GREEN THUNDER

A new project is at the horizon:

ZrpyTA0.jpg

Green Thunder is a complete retexturing of the existing DCS World Caucasus map to provide a southeast asian look and feel. Due to the fact that I got so many update requests for my former Vietnam mod, I decided to create a new version from scratch. This is also something I want to give back to the great DCS community.

Update:

A first version of GREEN THUNDER has just been released. Check the download link on my website:

https://starwayblog.wordpress.com/

Credits:

I used some village textures of an old version of B3OP's mod as a base. I also used some small parts of mustangs noise texture. I also integrated an updated version of Solways new Airport buildings. I hope everybody is ok with that.

UPDATE 2 released

Hi Folks,

here is another mini-update for this mod where I made some small corrections to the mip maps of some field textures to provide better blending at the distance.

https://www.mediafire.com/?3h32dh44u48t1bh

Installation instruction:

1.) Deactivate original "Green Thunder" in the jgsme menu.

2.) Copy and paste the content of the zip file into your "Green Thunder"-mod folder. Overwrite files from Update 1

3.) Activate the mod again in jgsme menu.

Done.

Have fun!

Best,

SW

Edited by Starway
  • Like 3

System: Intel Core i5 3570K | GTX 980 OC | 16 GB DDR3 1600 | 500 GB SSD

Thanks a million, Starway

I9 12900k@ 5 GHz | 32 GB DDR4 | Asus ROG  Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi d4| RTX 3090 | 6 TB SSD + 8 TB HDD | 4K Samsung Q90R 55" | VKB MK III PRO L | Virpil Throttle MONGOOST-50 | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR5

Aaw yeah!

Can we have Les Grossman as GCI?

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

Wait.....was the Skyraider supposed to mean anything?

At one time, Starway was working on an AD Skyraider mod. Not sure whatever happened to it but now, Archimaede is doing one and when he is done helping out on the Community A-4 project, he will be getting back to it. :pilotfly:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=167159

Edited by AG-51_Razor
Attached link

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I would prefer that the Caucasus remains as it is. Thus it seems to me unnatural with these palm trees. It would be better if the Starway teamed up with developers who create new terrain (Iwo Jima for example).

Of course there is no doubt Starway has already proved he a great artist.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Everything is possible ...

I would prefer that the Caucasus remains as it is. Thus it seems to me unnatural with these palm trees. It would be better if the Starway teamed up with developers who create new terrain (Iwo Jima for example).

Of course there is no doubt Starway has already proved he a great artist.

Then don't download the mod...

From what I've gathered, creating a new map is a lot more than just making new textures

Come check me out on

YouTube!

Twitch!

Have a listen to the Alert 5 Podcast - YOUR source for the latest combat flight simulation news!