VKB-Sim MCG. Questions. Answers. Advice.

UIV

I see ghost button presses as well, but not active buttons on the stick.

Please open a ticket at your dealer. I understand this is not the answer you expect (and not the one I should give, ideally) - but it is going to help better and faster than asking for support here. Besides, tickets will be counted for statistics (forum posts will not), so we will know which area of support demands more resource.

Sorry for this, I am not being snappish :) just trying to optimize the workflow of the support.

>

Best Regards from VKB Lair,

AeroGator

• Replies 722
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dburne: You will not have "phantom" button presses in game - if you restart the joystick before playing. This is very easy, but it is a little annoying.

As soon as I boot up, I run VKBDevCfg. Sometimes a few buttons are on, sometimes not. Sometimes nearly a third of the buttons are on! Press restart, sometimes it takes a few attempts, and that fixes it. Easy enough. But hoping VKB gets this fixed in an official update soon!

If I don't reset, I find that certain buttons will not work in game. But I don't have phantom presses activating anything randomly.

Note that when I start SteamVR for my Vive, it also screws up the buttons on the MCGPro. Even if it was properly reset beforehand. Something about SteamVR booting up must affect the usb. So I just do my joystick restart once VR is running and I don't have any issues after that.

7700K@5Ghz, 32GB 3600 CL16, 3080.

Please open a ticket at your dealer. I understand this is not the answer you expect (and not the one I should give, ideally) - but it is going to help better and faster than asking for support here. Besides, tickets will be counted for statistics (forum posts will not), so we will know which area of support demands more resource.

Sorry for this, I am not being snappish :) just trying to optimize the workflow of the support.

Done, hopefully this helps you all find the cause. :)

5900X - 32 GB 3600 RAM - 1080TI

My Twitch Channel

~Moo

dburne: You will not have "phantom" button presses in game - if you restart the joystick before playing. This is very easy, but it is a little annoying.

As soon as I boot up, I run VKBDevCfg. Sometimes a few buttons are on, sometimes not. Sometimes nearly a third of the buttons are on! Press restart, sometimes it takes a few attempts, and that fixes it. Easy enough. But hoping VKB gets this fixed in an official update soon!

If I don't reset, I find that certain buttons will not work in game. But I don't have phantom presses activating anything randomly.

Note that when I start SteamVR for my Vive, it also screws up the buttons on the MCGPro. Even if it was properly reset beforehand. Something about SteamVR booting up must affect the usb. So I just do my joystick restart once VR is running and I don't have any issues after that.

Thanks for the info, that is troubling to me though.

I already have so much invested for a VKB setup I guess I will likely proceed with the MCG Pro grip whenever it does come available again, but I sure as heck hope an issue such as this gets addressed sooner rather than later.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Too weird with having to restart the Joystick - admittedly, I don't have VR of any kind but I just use the stick (Gunfighter MkII /w MCGpro) without any problems from boot to shutdown... never had any phantom presses

Edited by ams999
missed a 'G' in 'MCG'

"[...] because, basically, in this day and age, if you get to the merge and no one's died - it's not good for anybody." - Keith 'Okie' Nance
"Nun siegt mal schön!" - Theodor Heuss, September 1958

"Nobody has any intention of building a wall." - Walter Ulbricht, June 1961
"Russia has no plans to invade either Ukraine or any other country.
" - Vladimir Chizhov, Russia's ambassador to the EU, January 2022

Yes, same here. Never had any problems with ghost buttons or other things. Never lost my settings for the Gunfighter II with MCG Pro.

I7 6700K, Asus Z170 Pro Gaming, EVGA GTX1080Ti SC, 32GB DDR4 @ 3000, Win10 64, BenQ EW3270ZL 2560x1440, VPC WarBRD Base + TM Warthog Grip, TM Warthog Throttle, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals, Oculus Rift S

Same here - never had such a problem either (avidly using the Gunfighter Pro w/ MCG PRO since I received it).

As a side note, for me, the v1_92_1 firmware addressed the random button issue I had initially. If it didn't for you, there are always beta firmware versions that VKB provides for testing purposes. You might want to ask on the VKB forum for a link (of course - use at your own risk).

Also, I heard that there should be a new stable firmware release for Blackbox (Gunfighter) made available rather soon, so hopefully this should address those remaining random button issues.

