Limited Options in Two Maps

NavyAce

Hi,

I thought I'd let you know about a quirk I have discovered (perhaps reported to you already by others) after having installed my new P-47D to my new v 2.5.6 of DCS World. I have three maps installed, the default Caucasus plus my purchased Normandy and Nevada Test Range modules. I like to do Cold and Dark starts withy an authentic checklist for maximum realism but I have found that when I select the P-47D and then try the latter two maps they only give three options, one being free flight and the other two being pre scripted missions. When I try my other aircraft, the P-51D and the Spit IX, these have the full range of options in all three maps. Is this some sort of bug that has to be fixed, or is it maybe something that is going to be added later on? Thanks for your kind attention.

NavyAce

if you are talking about the stock missions then yeah it might be a while to see them. My suggestion would be to watch a good video about the mission editor and just build your own.

For example: Build along with this series...

ASUS Tuf Gaming Pro x570 / AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @ 3.8 / XFX Radeon 6900 XT / 64 GB DDR4 3200 

"This was not in the Manual I did not read", cried the Noob" - BMBM, WWIIOL

Hi doom,

Thanks for responding so quickly. I was talking about not having a Cold and Dark start as an option in my two purchased maps where the P-47D is concerned. Was the P-47D module built so it was incompatible with the Normandy and Nevada maps as far as the CaD option was concerned? I ask this because both of my other two planes have this option in all three maps.

NavyAce

Yes they're all missions. P-47 being new and still work-in-progress module just has a handful of them published, compared to other, older warbirds.

Building your own simple cold and dark mission is a 3 minute job in the editor, one you know the basics of it. The video guide linked to above is rather thorough, but I'd still recommend watching it just to get the bullet points.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.