Welcome Hornet!!!

badaboom

People lost their marbles when a module was released early without a fully written manual. I don't know about you all, but I never even read the manuals.

Now that is just blasphemy I tell ya!

Man if I had a nickel for every hour I spent studying the KA-50 Manual... even ordered the printed version. Great bathroom reading LOL.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

nice

yea swiss ( and spanish hornets) with those new electronics are comparable to ones on the Block 1 SH. ( left and right LCD displays and the UFCD replacing the physical keypad)

Its interesting why the USN still has those Archaic CRT Monochrome Green displays, whiist many major horent users upgraded thier electronics more extensively. Especially considering the huge Budget of the US military overall. Even us cancuks with our meager military budgets gave our CF18s Colour LCD displays during 2000s MLU. Considering USN and USMC Hornets are still going to be in service up until at least 2025, It would have seemed logical and a worthwhile to include them along with the HMCS, 9x, and new AMPCD updates in early - mid 2000s. I mean what happens when the CRT's break? do they need to pull out the old bluprints and give a contractor to specs to start manufacturing CRts again? ( assuming theyd run out of any spare replacements from storage). CRT displays are about as obsolete as the VCR players.

USAF F16C's also have CRT swapped out for LCD's. The USN only ever replaced the bottom MPCD which is used for Navigation/ Moving map to the AMPCD ( Color capable LCD's) on their legacy hornets. :/

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

People lost their marbles when a module was released early without a fully written manual. I don't know about you all, but I never even read the manuals. Explains why I'm such a crappy virtual pilot, but I probably take this game less seriously than I should.

I would love to get my hands on the FA-18 in its current state. I don't care what is finished or finalized. I'd take something untextured that could only fly and do nothing else. But it seems many on here would rather wait based on past releases, which is perfectly fine, but definitely not in line with my thinking.

On the subject of manuals, I guess they aren't released until the dlc is live? I'd love to get my hands on it early so I'd be able to know how to handle the hornet once it's available.

It looked like the Thrustmaster booth were using the TM Warthog HOTAS with the Hornet sim. Do you think that means:

A) The TM Hornet HOTAS will be released after the sim is available;

B) Thrustmaster know they have a long time before the sim is released; or

C) TM are contractually bound to not exhibit the new HOTAS until the sim launches?

Modules: [A-10C] [AJS 37] [AV8B N/A] [F-5E] [F-14] [F/A-18C] [FC3] [Ka-50] [M-2000C] [Mig-21 bis] [NTTR] [PG] [SC]

Intel i7-12700F, Nvidia GTX 3080, MSI MPG Z690 Carbon WiFi, 32GB DDR4 @ 1600 MHz, SteelSeries Apex Pro, Razer Basilisk 3

VKB Gunfighter 3 w/ F-14 grip, Thrustmaster Warthog throttle, Thrustmaster MFD Cougars x2, MFG Crosswind,

DSD Flight Series button controller, XK-24, Oculus Rift (HM-A)

On the subject of manuals, I guess they aren't released until the dlc is live? I'd love to get my hands on it early so I'd be able to know how to handle the hornet once it's available.

It looked like the Thrustmaster booth were using the TM Warthog HOTAS with the Hornet sim. Do you think that means:

A) The TM Hornet HOTAS will be released after the sim is available;

B) Thrustmaster know they have a long time before the sim is released; or

C) TM are contractually bound to not exhibit the new HOTAS until the sim launches?

TM hasn't said anything about a full HOTAS system for the Hornet. Just a replica stick "add-on" that attaches to the Warthog base.

In terms of what that means for release is hard to say. They had the stick there on display but not in use, or even to touch. I really doubt TM's release of the stick will determine ED's. Maybe look back and see how the Warthog HOTAS release was handled to get a better idea, but even then that was a full HOTAS setup and I'm pretty sure the first of it's kind so I'm not sure thats even a good indicator.

As with all the speculation around the Hornet it's a crapshoot.

nice

yea swiss ( and spanish hornets) with those new electronics are comparable to ones on the Block 1 SH. ( left and right LCD displays and the UFCD replacing the physical keypad)

Its interesting why the USN still has those Archaic CRT Monochrome Green displays, whiist many major horent users upgraded thier electronics more extensivly. Even us cancuks with our meager military investments gave our CF18s Colour LCD displays during 2000s MLU. Cosndiering USN and USMC Hornets are still going to be in service up until at least 2025, It would have seemed Logical and a Worthwhile to include them along with the HMCS, 9x, and new MPCD updates in early - mid 2000s. I mean what happens when the CRT's break? do they need to pull out the old bluprints and give a contractor to specs to start manufacturing CRts again? ( assuming theyd run out of any spare replacements from storage). CRT displays are about as obsolete as the VCR players.

