Operation Snowfox - Persian Gulf PvE Playground

Odd issue that just popped up. I changed some of the air defense script to reduce the amount of aircraft, changing some flights to 1 plane, and after a few mission starts the enemy aircraft don't spawn at all except for the bombers. The missions still track and persistence is working, but the network status and airfield status F10 commands also stopped working.

Great mission, I might just have to redownload, but if you can think of anything that caused this that would be great. Thanks!

Odd issue that just popped up. I changed some of the air defense script to reduce the amount of aircraft, changing some flights to 1 plane, and after a few mission starts the enemy aircraft don't spawn at all except for the bombers. The missions still track and persistence is working, but the network status and airfield status F10 commands also stopped working.

Great mission, I might just have to redownload, but if you can think of anything that caused this that would be great. Thanks!

Something caused the Moose AI A2A Dispatcher to stop running. As to the network status and airfield status radio menu commands ... no idea, it depends on what you actually changed in the scripts.

Edited by Surrexen

Hi Surrexen and thanks for this campaign..the best I've tried so far in DCS.

I have a quick question is there a way to remark out most of the missions and leave only some available to the randomizer? This is just for our crew to be able to deal with one sector at a time.

Hi Surrexen and thanks for this campaign..the best I've tried so far in DCS.

I have a quick question is there a way to remark out most of the missions and leave only some available to the randomizer? This is just for our crew to be able to deal with one sector at a time.

Glad you like it :thumbup: You could edit the script functions to do that yes. The other option would be to make it do the missions sequentially instead of random, and order the mission list in the order you want everything to happen. I just made it random because that seemed like a good idea at the time.

• 1 month later...

Really enjoy both this and Clearfield!!!

Would love a version for Syria :joystick::music_whistling:

Edited by zildac

12900KF | Maximus Hero Z690 | ASUS 4090 TUF OC | 64GB DDR5 5200 | DCS on 2TB NVMe | WarBRD+Warthog Stick | CM3 | TM TPR's | Varjo Aero

My Server keeps uncommenting out these likes each time the server starts. Is there a way to stop this from happening?

--sanitizeModule('io')

--sanitizeModule('lfs')

CPU: i9-12900K @ 4.9Ghz

M/B: MSI MEG z690 Ace

RAM: 128GB

Video Card: MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X

VR: Varjo Aero

It should only do that when your server updates.

Alternatively, ensure your server is completely shut down before editing the file. Once edited, restart the server but check the file after you edited it to ensure it "stuck". If it did not, you may not have write permissions to the files location and need to correct that as well.

My Server keeps uncommenting out these likes each time the server starts. Is there a way to stop this from happening?

--sanitizeModule('io')

--sanitizeModule('lfs')

Are you running slmod? I'd so you make those changes in one of the slmod config files instead of the normal file. The other possibility I have ran into was a Windows permissions issue.

12900K | MSI Z690 | STRIX RTX3090 | 64GB DDR4 3600MHz | NVMe Storage gen3 | Custom Loop | Valve Index

Syria conversion

Is it possible that a version could be created for the Syria map? I really enjoy both this and Clear Field from a mechanics point of view, so a version for Syria would be a huge bonus. :joystick:

12900KF | Maximus Hero Z690 | ASUS 4090 TUF OC | 64GB DDR5 5200 | DCS on 2TB NVMe | WarBRD+Warthog Stick | CM3 | TM TPR's | Varjo Aero

Is it possible that a version could be created for the Syria map? I really enjoy both this and Clear Field from a mechanics point of view, so a version for Syria would be a huge bonus. :joystick:

Thank you for your interest. I have not wanted to post anything until I knew what I wanted to say or do but here we are, the time has come.

I have had a pretty bad year personally (as many have), and as a result I am far behind in where I wanted my projects to be at.

I have been chipping away at it though in the background and after many months of trying different things Operation Secret Squirrel and Operation Jupiter have received major overhauls and will soon be re-released like I originally had planned. Also a completely re-written Operation Snowfox (called Operation Snowfox Escalation) with entirely new mechanics is going to be released "soon".

So what is different?

Firstly, the major change, no more Moose AI A2A Dispatcher. This is the main reason it has taken so long to re-write everything and find a way to make it behave the way I wanted it to behave. Secondly, nearly all AI flights will depart from their airbases from the ground instead of the air spawns that I have used up until now.

