MiGFlug attendees?

http://www.migflug.com/en

I've been talking to the personnel about booking a flight. I searched, and nothing came up on our forums, which I thought absolutely bizarre, as this is EXACTLY the sort of thing people go nuts for.

Anybody here flown with them before, just out of curiosity? If I proceed with the booking, any special requests? I'll pretty much have unfettered access to a L-39 and be allowed to crawl all over the damn thing, so if you want to see any specific parts of it, let me know below and I'll try to accommodate. If I go ahead with this (let's be honest, we all know I'm going to lol), it'll probably be later this year after it cools down a little, probably the range of October.

Pre-emptive answers to expected questions :

1. MiGFlug is most famous for an agreement they made with the Russian MoD to let people fly in two-seat MiG-29UBs out of Nizhny Novgorod. I believe it started as a way to get flight hours for their pilots, before morphing into a full blown tourist attraction. Sadly, the MiG-29 flights were terminated this year by the MoD without explanation (though we can all guess the probable reason)

2. MiGFlug has terminals all over the world. Look for one near you.

3. MiGFlug has a long list of available aircraft you can take rides in, it just depends on what is in your area, or your willingness to travel.

4. Cost varies considerably. Flights are 30-60 minutes in duration, depending on the package you purchase. A flight on a L-39, which is the most accessible aircraft they have, starts at $2400 and goes to $3500, plus any "accessories" you purchase (certificates, videos, blah blah). The MiG-29 flights started at around $15,000.

5. Flight is tailored to each person, depending on what they want to do, up to and including extensive aerobatics. The guest is overseen by an experienced pilot, typically ex-military. The guest is provided an opportunity to control the aircraft, and depending on their capability (i.e. how much your pilot trusts you not to kill you both) may be allowed to perform aerobatics also.

6. The cost includes several hours of preparation, briefing, planning with the pilot, and so forth, also all equipment you need like helmet, g-suit, etc.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

Have fun if you do it! And (obviously) do some serious practice in DCS beforehand!

(I haven't done it, I'm just throwing some encouragement your way)

Edited by kolga

"Long life It is a waste not to notice that it is not noticed that it is milk in the title." Amazon.co.jp review for milk translated from Japanese

"Amidst the blue skies, A link from past to future. The sheltering wings of the protector..." - ACE COMBAT 4

"Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight"-Psalm 144:1 KJV

i5-4430 at 3.00GHz, 8GB RAM, GTX 1060 FE, Windows 7 x64