How to get wingman to hold position

Rangoon

When I give the command "Hold Position" to my wingman, he climbs and starts orbiting (Ka-50). He's extremely exposed this way, which is the opposite of what I'm after. What I expect him to do is to stay put, either maintain altitude from where he was, or possibly get lower to hunker down behind cover/concealment. How do I get the behavior I'm after?

For what I know you can't. The way "hold position" is implemented is basically towards fixed wings, circling around the vicinity of the holding point. Have always been like that, been criticized before but never corrected by the devs. Like other bad habits of helicopter AI behaviors.

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

Ka-50 flight member hold position command used to work. It was built specifically for the Ka-50 and not for airplanes. It existed before DCS World was even invented.

It has been broken for a long time.

I could have sworn I remembered this working in the past...even if it was years ago.

Yes, it used to work. Then when you told them to hold position the buggy behavior was they would slowly drift in a straight line. This circling behavior is new to me.
It's been like that for very long. I don't remember it have ever worked, but I seldom bothered about my wingmen in the early days, that's most likely why I don't remember.

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5