F-14 Tomcat Behind the Wings video

elaintahra

It may have been posted many times, but I've never seen the post nor knew it existed to look for it so thank you elainthara for sharing.

v6,

boNes

"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot

It made me thing of this, is there ANY F-14 in a museum today that isnt in this vandalized condition? And if there is not, how precisely did the Devs cope with this when mapping the cockpit?

I would hope there is at least a few left in showroom condition.

This is from RL experience:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4019213&postcount=85

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

Thanks, but I was more refering to how the USN ripped all the instruments and even panels out of this one. That must surely complicate things for heatblur in mapping a cockpit, unless they found one that was untouched?

Yes, I would assume the Navy did their part in removing instruments, but a lot of their other A/C are in just as bad shape. The B-1A (1 of 2) they have is in an abysmal state. Maybe their planes have been stripped as much as they have since the museum isn't a Government or Military entity anymore?

The Navy has some strange atitudes to historical artifacts. They have actively tried to block people recovering aircraft from lake michigan, because they regard themselves as still owners of it, despite striking it off the books decades ago. Very strange.

I would hope there are at least some of these Tomcats still maintained in as service condition. That includes one of the aircraft that scored a kill, still apparently at Davis Monthan. It would be unfortunate if the best preserved Tomcats for future generations will be found only in Iran.