No trim

specialksl

Yes, the trim is slow and deliberate. Just make sure you properly (2-button simultaneous press required) run the FCS BIT which, if forgotten, will make it feel like you' re fighting the aircraft while flying. [This made my first trap a DQ, although non-lethal :doh:]

i7-7700K@4.8GHz, 16Gb-3200, GTX-1080Ti-Strix-11Gb, Maximus IX Hero, Oculus Rift, Thrustmaster Warthog+F/A-18C, Logitech G940 Pedals.

The first thing is that stick normally do not move when triming. The second, why do you need a lot of trim? The plane will fly straight if stick is neutral. Primarily, trim is needed at landing when it is rather fast. Such slow changes in flight make it possible to adjust trimmed G precisely.

Отправлено с моего Redmi 4X через Tapatalk

The plane does NOT fly SO straight for me, especially during take off where it just goes up like a rocket...to me, it feels pretty much like the F-5 and not like the m2000 for instance.

Again, I might be missing something as I barely have any idea of the systems of this bird yet so...

Also, why I cant see the trim button animation in the stick?

Take a look at my MODS here

Same here...I have the trim correctly binded to my warthog but I cant see any stick movement when using it nor the trim button in the stick. However, at low speed, it seems to have some effect, though VERY LITTLE, that little theat its pretty much useless imho...its hard to believe for me that trim behaves in such a "slight" way in a plane with such an strong changes in flight dynamics where you would need a lot of fast and snapy trim so not sure this is working properly. At high speed it doesnt seem to have any effect at all. I guess at high speed the effect of the trim must be more subtle due to the dangerous situation it could potentially create but in my few hours of flight I havent been able to make it work at anything over 300knt aprox...As we are pretty much all newy with the hornet, maybe we are missing some systems that prevents us from using the trim??
Wags said it's normal but I'm not sure how slow it should be. At low speeds for example when getting ready to land, once your gear and flaps are down and you are below 250 knots, it's almost impossible to trim for the right AoA. I'm squishing the trim up button, holding it and it takes so long to move a bit. Doesn't feel right when trying to land and forget about landing on a carrier then.

There has to be something that I'm missing.

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

Possible solution here!

This thread's gone a little off... but for anyone having issues with aircraft performance: trim not functional, airspeed is slow to rise, etc. --> Disable Game Flight mode.

I use Game Flight mode for the Huey when I play singleplayer, looks like I forgot to turn it off. Disabled it and took the Hornet out for spin, she's working perfectly.

Possible solution here!

This thread's gone a little off... but for anyone having issues with aircraft performance: trim not functional, airspeed is slow to rise, etc. --> Disable Game Flight mode.

I use Game Flight mode for the Huey when I play singleplayer, looks like I forgot to turn it off. Disabled it and took the Hornet out for spin, she's working perfectly.

I pressed the simulation button on the bottom right of the options section there. I've always ran in sim mode but I did not see a difference. I didn't even know game mode existed. Those boxes are unchecked for me.

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

sze5003: I'm only replying with this because you mentioned "bottom right" for sim mode, and you might be looking in the wrong area.

If you're at the main menu, click the gear at the top "Options", at the next screen, click the Gameplay tab, top left options for difficulties... Game Flight mode and Game avionic mode. Those need to be unchecked.

Otherwise, you may be referring to the "slow" trim issue...Where it works, but it works slowly.

dcsgamemode.thumb.png.54a093881a8396dcddd71149b0cc6f54.png

Edited by Rook_US

Is trim not implemented yet? Or am I doing something wrong ?

Hello everyone.

I'm trying to trim my F-18 but I press the buttons I assigned to my HOTAS and nothing happens.

Is there anything else I need to do in order to trim?

Or is just not implemented yet?

Thank you.

Hello everyone.

I'm trying to trim my F-18 but I press the buttons I assigned to my HOTAS and nothing happens.

Is there anything else I need to do in order to trim?

Or is just not implemented yet?

Thank you.

I did notice similar behavior....but I did notice I was able to make slight adjustments with trim...just doesn't seem to be as effective per input compared to other modules if that makes any sense.

sze5003: I'm only replying with this because you mentioned "bottom right" for sim mode, and you might be looking in the wrong area.

