P-47 "quiet" engine

Peq

Glad there is another thread on p47 engine nosie. For me when taxiing with hear like in helmet on I can hear the tire noise over the engine sounds, plus other aircraft are actually louder than the p47 that I am sat in!

​​​​​​

​​

• Like 1

RTX 2080ti, I7 9700k, 32gb ram, SSD, Samsung Odyssey VR, MSFFB2, T-50 Throttle, Thrustmaster Rudder Pedals

• 2 weeks later...

Thumbs up to BTD for tweaked engine and propeller sounds in today's OB update. Especially at open-cockpit, low-power settings. Now startups, runup checks and taxiing sound much more satisfying (though one could argue that default tyre noise level might still be a bit too loud).

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

• 5 weeks later...

I ran into a series of P-47 helmet cams a while back: 

Note: I believe these planes do not have working turbo's so these would be with the full exhaust open. 

The thing to note is just how much of everything else you can hear, at least when the mike isn't in the slipstream: that waxes any other sounds, but you can easily hear him fiddling with the controls flipping switches, and the canopy thunk when it closes. 

I actually find them kind of soothing to listen too... 

Edited by Voyager