Syrian Air Defence Network 2012 full + bonus content

Thanks a lot for sharing this, with the Map just released ... I will be toying with them over the next few days :thumbup:

Update: I tried all three of your templates and they work perfectly, on my mid-range PC they don't have a significant performance impact. I renamed them a bit to conform to my naming standard (important, as the StaticTemplate folder doesn't allow subfolders for organization:

yPnl0sv.jpg

Pity that ED never took my suggestion for a Templates category on their User Files repository: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=244035 :(

Best regards.

How do you load the templates? I can not find the folder to put them in.

Cheers

EDIT: I think I found the answer Need to learn to read :book: :doh:

.MIZ files goes onto /saved games/dcs/missions/

.STL files goes onto /saved games/dcs/StaticTemplate/

if the missions and StaticTemplate folders don't exist, create them using windows file management.

Chime in if I am wrong.

Edited by mrmat01

Ok dumb Questions

What is a .stm file ?

I know the .miz is a mission file

SyADF2012.miz

SyADF2012.stm ??

Which one is the template file that goes into ?

/saved games/dcs/StaticTemplate/

I don't have a .STL in the download SyADF2012.zip

Edited by mrmat01

I hope you enjoy, some of it took a very long time and other parts I rushed through, So I'm not intending to support it, what you see is what you get. It should be enough to tide you over until your've written your own scenarios.

Thats it? 900 SAMs, A Carrier and a Baby Carrier (No Statics on EITHER One...) Some Support Aircraft outta Incirlik and a working Mission to build on? OH and no support?

<SIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGH> OK...It'll have to do.

Seriously Pikey Out of the Park Brother! Thank you very much for doing this for the group!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

Thanks all for your kind words, sharing was the easiest part :)

Some comments.

SA-6 3 TEL or 4 TEL. I'll accept that we see 4 launchers more often than 3. However, standardising is not a simple matter. Mostly these sites are garaged/bunkered with nothing visible on satellite so most guesses are in play.

SA-3 (4-tel). Well this I want to semi disagree with because you can see it on the satellite imagery. Sometimes. I attached a picture of a SA-3 in a Hex configuration with two missile per tel. The comments allude to a "SA-2 configuration" and 4 launchers. This is how I dated his analysis at 2012 because it was 4 TEL's from 2008-2017 and subsequently from 2017 all 6 TEL's were added. Whats the point? None really, standardisation isn't huge. This seemed to be an SA-2 site originally anyway! We can conclude that accuracy isnt really too important, the important part is getting the locations pretty close for what we can see so that people can attempt to thread through the sites and see the real cover available. The rest of it they can change with a delete button!

Second comment. Isn't it a shame you cannot en-masse add a launcher or delete all the SR's or basically do bulk jobs on changing these groups? So for example to edit all the SA6 to add a launch vehicle you need to filter these by name in the unit list and pick the group, select a launcher type, add a unit (which adds a launcher), then move it. About 36 times iirc. I know because I did it and its painful. But got to be easier than redoing it from scratch, right? :) Case in point... I accidentally had an SA3 launcher in an SA2 template and spent 45 minutes placing them before I noticed...

@Walder - you betcha. Your IADS is performant (I even profiled it^^) and to me saves frames overall. The concept of the template and this many installations goes hand in hand with the IADS concept. I'm sure Grimes' would have worked also, but I was testing yours at the same time and could only invest the time in one and yours should be more supportable.

@Sierra99 :)

sa3orsa2.thumb.png.9a5c7520338bcc2b3fbcd4ebf747224b.png

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

@pikey: thats a nice side effect that Skynet actually improves performance by turning off SAM AI. I saw you hand coded the dispatcher connector. Did you know there is a helper method in Skynet to connect the Moose dispatcher? It only forwards EW radars that are connected to the IADS and the ones that have a working power source. Anyway cool you used it and I plan to continue development and support for the forseable future.

@all: there might be microstutters when a unit is destroyed, because Skynet will do 810‘000 comparisons to update the network. I will optimise that part of the code so it only does 2 updates.

.MIZ files goes onto /saved games/dcs/missions/

.STL files goes onto /saved games/dcs/StaticTemplate/

if the missions and StaticTemplate folders don't exist, create them using windows file management.

Ok dumb Questions

What is a .stm file ?

There is no .STL in the download SyADF2012.zip

SyADF2012.miz

SyADF2012.stm ??

Thanks all for your kind words, sharing was the easiest part :)

Some comments.

SA-6 3 TEL or 4 TEL. I'll accept that we see 4 launchers more often than 3. However, standardising is not a simple matter. Mostly these sites are garaged/bunkered with nothing visible on satellite so most guesses are in play.

SA-3 (4-tel). Well this I want to semi disagree with because you can see it on the satellite imagery. Sometimes. I attached a picture of a SA-3 in a Hex configuration with two missile per tel. The comments allude to a "SA-2 configuration" and 4 launchers. This is how I dated his analysis at 2012 because it was 4 TEL's from 2008-2017 and subsequently from 2017 all 6 TEL's were added. Whats the point? None really, standardisation isn't huge. This seemed to be an SA-2 site originally anyway! We can conclude that accuracy isnt really too important, the important part is getting the locations pretty close for what we can see so that people can attempt to thread through the sites and see the real cover available. The rest of it they can change with a delete button!

