V/UHF RADIO SET CONTROL

WOPR

I discovered today that V/UHF RADIO SET CONTROL can be used for somethings, so I thought I would share since it is not in the guide yet.

1. To use this radio (Panel 2 in the guide) you have set the switch on the ACNIP panel to MAN from UFC (panel 3 in the guide, just below the VRSC panel). The switch appears to override COMM 1.

2. The left knob controls functionality. TR = transmit/receive on the channel shown. TR+G = transmit/receive on the channel show + listen to guard channel (emergency channel). ADF = automatic direction finding (doesn't appear to be implemented yet or I haven't figured out what dial to look at).

3. The right knob is the channel selector. PRE = pre-set channels. MAN = manual tune. I was able to tune the VOR at Al Minhad AB (PG map) and listen to the Morse code, but otherwise couldn't make use of it.

• 1 year later...

I am trying to play a mission by Tigereagle in which ADF frequencies seem to be a key part of the mission. I have found the UHF radio and set it to ADF but I don't know how to then get symbology to allow me to follow it to the transmitter.

Anyone have any ideas how this works?

Cheers!

CptT

CPU: Intel Core i5 4590 3.3GHz, RAM: 32GB HyperX Fury 1600MHz DDR3, GFX: EVGA GTX 1080, OS: Windows 7 Home Premium SP1, Joy: TM Warthog, Peds: CH Pro Pedals, TrackIR3, VR: Vive

I have realised that the mission doesn't rely on the ADF, I had just incorrectly set up the INS. However ... I would still be interested to know how to use the ADF, if it is implemented.

Cheers!

CPU: Intel Core i5 4590 3.3GHz, RAM: 32GB HyperX Fury 1600MHz DDR3, GFX: EVGA GTX 1080, OS: Windows 7 Home Premium SP1, Joy: TM Warthog, Peds: CH Pro Pedals, TrackIR3, VR: Vive