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Good news Rrohde. Do you happen to know if the firmware also includes the extra options for the folding trigger? Momentary button presses on folding up/down would be brilliant.

I really love my GFPro/MCGPro, and that is all it needs imho to complete it.

7700K@5Ghz, 32GB 3600 CL16, 3080.

Good news Rrohde. Do you happen to know if the firmware also includes the extra options for the folding trigger? Momentary button presses on folding up/down would be brilliant.

Sorry, that question is better addressed to VKB HQ, so maybe AeroGator or UIV could elaborate. I don't have the details.

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Do they have to be momentary? I have set it up with button 24 up and button 28 down. Those are constant but it works very well in DCS for de-/selecting guns in the Su-27/33 and Ka-50 or the lever in the Bf-109. Maybe 'pulse' is for momentary, haven't tried.

"[...] because, basically, in this day and age, if you get to the merge and no one's died - it's not good for anybody." - Keith 'Okie' Nance

Just tried, yes, pulse is for momentary.

So I got a response from VKB on the random button press issue, their latest firmware (not yet released) solves the issue. So it should be fixed soon.

That is certainly good to hear.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Some MCG's back in stock:

https://vkbcontrollers.com/?p=14589

Finally after all this time I was able to order the MCG Pro for my Mk1 Gunfighter Pro that I have had for over a year waiting on one !

I look forward to being able to try it out soon.

Edited by dburne

Don B

Yea!! I finally order my GF MkII MCG Stick Extension kit!! Yahoo!!

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download

It's quite a relief for me as well being finally able to process some orders for those of you who have been waiting for a while for their VKB gear to be available again. :)

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Any news on the button issue when they only work intermittingly

System:Motherboard Asus ROG Strix Z390-E,Asus ROG GeForce RTX 2080Ti OC, GPU, 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 Ram, Intel i9 9900K @ 5 GHz , cooled by NZXT Kraken X52, Acer XB270HU G-Sinc monitor, Windows 10 Pro, Warthog joystick and throttle with wasy extension, VBK Gunfighter Pro and MCG Pro,MFG Rudder, running on a dedicated 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M2 Nvme , Super Wheel Stand Pro, with a HP Reverb G2

Ordered on June 22, 8 days later I still don't have it or know if it's even shipped!

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download

Ordered on June 22, 8 days later I still don't have it or know if it's even shipped!

Yeah same here I ordered on the 22nd also, according to the email I got when availability was announced shipping was to begin this past week. Hopefully we will hear something this upcoming week.

Don B

• 2 weeks later...

Hey gang,

Question on the MCG Pro Grip.

The round hat button ( Gate?) is controlling two axis rather than button presses. I was going to assign it as a POV Hat for looking around in exterior views ( how I have my other stick set up), but it would seem as they are axis instead this can not be done.

Curious how others are using this particular hat?

Don B

I have tried it as a Slew axis but find it very awkward as the fire weapon button is also on joystick also and my memory muscle is having issues (i'm getting old) With the slew on throttle it just seems more co-ordinated with both hands being used as per just right hand, :P

System:Motherboard Asus ROG Strix Z390-E,Asus ROG GeForce RTX 2080Ti OC, GPU, 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 Ram, Intel i9 9900K @ 5 GHz , cooled by NZXT Kraken X52, Acer XB270HU G-Sinc monitor, Windows 10 Pro, Warthog joystick and throttle with wasy extension, VBK Gunfighter Pro and MCG Pro,MFG Rudder, running on a dedicated 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M2 Nvme , Super Wheel Stand Pro, with a HP Reverb G2

Hey gang,

Question on the MCG Pro Grip.

The round hat button ( Gate?) is controlling two axis rather than button presses. I was going to assign it as a POV Hat for looking around in exterior views ( how I have my other stick set up), but it would seem as they are axis instead this can not be done.

Curious how others are using this particular hat?

You can have it both ways, use "Axis2Buttons" in the VKB config software. You might have to use one of the beta versions found in the Russian language forums either on vkb's site or the IL2 forum, I forget where I found it. Their programmer puts up beta versions on google drive you can get. I've got the round hat working as both 2-axis and 4 button+press, and depending on the module I use it either way.