USAF F16C's also have CRT swapped out for LCD's. The USN only ever upgraded the botton MPCD which is used for Navigation/ Moving map to LCD's on their legacy hornets. :/

I think the Marines C+ are having new displays but I was not able to get picture of the new upgrade.

Looking forward to the Hornet but I'm concerned that it is still going to be a fairly long wait.

We've seen nothing of the much anticipated A/G radar capabilities which is a major component of the F-18C. You would think there would have been a hint or glimpse of this at E3 or somewhere.

I think those looking for a timely release will be disappointed.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 10700K OC 5.1GHZ / 500GB SSD & 1TB M:2 & 4TB HDD / MSI Gaming MB / GTX 1080 / 32GB RAM / Win 10 / TrackIR 4 Pro / CH Pedals / TM Warthog

Looking forward to the Hornet but I'm concerned that it is still going to be a fairly long wait.

We've seen nothing of the much anticipated A/G radar capabilities which is a major component of the F-18C. You would think there would have been a hint or glimpse of this at E3 or somewhere.

In the Chit-Chat thread, someone posted an old screenshot of what it was at least supposed to look like. I think it was an in-game render. I'll see if I can find it....

Edit:

This is a little over two years old now so it definitely isn't representative of the final product, but for those of you who haven't seen it, here is a taste of the F/A-18C ground radar.

DBS-radar.jpg

Edited by Max_Rogue

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Throws money at screen....... *wipes small tear away*

You not seen what happened at the Devolver Digital E3 conference... Blood everywhere...:megalol:

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

• ED Team

Olgerd stated it hadnt been added to the Hornet systems yet for the E3 build, but they had shown in game shots of their A/G radar some time ago.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

TM hasn't said anything about a full HOTAS system for the Hornet. Just a replica stick "add-on" that attaches to the Warthog base.

In terms of what that means for release is hard to say. They had the stick there on display but not in use, or even to touch. I really doubt TM's release of the stick will determine ED's. Maybe look back and see how the Warthog HOTAS release was handled to get a better idea, but even then that was a full HOTAS setup and I'm pretty sure the first of it's kind so I'm not sure thats even a good indicator.

As with all the speculation around the Hornet it's a crapshoot.

Ah, thanks for the correction Mad Max, pleasant surprise for me that I can convert my Warthog HOTAS with just a stick add-on.

You're right about the speculation as well of course. ED seem to have been very professional about keeping the date under wraps as well as any indicators thereof, and that suggests that we will get a product worth waiting for, whenever it is released.

Modules: [A-10C] [AJS 37] [AV8B N/A] [F-5E] [F-14] [F/A-18C] [FC3] [Ka-50] [M-2000C] [Mig-21 bis] [NTTR] [PG] [SC]

Intel i7-12700F, Nvidia GTX 3080, MSI MPG Z690 Carbon WiFi, 32GB DDR4 @ 1600 MHz, SteelSeries Apex Pro, Razer Basilisk 3

VKB Gunfighter 3 w/ F-14 grip, Thrustmaster Warthog throttle, Thrustmaster MFD Cougars x2, MFG Crosswind,

DSD Flight Series button controller, XK-24, Oculus Rift (HM-A)

"Nothing important happened today" :book:

My Flight Sim YouTube Channel Win10 x64 Pro • i7 7700k (delided) • Gainward Phoenix 1080 GLH • 32Gb RAM G.Skill Ripjaws IV 2400 • Asus ROG Maximus IX Hero • Creative Sound Blaster Z • Samsung 850 Pro Evo 500Go • WD Velociraptor 1To • Seagate Barracuda 4To • Seasonic Prime Titanium 750w • Phanteks PH-TC14PE /TM Hotas Warthog /Vkb T-Rudder Pedals Mk.IV /Track iR 5 & Traclip Pro

Olgerd stated it hadnt been added to the Hornet systems yet for the E3 build, but they had shown in game shots of their A/G radar some time ago.

OK then, hopefully some good news shortly with regard to the A/G radar up and running. :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 10700K OC 5.1GHZ / 500GB SSD & 1TB M:2 & 4TB HDD / MSI Gaming MB / GTX 1080 / 32GB RAM / Win 10 / TrackIR 4 Pro / CH Pedals / TM Warthog

I'm absolutely excited like everyone else here about the upcoming Hornet.

Pls ED, just let me put one wish regarding engine controllabilty here:

---->>> Pls make the Twin Engine thrust Management as easy as Belsimtek did with the F5. Easy twin engine handling for Joystick users with only one thrust Lever <<<<-----

Thanks ! ;-)

-

Intel I7 - 10700 K @ 3,80GHz / 64 GB DDR3 / RTX 3090 / Win 10 Home 64 bit / Logitech X56 HOTAS / HP Reverb G2  

Running DCS on latest OB version 

• 11 months later...