Can we get a small update the F-15E's progress?

MobiSev

From Razbam's previous official statement, all work on planes but the Mirage 2000, the AV-8B and MiG-19 has been suspended until the first three modules are completed.

There are only two types of aircraft, fighters and targets. - Major Doyle "Wahoo" Nicholson, USMC

Exactly. Their next release is the MiG-23, so the F-15E is years away.

DCS module wishlist: F-104S ASA-M Starfighter / F-111F Aardvark / F-4E Phantom II / J 35F2 Draken / J-7M AirGuard / Kfir C.2 / MiG-17F / MiG-21 Bison / Mirage F1 / Su-17M4 / Su-24M / Yak-9U

RAZBAM has confirmed that the team that worked on the MiG-19 will work on the MiG-23 after its done. Looking at complexity, available coders in their team, I'd put my money on the Flogger before the Mudhen aswell.

''Greed is a bottomless pit which exhausts the person in an endless effort to satisfy the need without ever reaching satisfaction.''

Erich Fromm

How much is shared between the AV8B and F-15E actually? Id imagine quite a bit, since they both are MD?

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

How much is shared between the AV8B and F-15E actually? Id imagine quite a bit, since they both are MD?

There is a ton of commonality between the harrier and the F18 as well. But as it turns out the same system seems to work somewhat differently between the two (RWR as an example).

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

What makes you say the Mig-23 is next? The F-15 model & textures seem much further ahead judging by what they've released.

The 3D model has to be reworked, the screenshots are too old. Then the avionics and flight model… oh lala :lol:

You can wait at least 5 years to get decent news, and the F-15E is on the development waiting list. The hype should stop.

I'll buy :

МиГ-23МЛД & МЛА МиГ-27К МиГ-25 Mirage III F-4E any IJ plane 1950' Korea Dynamic campaign module

Besides everyone wants the Mig23 more anyway ;)

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

The 3D model has to be reworked, the screenshots are too old. Then the avionics and flight model… oh lala :lol:

You can wait at least 5 years to get decent news, and the F-15E is on the development waiting list. The hype should stop.

The screenshots are from this year, it's the Mig-23 that is going through a complete remodel, certainly seems like the 15E is already most of the way through the modelling process (they've shown the external model within the last year too). They've obviously paused development while they finish the Mirage, Harrier and Mig-19, but before that they were claiming the 15E would be finished within months of June 2018, which they've obviously revised but I wouldn't expect it to be 5 years if they were estimating less than a year 12 months ago.

MKuaOng.jpg

44126764_1912328155520480_8795693096328232960_o.jpg?_nc_cat=108&efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&_nc_oc=AQkm_dhQb1kdafrD5ynU1YPVkbFfTt4j8Idktz9KPPWQDlSp9K--I7hcDDUMRUtXJ2Y&_nc_ht=scontent.fhkg10-1.fna&oh=f9d909bf6eb0df7349ed49c4fc408eda&oe=5DAF21CD

• 2 weeks later...

Well their teams are split... They got "red" team working on Mig 19 and Mig 23 who join Razbam with their own coder, they got "blue" team working on AV8 and Mirage and F15E with their old coder. And then map team working on faklands :)

But once razbam is done with AV8 and Mirage, F15 will came back. On their discord, they said it was plan to come this winter. :)

On their discord, they said it was plan to come this winter. :)

Hahaha

"We plan for the 15 to come this winter" = eh...maybe in 10 years time

Modules owned:

FC3, M-2000C, Mig-21bis, F-5E, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, KA-50, Mi-8, F-14A&B, JF-17

On their discord, they said it was plan to come this winter. :)

I dont exactly recall seeing this anywhere on their discord...

Modules: FC3, A-10C, M2000C, MiG-21bis, F-86F, AV-8B NA, F/A-18C, F-14A/B, F-16C, F-15E, F-4E, A-29, Eurofighter Typhoon, A-6E, MiG-23MLA, Nevada, Persian Gulf, South Atlantic, Syria, Afghanistan

Specs: Intel i7 2600K, Nvidea GTX 980, 16GB RAM, NVMe SSD, Saitek X-55, TrackIR 5, Samsung Odyssey VR

It's funny...

This time last year the F-16C was a rumor and everyone said it would be 4-6 years...

The beginning of this year the F-16C was announced and everyone said "Oh sure...we'll see it in 5-6 years" Now it is on track to be released in a few months...

Yet the standard response when people mention upcoming projects is "oh it'll be years"

Me thinks you underestimate modern flight sim development.

Edited by Sierra99

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

It's funny...

This time last year the F-16C was a rumor and everyone said it would be 4-6 years...

The beginning of this year the F-16C was announced and everyone said "Oh sure...we'll see it in 5-6 years" Now it is on track to be released in a few months...

Yet the standard response when people mention upcoming projects is "oh it'll be years"

Me thinks you underestimate modern flight sim development.

From 2008:

As for after DCS: Black Shark, work continues on other aircraft modules. Although these are certainly works in progress and hardly complete, I have attached a few development cockpit images of the F-16C and Mi-24.

;)

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

From 2008:

As for after DCS: Black Shark, work continues on other aircraft modules. Although these are certainly works in progress and hardly complete, I have attached a few development cockpit images of the F-16C and Mi-24.

;)

Ok ..... in 2008 we had a different roadmap. ED planned to release the following modules at 9 month intervals:

1- A-10A-Version 2 (latest active version in service)

2- A-10C-Version 3

3- AH-64A Blk. 49A

4- Su-27

5- F-15C

6- Mi-24V

7- F-16C

8- MiG-29A

Just a bit of calculation - we should have gotten our Viper already in 2012/13.

And IIRC Wags even mentioned once that most probably there will be no F-16 from ED in DCS World at all (unfortunately i didn't find the post anymore).

As we can see - there is more subject to change than just features of modules or release dates ;)

Edited by Gizmo03

As we can see - there is more subject to change than just features of modules or release dates ;)

We are talking about Razbam here, not ED. Let's face the reality, facts and history of Razbam are not making any room for hope for some earlier release date than expected AT ALL.

I'll buy :

МиГ-23МЛД & МЛА МиГ-27К МиГ-25 Mirage III F-4E any IJ plane 1950' Korea Dynamic campaign module

We are talking about Razbam here, not ED. Let's face the reality, facts and history of Razbam are not making any room for hope for some earlier release date than expected AT ALL.

That's right - i agree.

But i was refering to QuiGons post and the quote of Wags - Wags is still ED not RAZBAM, isn't he??

I just wanted to mention that things are changing a lot - especially after 11 years. I don't think that ED is developing the F-16 since 2008.

Edited by Gizmo03

I don't think that ED is developing the F-16 since 2008.

Actually yes, it's the little brother of the F-18 module from which it got most of the code, and that was in development since those times. That's why they brag for a "fast" F-16 release although it's partially a lie because:

• F-18 is unfinished, still requires years to complete.
  • Uncompleted F-18 means uncompleted F-16.
  • Still no AG radar in sight, too bad for the F-15E supposed to rely on the same code framework.

As a side note, Razbam's F-15E will certainly not get as much code from ED as the F-16 currently does.

I'll buy :

I have no issue with ED leveraging their F18 code for the F16, and even less issue with Razbam leveraging ED code for the F15 or an AV8B+ model. But that does definitely put the pressure on ED to deliver said code (radar/EW/FLIR) in a timely manner.

• 9 months later...