[USER ERROR] NO JHMCS showing up

sobe

I loaded several Aim 9x missiles and did a quick mission. In game I armed, set to AA, loaded the 9xs and turned the HMD dial cw all the way. However, no HMD appears when I move my head. I have tried it with and without tracker but nothing appears. I went into the HMD page and made sure that normal included the standard items that appear in the HMD.

My graphic setting are generally set to medium.

What am I doing wrong?

Also, I noticed no key or axis commands are listed for the HMD and that two that I tried from other posts did not work for me.

Not a good DCS day. However, I did get the mavericks to work nicely.

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

Kayos

Yes. Otherwise the HMD page would not be in the MFD.

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

Did a repair but no joy.

backspace340

You got me excited with your suggestion so I turned off Helios and flew only on a single screen. However, still no joy.

I only bought the F-18 day before yesterday and I am still getting to grips with it. I am also a DCS newb, so please forgive me if this is considered a stupid question. I have got the startup sequence down to about 5 minutes, no warnings or BIT errors etc., have managed a carrier take off, landing (4 attempt) and brassed up a couple of Mig29s, so I am not too bad on the module, however, what do I need to do to setup JHMCS? I know where the brightness knob is, but when I turn it, I am getting nothing when looking away from the HUD like the OP. Have I missed a step somewhere, what do I need to have enabled to get it to run?

Do you run beta version of DCS?

МиГ-15бис|МиГ-19П|Л-39|МиГ-21бис|Як-52|И-16|Ми-8МТВ2|Ка-50

F/A-18|F-14|F-16C|F-86F|A-10C|AV-8B|AJS-37|M-2000C|UH-1H

FC-3|NS-430|Невада|Персидский залив|Нормандия

I only bought the F-18 day before yesterday and I am still getting to grips with it. I am also a DCS newb, so please forgive me if this is considered a stupid question. I have got the startup sequence down to about 5 minutes, no warnings or BIT errors etc., have managed a carrier take off, landing (4 attempt) and brassed up a couple of Mig29s, so I am not too bad on the module, however, what do I need to do to setup JHMCS? I know where the brightness knob is, but when I turn it, I am getting nothing when looking away from the HUD like the OP. Have I missed a step somewhere, what do I need to have enabled to get it to run?

On the menu screen immediately after starting up, what is the version number in the bottom right hand corner? It needs to say 2.5.3.23788. Updates are released to the Open Beta first so people can hunt down the bugs, the JHMCS will come to stable on the 14th mostly likely.

Make sure you don’t have any F-18 mods installed. Including the hud/screen sharpening mod. This breaks the JHMCS currently.

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

On the menu screen immediately after starting up, what is the version number in the bottom right hand corner? It needs to say 2.5.3.23788. Updates are released to the Open Beta first so people can hunt down the bugs, the JHMCS will come to stable on the 14th mostly likely.

Thanks, I will check when I get home later one. I have no idea, I thought I was running the open beta, certainly it says Beta on some of the modules......See, told you I was a DCS newb :D

OB - JHMCS works as soon as you turn the knob. No weapons or A/A mode needed. It does seem that by default the virtual pilot glances at the UFC and not HUD :)

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

Did you turn the HMD dial fully right? Its right above the spin recovery switch on the right shoulder.

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM |Virpil TCS+ AH64D grip + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

My wallpaper and skins

User error. A mod was the cause. You would think I would have checked that already after all these years. I guess idiots never learn.

Have you updated DCS World Beta yesterday evening or today? You need the Open Beta v1.5.3.23788.

I have got 2.5.3.23225 I guess that is stable, not open beta.

• 1 year later...
User error. A mod was the cause. You would think I would have checked that already after all these years. I guess idiots never learn.

have you identified the mod(s) causing the issue? i am suspecting as well a mod causing my JHMCS to disfunction from time to time. haven't been able to identify which one for sure though...wondering, if hornet skins could cause the problem, but couldn't reproduce the issue with certainty. that's why i am asking.

thanks