I know or can relate some practicalities to. :)

Edited by AKarhu

Also, there certainly is stuff that is not directly visible to the pilot

I think the current AIM-7 is more of an: I can aim for the target EXCEPT if these radar rules don't apply.

New AIM-7 will actually respond to an illuminated target from the Hornet's radar bombarding it.

On that subject, the radar is going from: i can see this target unless my radar cone isn't alligned, to: Radar is actually throwing rays out there and listening for the bouncebacks.

I think the above is what I interpreted from previous posts I've read so far, do correct me if I'm spouting ignorant garbage :megalol:

Win10 64bit || 120+500GB SSD, 1TB HDD || i5 4440 @3.3GHz || 16GB RAM @ 1600MHz || GTX1070 G1 ||

In related news some of the YouTubers with early access are reporting AIM120B as useable too. I wonder if it actually works with STT mode or if they're just reading off the planned weapons list...

Doesn't make any sense to have just 120B and not C, as far as DCS is concerned the only difference is slightly different kinematics. Maybe they updated the flight model of missiles and only had time to change the 120B, which would give it far greater performance than the current C in game until the C is updated... one can dream.

Doesn't make any sense to have just 120B and not C, as far as DCS is concerned the only difference is slightly different kinematics. Maybe they updated the flight model of missiles and only had time to change the 120B, which would give it far greater performance than the current C in game until the C is updated... one can dream.

I found it curious too. Currently I'm just viewing it as an artefact of the module being in an unfinished state. Will believe AMRAAMs on the Hornet when I see em!

I found it curious too. Currently I'm just viewing it as an artefact of the module being in an unfinished state. Will believe AMRAAMs on the Hornet when I see em!

This +1, like in my previous post in this thread I believe they're just seeing this because they've got a raw version of the dev build that holds the Hornet. They're updating the Early Access ordanance list as they go, so if they're trying and testing the AIM-120B, that doesn't mean nothing until we see it on the EA list.

I really do hope Aim7M sparrows make it into EA.

because otherwise the Hornet will basically jsut be a Heater spammer?

Ouch.

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

Yeah. Mind you the Sparrow in its current DCS form doesn't make a huge improvement on the all winder loadout. I sometimes feel like I could file my taxes in the time it takes for that thing to traverse a 5nm slant range... God help you if it's a tail chase ;-p

Edited by Boogieman

One thing I really hope ED does as part of the ongoing development of the hornet is take a look at the air-to-air missiles as they really do need some attention.

The way I see it is that it's impossible (fiscally) for them to make improvements on all wishes on the forum. Making actual modules like the Hornet gives them an opportunity to take a look at everything related to the module. For the Hornet so far, it's been improved carrier physics and trapping/launching. I hope that after early access they have the opportunity to take a look at what you just described. :)

disclaimer: I'm not versed in what is supposedly wrong with the missiles and why, but there are dedicated threads for that discussion.

One thing I really hope ED does as part of the ongoing development of the hornet is take a look at the air-to-air missiles as they really do need some attention.

I am pretty sure they are already doing that, I forget if it was in a newsletter or Wags end of year thread.. or during a livestream but I know they are looking at them. They just have so much on their plate atm.

5900X - 32 GB 3600 RAM - 1080TI

My Twitch Channel

~Moo

+1

I hope this doesnt mean that development ran into problems and that Hornet will miss the May 31st deadline.

What May 31st Deadline?

Spring 2018 in Northern Hemisphere began on

Tuesday, March 20 and ends on Thursday, June 21...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

At what point will the EA list stop changing? It seems rather unethical to silently change the features available after having sold pre-purchases. Perhaps be more open that something was removed from EA.

“ALPHA” ACCESS.

Not beta. Not release. ALPHA. That means they can change just about whatever they want for testing purposes. There’s nothing unethical about it in the least. If you find this objectionable perhaps in the future you should wait for the. ETA or release versions before purchasing.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

“ALPHA” ACCESS.

Not beta. Not release. ALPHA. That means they can change just about whatever they want for testing purposes. There’s nothing unethical about it in the least. If you find this objectionable perhaps in the future you should wait for the. ETA or release versions before purchasing.

SPOT ON!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

What May 31st Deadline?

Spring 2018 in Northern Hemisphere began on

Tuesday, March 20 and ends on Thursday, June 21...

have you seen this ? i dont know if this is legit but it seems to be the current belief. Confirmation here would be swell!

Screenshot_20180508-222533.thumb.jpg.7bcc4a58564b55e16dabca4f0c2e6be8.jpg

have you seen this ? i dont know if this is legit but it seems to be the current belief. Confirmation here would be swell!

Very OT, but yes, Hornet has been confirmed for this month (there's just been a FB post about it).