Stennis Elevator Fun.

Does raise questions on how we will go from hanger to deck? I'm guessing that's towed operation for the most part in RL. As it's not part of the EA release...just the catapult crew(s) are...hopefully there'll be more news on that in the future.

"These are NOT 1 to 1 replicas of the real aircraft, there are countless compromises made on each of them" - Senior ED Member

Modules - Damn near all of them (no Christian Eagle or Yak)

System - i7-12700K, 64Gig DDR4 3200 RAM, RTX-3080, 3 32" monitors at 5760 x 1080, default settings of High (minor tweaks)

Does raise questions on how we will go from hanger to deck? I'm guessing that's towed operation for the most part in RL. As it's not part of the EA release...just the catapult crew(s) are...hopefully there'll be more news on that in the future.

Yes I agree it would be towed in RL, Fun to watch though. I can get player's plane to ride down on Number 4, but as stated by someone else you fall through the floor. I do hope they have something going in the hanger.:thumbup::thumbup:

Atari 800XL 64K MEMORY 1050 FLOPPY Video GTIA chip 300 baud modem.

How did you do this with such an empty carrier? Did something change with the Stennis? Normally you would have to setup a bunch of static objects to block parking spots in order to get an elevator to work.

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

How did you do this with such an empty carrier? Did something change with the Stennis? Normally you would have to setup a bunch of static objects to block parking spots in order to get an elevator to work.

Hi Pimp;

Texas here also, as for the how?

I tried the normal way a few others have done by packing the deck! Had mixed luck with that.

So I reme' d all the parking spots except for the "lift's 1 through 3" and turned on elevators 2 and 3, then had some AI land.

Just wanted to see them work so I did some editing, really love this simulator and cheers to the EXCELLANT work by ED and other's, first rate sim.

Looking forward to super carrier!

...So I reme' d all the parking spots except for the "lift's 1 through 3" and turned on elevators 2 and 3, then had some AI land.

Just wanted to see them work so I did some editing...

Hi, thanks for the reply, but what do you mean by that? Can you share your mission file?

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

I think I missed something somewhere.....there is a way to operate the current Stennis elevators? How?

i9-9900k, Asus ROG Strix Z390-3, 32GB DDR4-3000, MSI GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, 2TB Samsung 860 Evo SSD| Reverb G2| Custom Simpit- A variety of grips (TM/Virpil) on floor mounted TM Base, WinWing Super Tauris Throttles, Virpil Collective, TM Pedals, TM MFDs

Paid Module Wishlist: AH-64A, T-38, B-1B, U-2, MH-60 Pavehawk, A-10A

Map Wishlist: NAS Oceana (w/Norfolk and Expansive Ocean), Korea (Modern), Cuba, Columbia

Ai Wishlist: Ships, SOF infantry, SOF Vehicles, AH/MH-6, P8, 

Hi, thanks for the reply, but what do you mean by that? Can you share your mission file?

It's not in the mission file.

I edited the Stennis runway and taxi route Lua file.

By either placings a REM --[ ]-- statement in front of and at ending of parking spots or deleting the spot. So all that remand was the lift spots. Remember to back up file.

Then made a quick mission with AI in the air arriving for landing.

{ -- 4 parking spot (lift3_1)

{{ 5.0, 19.06, -17.8}, 3.0},

{{ 10.0, 19.06, 5.0}, 3.0},

{{-10.0, 19.06, 7.0}, 3.0},

{{-95.0, 19.06, 23.0}, 3.0},

{{-105.5, 19.06, 14.0}, 2.0},

{{-103.5, 19.06, 32.7}, -2.0}

},

Then placed a 1 on elevator type.

ElevatorIdx = 2, ElevatorType = 1, TerminalIdx = 1, Points =

{

{{ -34.0, 8.45, 33.0}, 1.0},

{{ -34.0, 8.45, 0.0}, 1.0},

{{ -44.0, 8.45, -5.0}, 1.0}

}

Also played with placing lift1 first in list then so on, copy/paste, there are 2 places on each lift so on lift 3 I only have one places because aircraft taxi to far to the left.

I'm on trip so I can't post lua, also think maybe ED would get mad?????

Basic lua file hack:megalol::megalol:

Remember back up files

Edited by Cooler07

MAKE SURE TO BACKUP YOUR ORIGINAL FILE.

Here's my modified Stennis file. I only have elevators 3 & 4 setup for spawn and despawn spots. I also included a mission file that starts the player on elevator 4 with 2 AI coming in for landing. Once both AI land and park on elevator 3, both elevators go down. Once you're lowered, you will be facing the hangar deck. However, this is all pointless because as Cooler mentioned, once you attempt to taxi onto the hangar deck, you fall through the floor. It's still cool to see though. I also noticed that when the first plane taxi onto the hangar deck, it ends up on the flight deck, but the others stay in the hangar. I can't wait for more Super Carrier news just to see how we will be able to interact with it.

USS_John_C_Stennis_RunwaysAndRoutes.lua

Spawn_Test_CAUC.miz

MAKE SURE TO BACKUP YOUR ORIGINAL FILE.

Here's my modified Stennis file. I only have elevators 3 & 4 setup for spawn and despawn spots. I also included a mission file that starts the player on elevator 4 with 2 AI coming in for landing. Once both AI land and park on elevator 3, both elevators go down. Once you're lowered, you will be facing the hangar deck. However, this is all pointless because as Cooler mentioned, once you attempt to taxi onto the hangar deck, you fall through the floor. It's still cool to see though. I also noticed that when the first plane taxi onto the hangar deck, it ends up on the flight deck, but the others stay in the hangar. I can't wait for more Super Carrier news just to see how we will be able to interact with it.

Thanks for putting this up Pimp, I was out of town and couldn't log on.

:pilotfly:

Thanks for putting this up Pimp, I was out of town and couldn't log on.

:pilotfly:

No problem. I appreciate you showing us the file. It's unfortunate we cannot taxi on the hangar deck. Would've been pretty cool.

• 1 month later...