[REPORTED]JTAC comms all messed up

JackFlash

So, I just flew a new ED mission with the F/A-18. A mission with GBU-12's and LATRIN. I checked in to JTAC and made one bomb run. On the second tasking request I got stuck at the 9-line readback. The JTAC keeps repeating the 9-line. If I say that I can't comply, the JTAC replies "Readback correct". Can not get out of this loop.

Sometimes I have no reply at all and forces to change radio from radio 2 to radio 1.

Edited by JackFlash

My latest project, the Multi Function Button Box can be found at Kickstarter.

Yeah, something happened the JTAC lately, if I set them to designate with WP they just say No Mark and the only weapon that they ask for is cannon. If im fully loaded with Mavericks but zero gun in the Hornet they just say No Further Tasking Available. Im using the same missions that it worked in before.

Skickat från min D5503 via Tapatalk

This is NOT a mission editor problem! The mission I fly is one created by ED. The comms with the JTAC is a DCS World problem.

The communications is stuck in a loop in the mission. JTAC wont assign me to new target and i can't get a valid target even after checking out and in again.

When I ask for targets i get the "Readback correct"-reply. Wrong answer in other words.

Edited by JackFlash

• ED Team

Please post a track replay showing the issue and we will take a look

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Yeah, I had this issue about two weeks ago, but posted it in the DCS World Facebook forum. JTAC gets stuck.

My Hangar:

F16C | FA18C | AH64D | F14A/B | M2000C | AV8B | A10C/ii | KA50/iii | UH1H | Gazelle | FC3 | CA | Supercarrier

My Spec:

Obsidian750D Airflow | Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K | 32GB DDR4 Vengeance @3600 | RTX3080 12GB OC | ZXR PCIe | WD Black 2TB SSD | Log X56 | Log G502 | TrackIR | 1 badass mutha

So, I just flew a new ED mission with the F/A-18. A mission with GBU-12's and LATRIN. I checked in to JTAC and made one bomb run. On the second tasking request I got stuck at the 9-line readback. The JTAC keeps repeating the 9-line. If I say that I can't comply, the JTAC replies "Readback correct". Can not get out of this loop. Sometimes I have no reply at all and forces to change radio from radio 2 to radio 1.

This problem was posted a half year ago, seems ED never saw it:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=239750

Visit https://www.viggen.training
...Viggen... what more can you ask for?

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1

I'm seeing a similar issue with one of my own missions (attached).

I'm carrying four IR Mavs, and I have an (invisible) M4 infantryman serving as FAC on 137.000.

The target is a group of 4 ZSU-23 AAA guns at Qeshm airfield in the Persian Gulf. The FAC acknowledges all 4 four targets in the 9-Line, but then only ever targets the first three. He calls out the fourth target, but always says "No Mark" - even if I place the ZSU-23 pretty much right next to him.

As a result, I always have to use the Litening pod to lase and destroy the last target in order to complete my tasking. I can't immediately see any reason why the final AAA gun is un-lased every single time.

FA-18 Test34..miz

i7-7700K @ 4.9Ghz | 16Gb DDR4 @ 3200Mhz | MSI Z270 Gaming M7 | MSI GeForce GTX 1080ti Gaming X | Win 10 Home | Thrustmaster Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Oculus Rift S

• ED Team

Hi

The mission is using laser mavs, it is best to use a vehicle with optical capabilities as JTAC it will do a better job than the Infantry in DCS.

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Hi

The mission is using laser mavs, it is best to use a vehicle with optical capabilities as JTAC it will do a better job than the Infantry in DCS.

Thanks Bignewy - I'll give that a try.

That said, it's still confusing that the infantry unity is perfectly capable of lasing the first three targets, but always fails on the fourth, no? I was looking to create the feel of a special forces unit doing the lasing from ground level, which doesn't seem unreasonable. The arbitrary nature of the issue seems to be more of a bug than a feature. It's not like the infantry units can't lase - they just can't do it consistently.

i7-7700K @ 4.9Ghz | 16Gb DDR4 @ 3200Mhz | MSI Z270 Gaming M7 | MSI GeForce GTX 1080ti Gaming X | Win 10 Home | Thrustmaster Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Oculus Rift S

• ED Team

It seems we do have a report relating to laser mavs,

JTAC will not always call for them and will instead ask for guns.

So it is probably related also.

thanks

One possible cause of JTAC and other issues is using a mission created in previous versions of OB,

at least in my experience.

Try creating a brand new mission and see if that makes any difference.

Here's a clip made half an hour ago just to test JTAC... worked fine. JTAC Hummer was around 3k feet from targets. I acquired the tgt. with TGP manually and let the JTAC lase for the LMAVS

https://youtu.be/kfZIXYGt5mc

Could try, sad for me though is that I spent many hours in the release version of 2.5 making missions with a great amount of triggers. If they would decide not to make it back compatible for missions created before the latest updates it would be very bad for me because starting from scratch is not really a option.

Skickat från min D5503 via Tapatalk

Hi

Well, this mission is cerater by ED... No mavs onboard. Just laser bombs as intended by default.