rsvnpilot:s F-4E Phantom

Hawkeye60

Presenting,

rsvnpilot:s F-4E Phantom for DCS 2.5.1

This mod is overhaul of the mod found here.

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/495987/

It no longer worked.

Model and skins by TOMCAT

This mod was re-done By Eric and Patrick Cuesta

with encouragement by me......

We trust we have done your Model justice!

Please note,

To make this work, you must copy the Bin folder from the FC3 folder to the F-4e folder.

Have fun!

The WW II ADC Team

F-4.jpg

F-4b.jpg

F-4c.jpg

F-4d.jpg

F-4e.jpg

F-4eb.jpg

F-4ec.jpg

https://www.dropbox.com/s/drzh59ivkgszul3/F-4E%20Phantom%20%20DCS%202.5.1.zip?dl=0

• Like 1

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

Nice work all envolved,

the custom pit's is sweet, a bit on the dark side though, and she like to pull wheelie at the slightest bump (tail heavy)

but what a bomb truck she is :D will tied us over until the full module arrives some day

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Modules are like Pokemon you gotta catch 'em all :joystick::lol::pilotfly:

AMD Ryzen7 3700x, G-Skills 32Gb RAM @ 3200Mhz, MSI GTX1080Ti, TM Warthog (20cm extension by Sahaj), MFG Crosswind Pedals, Oculus Rift, Track Ir5

Any chance of a template for skin makers? smile.gif

All the files that was available in the original mod are included.

You may be able to edit the texture files to change the livery.

Patrick did this for the Liveries we have now.

If you are successful, please post links here for all.

Hope this helps.

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

A couple of small problems with this model.

There is a residual German number skin showing up on the Starboard rear airframe, quite large so you can't not see it.

The yellow Formation strips are a bit of a mess, the aircraft would look much better if you just removed those and left the painted versions that are already on all of the skins.

Because this is such an old Tomcatz model you cannot remove those using the usual empty.dds file system in the lua, it will have to be done in the edm.

A couple of small problems with this model.

There is a residual German number skin showing up on the Starboard rear airframe, quite large so you can't not see it.

The yellow Formation strips are a bit of a mess, the aircraft would look much better if you just removed those and left the painted versions that are already on all of the skins.

Because this is such an old Tomcatz model you cannot remove those using the usual empty.dds file system in the lua, it will have to be done in the edm.

Unfortunately, we do not have the max file and without it, not much can be done.

We would need to make our own aircraft from scratch...........

I am impressed with what Patrick and Eric have done here!

Before they worked their magic, the aircraft would spawn 3 feet above ground! This could not be fixed easily.

So,

Brave Guys!

It MUST be magic..............:D

I'm not finding my FC-3 Bin folder. I have purchased FC3, a search brings up many locations for where FC3 folders are in aircraft such as the F-15. Am I right in thinking it has been ovewritten as the game has progressed and would I need to re-install FC-3. Which may involve much faffing about. I did select a bin from one of the relevant aircraft but that did not work properly. Any steer in the right direction appreciated - no rush.

Or could anyone please, put a copy of the bin in the thread?

Edited by flyingscotsman
thought of addition

• 10 months later...

The password requirement has been removed.

Thanks to the whole team, Hawkeye :) .. it works fine on my 2.5.4 OB

QsqU1i1.jpg

Cheers!

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

And I cant get into the cockpit...

Did you copy onto it the Bin folder of Flamming Cliffs?

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

I don't have the actual FC3, but I have all the aircraft...but this means I don't have the "FC3" folder.

I do have each plane's "bin" file though. They all look the same (6 entries) except for the part of .lua titles with the aircraft name in it...

How do I get in the cockpit? I can see the model in-flight (it looks great btw) but would like to fly it.

TIA

Is that mod with F-4 own cockpit?

This Mod has a custom cockpit .. but it doesnt look like an F-4E cockpit to me .. honestly I would have prefered a Mod that makes use of the A-10A cockpit, like other VSN's mods. Here are some images to show you how it looks:

M7SHrTu.jpg

jY4bQoB.jpg

9IpDCCS.jpg

xhgPLpL.jpg

F1iVghl.jpg

I don't have the actual FC3, but I have all the aircraft...but this means I don't have the "FC3" folder. How do I get in the cockpit? I can see the model in-flight (it looks great btw) but would like to fly it.

I dont know, perhaps you can contact the Mod's author and ask his advice.

Best regards,

Eduardo

Howdy,

I have installed and am flying around in this great F4. However when I map the controls, and see the avionics it thinks it is an su25T. I thought its supposed to emulate the su33? I have copied over the bin per instructions. Any guidance appreciated. Thanks!

Los