Operation Snowfox Escalation

...has an automated base capturing war going on in it alongside the usual stuff. The airbases are persistent between sessions in the same way the units and statics are. An AI general from both red and blue will dispatch transport planes and helicopters that will attempt to land at bases to take them over. As the mission goes deeper, the mission will escalate further, and the red AI general will dispatch strike planes to try to clear targets ahead of the transport. Al Dhafra and Al Minhad are the primary bases of operation so the flights will be somewhat longer, and the carrier will be on the Eastern side instead of the Western side of the peninsula (it is the supercarrier, not the Stennis incase you want to know).

Operation Crystal Sea

...is the mission I am working on for the Channel map. It is at the same point right now as Operation Jupiter and Secret Squirrel, which is just fine tuning some of the recent changes I have made. Once I have finalised these changes, it will be released alongside Jupiter/Squirrel.

Yes yes blah blah blah what about Syria?

Operation Scarlet Dawn

...has been in the oven since the map released. It will use the same mechanics as Operation Snowfox Escalation. I am kind of hoping that the SA-5, and Mavericks/Harms for the Viper come out this month before I let it out the door, but we'll have to see what happens there.

So there you go. :pilotfly:

• Like 1

Sounding brilliant Surrexen, I can't wait to try the new mechanics out. Well done mate, hope all is well.

Cheers!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

W10 Home 64Bit, Intel Skylake I5 6600K 3.50GHz, ASUS ROG Stryx Z270F MoBo, 32GB G.Skill RipJaws V DDR4 3200 RAM, Samsung 960 Pro 512GB M.2 SSD (OS), Samsung 850 Pro 512GB SSD, 2TB Seagate SDHD, 2TB WD Green HDD, GALAX GTX GeForce 1070 EXOC Sniper White 8GB VRAM

That is fantastic news on all fronts! Thank you so much for the detailed update Surrexen, I'm looking forward to all of them!!

• 2 weeks later...

Just stumbled upon a server running Snowfox escalation, it's great!!

Looking forward to the general public release :music_whistling:

Just stumbled upon a server running Snowfox escalation, it's great!!

Looking forward to the general public release :music_whistling:

That would be JustDude's server. The secondary server is running the pre-release test version of Operation Scarlet Dawn (Syria).

The version of Snowfox Escalation is not the correct version though, it's a mish-mash and is soon to be replaced with the correct pre-release test version of Escalation.

There is one final system I am currently working on which will plug into both maps. It's getting very close to being done.

Edited by Surrexen

That would be JustDude's server. The secondary server is running the pre-release test version of Operation Scarlet Dawn (Syria).

The version of Snowfox Escalation is not the correct version though, it's a mish-mash and is soon to be replaced with the correct pre-release test version of Escalation.

There is one final system I am currently working on which will plug into both maps. It's getting very close to being done.

It is indeed :thumbup: Understood, it's still good though. Guess I'll be visiting his other server this afternoon :pilotfly:

Looking forward to it, and thanks again for all your work :thumbup:

• 3 weeks later...

Any news on the Escalation update! I just got my network set up for server hosting and this Snowfox seems like a great deal of fun for when my friends and I want to fly together. Thanks for all your hard work!

i7-7700K @ 5.2Ghz

SLI 1080Ti

64GB GSkill Trident Z RGB 4133

Asus Maximus IX Extreme

Custom Water Cooling Loop

TM Warthog/ MFG Crosswind

Any news on the Escalation update! I just got my network set up for server hosting and this Snowfox seems like a great deal of fun for when my friends and I want to fly together. Thanks for all your hard work!

Just waiting for the F-14A to drop at this point.

pretty keen to run this on a server minus the F14A

also, couple of feedback tidbits from Justdude's server

when operating at night the carrier was not transitioning to CASE 3

And

F18s off the carrier were not receiving datalink SA contacts from the AWACS while F16s from incirlik were

potentially due to the length of the missions without a restart? I'm not sure just speculating

pretty keen to run this on a server minus the F14A

also, couple of feedback tidbits from Justdude's server

when operating at night the carrier was not transitioning to CASE 3

And

F18s off the carrier were not receiving datalink SA contacts from the AWACS while F16s from incirlik were

potentially due to the length of the missions without a restart? I'm not sure just speculating

Nothing I can do about those issues. I believe the AWACS issue is something to do with dynamic spawns ... it used to work ... :music_whistling:

Also waiting for the F-14A is nothing to do with client slots, but both missions are supposed to have it on the red side, so I'm waiting since it is supposed to be out this month. If it doesn't happen, then I'll rethink this plan. I also waited for the A-10C II to include it from the start. I plan to pretty much release both of these missions once only, so the extra testing time is also necessary.

Edited by Surrexen