Has Deka decided yet? What's their next module?

To break the mold a bit, I'd actually prefer Q-5 or J-8. But if it proves to be possible indeed, I'd love a Su-30MKK too anyway.

I still actually want a late J-7 the most, but it doesn't seem to be among the options, maybe as the next-next 😛

In any case though, thank you Deka for JF-17 and still planning on giving us high quality red-jets!

• Like 2

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

Uh? A nice red attacker with decent payload, and probably decent flight characteristics given its MiG-19 pedigree. Why not? It is more interesting than J-8 in my opinion, which would be just another fighter, and not even a particularly interesting one at that. There's no dedicated attacker from that side of the fence right now after all.

• Like 6

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

17 hours ago, uboats said:

IMO, there's no highlight of Q-5.

then I guess you have no plans or at least you have not started for a 2nd FF aircraft 😕

Asus Prime Z-370-A

Intel core I7-8700K 3.70Ghz

Ram g.skill f4-3200c16d 32gb

Evga rtx 2070

Ssd samgung 960 evo m.2 500gb

Syria, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Normandy 1944

Combined Arms

A-10C, Mirage-2000C, F-16C, FC3

Spitfire LF Mk. IX

UH-1H, Gazelle

DCS is a valuable flight simulator that allows you to fight with modern jet fighters. However, the current situation is that most of the jets are fourth-generation jets from the Blue side, and there are very few aircraft from the Red side, which is a great shame.
There is no doubt that what is needed now is a fourth generation jet fighter from the Red side. The Su-30MKK will definitely be the fighter that can meet those demands.

It is true that the Q-5 is a well-known Chinese aircraft, and I understand that there is a certain demand for it. However, I suspect that the Su-30MKK will be the preferred choice in this simulation, where the majority of players fly aircraft like the F/A-18C and F-16CM.

I think realizing the development of the Su-30MKK will bring DEKA more development funds, and the Q-5 may be a good challenge then.

Personally, I'm also interested in the H-6. The first large aircraft in the DCS...

Edited by Admiral_ZIPANGU
  • Like 5

Phantom Forever

F-4EJ / F-4EJ Kai 1971-2021

Sorry, I don't speak English, so I use DeepL Translate. Well, I can speak Japanese.

I, for one, am getting pretty sick of most of the recent modules being 4th gen, or even 4+, and want a return to 70s-80s-early 90s modules a lot. I also believe that period is the most sensible to make, for it is where there can be possibility of a proper blue vs red set up with some parity. DCS is a valuable flight simulator that allows me to fight with 60s-90s jets, uniquely. The trend started with F-4E getting canned for an 2000s F-16C continues. Some of us wish it wasn't quite so. Oh well, I suppose it is a lot less one sided than I made it sound like here. We are still getting things like Hind, Mirage F-1, F-8, A-7 etc. And to be fair, in case of a proper red jet, I honestly would love a good 4 or 4++ jet, so I too would love Su-30MKK.

I guess I just wanted to voice that despite many "give the most modern plz" voices, there are still some of us that would very much like more Cold War birds. But yeah, Su-30MKK is something I would look forward to honestly. At least it is not yet another F-something airborne computer carrier.

• Like 10

DCS-Dismounts Script

6 hours ago, Admiral_ZIPANGU said:

DCS is a valuable flight simulator that allows you to fight with modern jet fighters. However, the current situation is that most of the jets are fourth-generation jets from the Blue side, and there are very few aircraft from the Red side, which is a great shame.
There is no doubt that what is needed now is a fourth generation jet fighter from the Red side. The Su-30MKK will definitely be the fighter that can meet those demands.

It is true that the Q-5 is a well-known Chinese aircraft, and I understand that there is a certain demand for it. However, I suspect that the Su-30MKK will be the preferred choice in this simulation, where the majority of players fly aircraft like the F/A-18C and F-16CM.

I think realizing the development of the Su-30MKK will bring DEKA more development funds, and the Q-5 may be a good challenge then.

Personally, I'm also interested in the H-6. The first large aircraft in the DCS...

I am right there with you.  I am not all excited about late 90s generation 4+ fighters.  I want height of the Cold War fighters 70s and 80s fighters.  Back before everything was fire and forget.

• Like 6

On the other hand, there are plenty of advantages for DEKA to develop the Q-5.
DEKA's wonderful JF-17 module is an aircraft with very few analog instruments, and conversely, the Q-5 is almost entirely made up of analog instruments.
What I'm trying to say is that experiencing an analog instrument airframe with the Q-5 is a good experience for building an airframe with both analog instruments and MFD like the Su-30MKK and other airframes. One option would be to realize the development of Su-30MKK as the culmination of those experiences.

However, DEKA is not a volunteer organization, but a respectable company. I believe that their top priority is to earn a good living and to have enough funds to develop. I will respect whatever option they choose as long as it is for the sake of their satisfactory development environment.

• Like 2

Phantom Forever

Sorry, I don't speak English, so I use DeepL Translate. Well, I can speak Japanese.

5 hours ago, Teknetinium said:

Is the Su-30MK2s not a updated Su-30MKK? As J-11A was updated to J-11B? 

While the J-11B is China's own modification of the J-11A, the Su-30MK2 is Russia's official upgrade of the Su-30MKK.

Edited by Admiral_ZIPANGU

Phantom Forever

26.01.2021 в 05:49, Teknetinium сказал:

su-30-mkk-plaaf-yc-06.jpg

Can Su-30MKK use SD-10? I think Deka will be done with Su-30 faster then ED updating the ER-Family 😞 

Can Deka give the changes to the red missiles, the p27 and p77 family, because ED does not have time for this, and Deka will do it faster)? Deka deals with red missiles, ED deals with NATO.)

8 hours ago, Hoarfrost said:

Can Deka give the changes to the red missiles, the p27 and p77 family, because ED does not have time for this, and Deka will do it faster)? Deka deals with red missiles, ED deals with NATO.)

As much as I was for the idea that ED should have control over all weapons Im changing my opinion because we who fly anything els that use aim-120 have to wait for over 3 years to get heard, still waiting! And why would some of the companies give data to ED they got from actual developers. 

Best wishes Deka, if you would get a green light for a Su-30MKK I will offer my services as 3d modeler or anything else you need as videos, testing, or what ever you need help with. Our team have very dedicated and competent people. 

Edited by Teknetinium
  • Like 5

Teknetinium 2017.jpg
                        51st PVO Discord SATAC YouTube

On 1/23/2021 at 3:53 AM, uboats said:

IMO, there's no highlight of Q-5.

J-8 can also do both air to air and air to ground. However, I would not mind the Q-5 either...it does have users other than China. Since DEKA had already said, they do need a break from huge MFD centric planes, yeah...

J-8 can do secondary ground pounding and Q-5 can also do some secondary air to air...at least on Self defence. And both got cannons, which is a plus.

Both are almost retired...

-----------------------------------

j-8f-cover-compressed.jpg

Q-5 loadout.jpg

j8ii_weapons_02_large-compressed.jpg

• Like 3