Sound in some helos wrong

Some sounds in helos seem wrong to me. I am no expert. I am not a pilot. But, while in the USAF, I had the honor of flying a lot al over in different aircraft. Take the helos, the sound seems wrong in sims. The Huey maybe a good example because of the 2 long blades and turbines create a very distinctive sound. Actually several very distinctive sounds. Inside and out the helo.

Everyone is familiar with the very heavy eggbeater sound of the long blades whipping the air into submission. Insides, it is not so much and the beating, but the turbines are excruciatingly loud! Outsides the doppler sound effects of the blades whipping as it passes by.

In the sim, the blades whipping seem to be more pronounced then they Should be , instead of those turbines.

In a small passenger jet, more commonly, Lear Jet, the turbines purr through the sound deadening materials so that the important VIP's can relax inside the carpet, sofas, chairs, etc.

In a multi-blade helo, the whipping is different because of more blades, with a different whipping, or multi-blades whipping, but that get very difficult to explain.

The blades can actually reach the pint of the doppler plus the point of the sound barrier. But, that' way beyond me.

It is mostly that the sound seem reversed, inside outside. Plus, I don't have a killer sound system, I really don't want one, it's to much for my old beat up ears and body.

IMHO

For those most part the software guys and engineers to a great job, but these sound issues could probably be fixed easier, because they can be adjusted and moved around by the powers that be.

IMHO

:joystick:

ASUS Strix Z790-H, i9-13900, WartHog HOTAS and MFG Crosswind

G.Skill 64 GB Ram, 2TB SSD

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

55" Sony OLED TV, Oculus VR

The sound in the UH-1H is very different when sitting in the back, next to the main transmission and close to the engine, compared to sitting in the front where the sound is very close to what you hear in DCS.

The Left/Right gunner positions could benefit from a change to the sounds as you've described.

- Bear

Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty.

- Robert A. Heinlein