If you're at the main menu, click the gear at the top "Options", at the next screen, click the Gameplay tab, top left options for difficulties... Game Flight mode and Game avionic mode. Those need to be unchecked.

Otherwise, you may be referring to the "slow" trim issue...Where it works, but it works slowly.

Yea those are unchecked I guess it's just slow in general but much less effective than other modules. Was having a hell of a time trying to land while also trimming.

So far I can say that trim WORKS with flaps on medium/full, I can actually see the little bar of trim moving in the controls gui (RCtrl+Enter) but with flaps up I cant see any triming taking effect (either in the controls GUI)...Again, I have very little knowledge about the hornet right now so Im probably making thigs wrong (especially in take off, where the plane skyrockets without control and the trim proves to be useless to compensate). Btw, I always fly in simulation mode so I dont think thats the "problem".

Take a look at my MODS here

I definitely have issues with trim hat when bind to keyborad, it simply does not work at all, or maybe 100 times slower than other modules!!!

Edit:

P.s: trim wouldn't make much issues in air, but when it comes to landings it makes it really hard to keep the correct AOA

The easiest way to check is bring up the FCS page and observe the surface position indicators as you actuate the trim. It is much different than the Hawg or Eagle.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

You're right, it shows on FCS page that on the ground, in the air with both gears and flaps down and up, trim affects the stab and plane changes her behaviour, but it does not change on controls indicator and it changes slower than other modules

edit:

P.S: so I think it's more of a different logic than a bug on FCS, it might be a bug on control indicator but not on FCS

How are you guys handling landings without trimming then? I find it extremely difficult to keep the nose centered when dropping gear and flaps to full and sub 250 knots. Flying at high speed or altitude with auto flaps I don't really need to trim and if I do, even if it's slow it's not as slow as it seems when you are flying slow and trying to land.

How are you guys handling landings without trimming then? I find it extremely difficult to keep the nose centered when dropping gear and flaps to full and sub 250 knots. Flying at high speed or altitude with auto flaps I don't really need to trim and if I do, even if it's slow it's not as slow as it seems when you are flying slow and trying to land.

Why would you need Trim for landings?

I have successful carrier and ground airfield landings without trim.

Just follow your AoA, monitor speed etc...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Why would you need Trim for landings?

I have successful carrier and ground airfield landings without trim.

Just follow your AoA, monitor speed etc...

Ok maybe I'm doing it wrong. So we should not trim at all for landing? I noticed my velocity vector was bouncing all over the place as I dropped speed and flaps went full, and when I would adjust the throttles. Wish I had off today to practice more. I guess it just takes getting used to. Because besides this it flies and maneuvers beautifully!

Also you do need trim for landing, at least you need to be nearly perfectly level before putting your flaps/gear down because drag should push the nose up a bit so then you have to correct for it. In the hornet now the nose drops like a ton of bricks after flaps are set full.

Edited by sze5003

So far I can say that trim WORKS with flaps on medium/full, I can actually see the little bar of trim moving in the controls gui (RCtrl+Enter) but with flaps up I cant see any triming taking effect (either in the controls GUI)....

The Hornet, I believe, has an auto trim system... Seems in flt with the gear flaps up it trims itself. With gear and flaps down the trim seems to work in a conventional sense.

I'm sure when the manual comes out it will all be explained.

In another thread Wags says this "In UA mode, it will trim to 1 G automatically. in PA mode, you need to trim manually to set AoA."

Lobo's DCS A-10C Normal Checklist & Quick Reference Handbook current version 8D available here:

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/172905/

Yea its possible my troubles could be related to the issue with the elevators/model when you go to full flaps and it drops so fast. That will be fixed so for now I've been avoiding doing any sort of landing.

As I took off in my last test with auto flaps, but wings folded (I love to try such things), I guess it's due to auto flaps. Next time I'll try that with normal wings and also folded wings with flaps at half or auto dealwithit.png

So I did this and it went as I expected. Don't take off with auto flaps. You can't trim until you set them to half or full and they actually go down to 30+° which can be achieved in flight at low speeds. Wing folding has no effect on this.

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg