Textures have changed

Hawg57

Is there a way to fix the textures in 2.5.4 beta? The pilot helmet in some of the additional skin addons has changed from the standard pilot grey helmet to either a purple helmet, mask and visor or the digital green helmet mask and visor. Also, the same is occurring with all thee land gear struts. Same color changes as the helmet. Any recommendations would be appreciated..Thank you in advance.

Texture is missing.

Motorola 68000 | 1 Mb | Debug port

"When performing a forced landing, fly the aircraft as far into the crash as possible." - Bob Hoover.

The JF-17 is not better than the F-16; it's different. It's how you fly that counts.

"An average aircraft with a skilled pilot, will out-perform the superior aircraft with an average pilot."

I noticed same thing as well with some user paints. The pilot helmet was named incorrectly. *.bmp.dds

I removed the superfluous ".bmp" in the file name. Had to do.this for everyone that was incorrect. Real pain.

Cheers,

Rick

CSEL\CMEL\IFR

Certified Airplane Nut

I noticed same thing as well with some user paints. The pilot helmet was named incorrectly. *.bmp.dds

I removed the superfluous ".bmp" in the file name. Had to do.this for everyone that was incorrect. Real pain.[/quote

So you removed the extra texture file within the affected skins? For example I have one file that is painted correctly and the other looks to be purple and green. I should remove the purple and green file correct?

The correct file is called f-5e3_rude. The incorrect file is called f-5e3_rude_spec.

I removed the superfluous ".bmp" in the file name. Had to do.this for everyone that was incorrect. Real pain.[/quote

So you removed the extra texture file within the affected skins? For example I have one file that is painted correctly and the other looks to be purple and green. I should remove the purple and green file correct?

The correct file is called f-5e3_rude. The incorrect file is called f-5e3_rude_spec.

No, the Spec file gives the texture the final "look" whether it's paint or metal or plastic etc. I'm saying that in my case, the Pilot Helmet was purple because the file extension was incorrect.

The incorrect name was>> pilot_f-5e3_helmet.bmp.dds

I corrected the filename by simply renaming it to >> pilot_f-5e3_helmet.dds

This corrected all the digital camo and purple missing textures I had with the pilot helmet. I had to do this in EVERY texture folder where the .lua file called out a discrete pilot helmet texture if that filename was listed as incorrect.

Edited by 000rick000

Cheers,

Rick

CSEL\CMEL\IFR

Certified Airplane Nut

No, the Spec file gives the texture the final "look" whether it's paint or metal or plastic etc. I'm saying that in my case, the Pilot Helmet was purple because the file extension was incorrect.

The incorrect name was>> pilot_f-5e3_helmet.bmp.dds

I corrected the filename by simply renaming it to >> pilot_f-5e3_helmet.dds

This corrected all the digital camo and purple missing textures I had with the pilot helmet. I had to do this in EVERY texture folder where the .lua file called out a discrete pilot helmet texture if that filename was listed as incorrect.

Gotcha.. now im tracking correctly. that's for the assist. cheers!

• 4 weeks later...

I have the same paint installed. The way I fixed the helmet was by renaming the file. Remove the "bmp" from the end extension and replace it with "dds". The file should already be saved as a .dds format. You might need to open the .lua file, and see if the line of code with the helmet filename is also spelled correctly. In fact I'd check this first to make sure that it's not actually written as something else. You can always just change the name in the list to match what you have for your helmet name.

make sure it looks like this:

{"pilot_F5E3_helmet", 0, "pilot_f-5e3_helmet", false};

Edited by 000rick000

Cheers,

Rick

CSEL\CMEL\IFR

Certified Airplane Nut

I have the same paint installed. The way I fixed the helmet was by renaming the file. Remove the "bmp" from the end extension and replace it with "dds". The file should already be saved as a .dds format. You might need to open the .lua file, and see if the line of code with the helmet filename is also spelled correctly. In fact I'd check this first to make sure that it's not actually written as something else. You can always just change the name in the list to match what you have for your helmet name.

Actually,you don't need to rename the end of the file extension with dds,it is already recognised as a dds file,so just remove the bmp bit.

So it reads ...........pilot_f-5e3_helmet............

Chillblast Fusion Cirrus 2 FS Pc/Intel Core i7-7700K Kaby Lake CPU/Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 1070 G1 8GB/Seagate 2TB FireCuda SSHD/16GB DDR4 2133MHz Memory/Asus STRIX Z270F Gaming Motherboard/Corsair Hydro Series H80i GT Liquid Cooler/TM Warthog with MFG 10cm Extension/WINWING Orion Rudder Pedals (With Damper Edition)/TrackiR5/Windows 11 Home

copy that rick I will look into that I appreciate the assist.