TITAN X PC BUILD

This is my rig at this point I'm going to up grade so I can go multiplayer & in VR & stream some video any ideas what I need to upgrade.

after my rig stats found some idea's I have a few but I don't know if it the right way to go.

cheers,brad

MOTHERBORD Z68XP-UD3R

OPERATING SYSTEM 64.0 GB

WINDOW 7 PREMIUM

DIRECT X 11

PROCESSOR : INTEL® CORE (MT)i7 -2600K CPU@3.40 HZ 3.70 GHZ

INSTALLED MEMORY (RAM) 16.0 GB

GRAPHIC CARD : INTEL( R ) HD GRIPHICS 3000

GRAPHIC CARD : NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX TITAN X

MEM 16384MB RAM

PAGE FILE 2575MB USED 46326MB AVALBLE

volume E Used Space 202 GB

volume E free space 728 GB

local disk drive ( C )

Used Space 713 GB

Free Space 36.6 GB

THRUSTERMARSTER HOTAS WARTHOG STAILK COMBAT PEDDELS 55"SAMSUNG 8 SERIES

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MOTHERBOARD

------------------

ASROCK X99 TAICHI XE

ASROCK FATAL 1TY X399

ASUS X99 -DEULXE II

ASUS ROG STIX X299-XE

ASUS X99 -DEULXE II

GIGABYTE X299 AORUS ULTRA GAMING PRO

GIGABYTE X299 AORUS GAMING 3 PRO

MSI X299 GAMING M7 ACK

MSI X299 GAMING PRO CARBON AC

MSI X299 GAMING TOMAHAWK AC

-----------------------------------------------------

CPU

----------------- speed cores TDP

INTEL I7-6900K 3.2 8 140

INTEL I9-7940X 3.1GHZ 14 165W

INTEL I9-9900K OEM/TRAY 3.6 8 95W ****think this one

INTEL I7-6950X 3GHZ 10 140W

INTEL I7-5960X 3GHZ 10 140W

ADM THREADRIPER 2990WX 3GHZ 32 250W

ADM THREADRIPER 2950X 3.5GHZ 16 180W

ADM THREADRIPER 1900X 3.8GHZ 8 180W

ADM RYZEN 7 2700 3.2GH 8 65W

---------------------------------------------------------------

MEMORY

--------------

CORSAIR DOMINATIOR PLATINUM DDDR4-3200 288-PIN DIMM 15 2X16 GB 32GB

CORSAIR DOMINATIOR PLATINUM DDDR4-3200 288-PIN DIMM 16 2X16 GB 32GB

GSKILL TRIDENT Z RGB DDR4-3600 288-PIN DIMM 15 2X16GB 32 GB

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

STORAGE SERIES FORM TYPE CAP CHACHE

SAMSUNG MZ-76P4T0BW 860 PRO 2.5 SSD 4TB 4GB

------------------------------------------------------------------------:book:

Edited by Bradader
not finished

For VR multiplayer you obviously should get the best in terms of performance and visuals available right now, which is the Pimax 5k+ or Pimax 8K and you drive this with SLI in the best case. Get an EVGA X299 Dark since they are those who care about cooling of the motherboard and its components the most (which translates into the best overclocking results later for these kind of boards). Build a 7900X into it since it is 1) a CPU which supports usage of 44 PCIe lanes (for 2x full x16 PCIe GPUs, max potential). This combination gets you the most performance out of your SLI system because of the high amount of PCIe lanes and 2) the possiblity of running quad channel RAM to get more bandwidth. In this case you would need 4x8GB or step up to 4x16GB. Since you have a lot of PCIe lanes you can use a M2 NVMe SSD instead of a normal SATA3 one to its maximum speed. Considering the performance it hasn't a lot of advantage over a SATA3 (non M2) one (for DCS) but they are also the same price, so why not get the newer one. You will notice the full potential of this combination only once you get a second card for SLI, otherwise you can go the normal X370/390 chipset with dual channel ram anyway. This is about the best performance you can get right now for DCS VR. I intend to buy the exact same system in the near future.

Edited by Der Hirte

does Pixmax API support SLI ?

I know all other VR API's don't so that was new.

I would wait for 7nm and DDR5 if you want to drive an 8k VR....that is way above what can be done today or tomorrow.

just my 2 cents

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

does Pixmax API support SLI ?

I don't know, can't say for sure. For me it is months out for getting the system and if it isn't implemented now they will have a look into it. They are or already have implemented fixed foveated rendering and brainwarp. These Pimax guys seem to actually understand things a lot faster than the rest, fortunately - or unfortunately.

I know all other VR API's don't so that was new.
Isn't it something they look into it or did they tell people like: "we don't care about SLI"? I haven't read up on it (yet). But I have found these:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3753297&postcount=10

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=201454&highlight=SLI

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3408608&postcount=40

I would wait for 7nm and DDR5 if you want to drive an 8k VR....that is way above what can be done today or tomorrow.
Let's hope they get it out fast and it can compete with the high end stuff of Intel. I'd be the first to buy a AMD system with new interfaces.

From my reading, I was under the impression the developer has to support multi-gpu implementation. Vulkan recently announced they plan to integrate multi GPU support so we may get it eventually. Apparently it's not totally clear how much of an effect it will have on VR, GPU render time is only part of the latency equation, although the idea of one GPU per eye kinda makes sense to me. But, I suspect removing the CPU bottleneck is the bigger priority

Ryzen 5600X (stock), GBX570, 32Gb RAM, AMD 6900XT (reference), G2, WInwing Orion HOTAS, T-flight rudder

From my reading, I was under the impression the developer has to support multi-gpu implementation.

From my reading I'm under the impression that "developer implementation" has way less impact if SLI runs with an application or not than people make it out to be. Developers can optimize it to run/scale better with SLI but it doesn't seem to be like all and every developer has to code the game specifically for SLI from the ground up to get a performance increase with two (or more) cards. It's like people don't understand the inherent meaning of SLI "support" and "optimization".

I also bet that 80% or more of people claiming that SLI doesn't work with that or this application didn't even test it themselves or weren't able to set it up correctly and now go out on the web promoting this lie of SLI "needs to be implemented" blaming the poor developers. SLI Optimization could be implemented but the general support for it is a different story. Feel free to correct me if you have evidence to the contrary but with the stuff I can find on the net what I just wrote is way more likely, especially considering Nvidia has tools or parts of their drivers declared as "VRWorks" and guides to activate SLI in the profile settings.

Edited by Der Hirte

dont forget the VR API's. if they dont do SLI/CF you will have a show stopper at that end.

Oculus does not support SLI/CF. I think that "between the lines" means, no matter what Nvidia does or DCS does, Oculus API will not work in SLI. That's how I understand it, but I admit, no, I dont have a exact same 2nd 1080ti on my desk and I will surely not buy one to find out, haha.

I might be totally wrong and I am also a strong SLI disbeliever out of bitter (expensive) experience with SLI, never again.

What makes much more sense was Vulkan's mGPU, different vendors, different cards, 1 logical GPU.

They need to make it work so I can add any other supported card and it will work and not 100% same with even same firmware. Seen 2 x 1070 crash constantly due to FW differencies, what a mess. Same cards, just Fw differs. That aint user friendly.

SLI, no, too many restrictions.

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X