User Interface Scaling

Given that you might even have more than most there, but plugging any controller device, like a button box, game controller, TrackIR requires it to enumerate dynamically and if you wanted to somehow scale text to support 7 or more columns, i'm not sure there is any other way other than across, or many many pages down.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

Given that you might even have more than most there, but plugging any controller device, like a button box, game controller, TrackIR requires it to enumerate dynamically and if you wanted to somehow scale text to support 7 or more columns, i'm not sure there is any other way other than across, or many many pages down.

I'm not software savvy at a level of production; however as (an example) quite a few of the user interfaces I am acquainted with have the ability to grab the UI by the lower right corner and drag to desired zoom level.

Wind Walkers are gathering

This is something that I've been asking for for literally years now. I use 11 controllers in DCS and it's incredibly frustrating -- when every aircraft requires significant time spent setting up controls -- to have to scroll up, down, left and right constantly because the controls GUI seems to be hardcoded to a certain resolution and only fills up about a third of my 4K screen.

[ATTACH]203356[/ATTACH]

How difficult would it be to make the user interface scalable so one could see all controller columns simultaneously rather than having to use the horizontal and vertical sliders?

Indeed... :thumbup: How difficult would it be.....

Mainboard: ASUS Maximus X Hero Intel Z 370

CPU: Intel Core i7-8086K @ 4.0 GHz

Memory: 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4-3000

Graphics Card: ASUS NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 10GB

Monitor ASUS PA 329 32" @ 4K

1 SSD Samsung 860 PRO 256 GB

1 SSD Samsung 860 PRO 4 TB

Windows 10 - 64 V. 2004

CH Pro combatstick, throttle and pedals

In my situation with a triple monitor setup the control interface is fixed to the center screen and cannot be re positioned to the left or right monitor. More comfortable for me to position the control interface on the left monitor for visibility. Maybe the developers think that the majority of users are using a laptop. Maybe someone could build a mod for this problem.

Edited by SturmovikPilot

• 2 weeks later...

5760 X 1080 Triple Monitor User Interface Scaling

Because the monitors are further away than a book at reading level I need to get to closer to the monitor to see what values are in the column/cells of the user interface. Sure would be great if the User Interface for setting key bindings was scalable.

DCS.thumb.JPG.8a489e9fefb431ff5412532373a3b0c1.JPG

In my situation with a triple monitor setup the control interface is fixed to the center screen and cannot be re positioned to the left or right monitor. More comfortable for me to position the control interface on the left monitor for visibility. Maybe the developers think that the majority of users are using a laptop. Maybe someone could build a mod for this problem.

Try this lua (in Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\Config\MonitorSetup)

3S LEFT_GUI.lua

I have three monitors with resolution at 5760 x 1080 using Nvidia surround and the center monitor is nearly 3 feet from my operating position which is difficult to see clearly, Being able to move and scale the user controls interface would be a big plus. Is there a way to have the USB device columns set the way the end user would like for editing. Example the first column Saitek X55 Throttle, second column Saitek X55 Stick, third column Crosswind Rudder Pedals and ignore the other devices along with clear category? The current User Interface is not very user friendly. Maybe develop a standalone module for editing the controls and functions.