Second comment. Isn't it a shame you cannot en-masse add a launcher or delete all the SR's or basically do bulk jobs on changing these groups? So for example to edit all the SA6 to add a launch vehicle you need to filter these by name in the unit list and pick the group, select a launcher type, add a unit (which adds a launcher), then move it. About 36 times iirc. I know because I did it and its painful. But got to be easier than redoing it from scratch, right? :) Case in point... I accidentally had an SA3 launcher in an SA2 template and spent 45 minutes placing them before I noticed...

@Walder - you betcha. Your IADS is performant (I even profiled it^^) and to me saves frames overall. The concept of the template and this many installations goes hand in hand with the IADS concept. I'm sure Grimes' would have worked also, but I was testing yours at the same time and could only invest the time in one and yours should be more supportable.

@Sierra99 :)

Old SA-3 launchers only had 2 missiles, not 4. the 4 missiles per launcher came later to the export variants then they came to the Soviet AD.

attached a photo of SA-3 from Vietnam circa 72.

full?d=1521487358

however SyAD almost always utilized SA-2 sites for SA-3 and SA-6 as well.

they also always have a reload vehicle. like you can see in the 3 o'clock and 11 o'clock dugouts in the photo you have provided :)

http://forums.eagle.ru:8080/showpost.php?p=1998351&postcount=6

Ok dumb Questions

What is a .stm file ?

There is no .STL in the download SyADF2012.zip

SyADF2012.miz

SyADF2012.stm ??

.stm goes in the static template folder.

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria

Good onya mate thanks.:thumbup:

So the ,STL was a typo & Was meant to be .STM?

Thanks again :thumbsup:

All the templates I provided are .STM and they go in the \SavedGames\DCS.openbeta\StaticTemplate\ directory

@uri_ba thats fascinating stuff dude! So we can see they have super old 1970's launchers from satellite if they are the two rail ones, right? Always love some armchair analysis, anythign you want to share I will find fascinating about this! If you have more on site configs and how the sites operated, where they reloaded from and such it woudl be really cool, I think ED want to create realistic templates of these.

@pikey: thats a nice side effect that Skynet actually improves performance by turning off SAM AI. I saw you hand coded the dispatcher connector. Did you know there is a helper method in Skynet to connect the Moose dispatcher? It only forwards EW radars that are connected to the IADS and the ones that have a working power source. Anyway cool you used it and I plan to continue development and support for the forseable future.

@all: there might be microstutters when a unit is destroyed, because Skynet will do 810‘000 comparisons to update the network. I will optimise that part of the code so it only does 2 updates.

Hey man, So I commented out the connector code after a couple of tries at 11pm the night before. What I aimed for was a more exact usage, that the GCI response area would be smaller than the SAM coverage, so that the IADS would cover the main parts of the borders, but an area inside that would catch anything that had somehow gotten through. It's a bit tailored, but that was what I was heading for.

All the templates I provided are .STM and they go in the \SavedGames\DCS.openbeta\StaticTemplate\ directory

@uri_ba thats fascinating stuff dude! So we can see they have super old 1970's launchers from satellite if they are the two rail ones, right? Always love some armchair analysis, anythign you want to share I will find fascinating about this! If you have more on site configs and how the sites operated, where they reloaded from and such it woudl be really cool, I think ED want to create realistic templates of these.

Thank you sir.:thumbup:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Looks great, Moose! One question, when I try opening the missions with the scramble fighters setup, I run into the issue of it saying I need the TF-51, which I don't have installed.

Is there a way to get the mission without that?

Thanks!

the TF-51 is the free plane that comes with DCS, not sure why you woudlnt have access to it or how you can even uninstall it, but if my memory serves correctly, there was an old bug about this. I'd suggest troubleshooting that bug, the miz doesnt require additional DLC.

I've been considering an update for a very long time. I originally said I wouldn't edit this but there are two compelling reasons to, especially since I have used my own templates so well, since I made them, in whole or in part for missions or training.

1) A chap approached me with adidtional helpful information about the Incirlik Patriot site and layout. We nerded for ages on the topic but the outcome would have been a realistic attempt to template the Incirlik site, especially the Patriot battery in all its various configurations over the years, but additonally with the point defence Rapier sets which surround the site. I balked originally at the effort vs reward because the site wouldnt have any substantial differences in its capability in DCS and would add a small load with new unit types.

2) The new Desert skins. Holy crap... this would not be a simple task. The fastest way to swap all the green for Desert liveries post that release would be programmatically in the file. And I'm a bit tired of doing that with the sim, what with all the testing I already do, running a small group and finding time to actually fly.

No guarantees but I'm warming to an overhaul consisting of those changes, but not quite yet because I've alot on my plate and I need energy and time to go through 900 units :/