PvE PvP miz: Operation GOODWOOD.

dooom

Hey all,

Seeing as there are hardly any WWII mp missions being held on the Normandy map, i thought I'd put one together and release it for the community to use / host if you would like.

I based the mission off of Operation Goodwood so it is reasonably historical to the events of that day. It is PvP and PvE to allow for a fight regardless if opposition is logged in. Nothing worse than an empty map.

******DETAILS******

December 30th 2018: v1.1 updated below

PvP/PvE MIST enabled AI respawn of Bombers and Fighters.

Operation Goodwood:

July 18th, 1944

British front has been established W-E North of Caen. Montgomery's largest offensive begins as elements of I Corps and Canadian II Corps, VII Corps attack out of the airborne bridgehead east of the Orne.

German forces of the 16th Luftwaffe Field Division and 21st Panzer Division are preparing to defend against the Allied attempt to break through to the Caen-Falaise road.

RACE FOR 200 VICTORY POINTS

AI WingPair Killed = 2 VP

Client Killed = 5 VP

B17G Killed = 10 VP

Sub Mission WP1 = 25 VP

Sub Mission WP2 = 25 VP

Sub Mission WP3 = 25 VP

******RED TASK ******

WP 1

07:45 AM Defend Colombeiles Steelworks. Attack CDN 8thBgd/3rd Div Infantry Convoy decending on Steelworks from Benouville - Destroy Convoy = 25 Victory Points

WP 2

08:15 AM Support Hauptmann Kuron, 21st Panzer Division at Cagny against Gen Roberts 23rd Hussairs of 11th Army Bgd. Defend 16th Luft artillary Group SE Bourguebus. Destroy Gen Roberts mobile command at Cuverville (25 Victory Points)

WP 3

Forces of the 5th Armoured Brigade are entrenched at Vimont..The 12th SS is advancing along the rail-line from South East.

Support Brigadefurer Kurt Meyer and his 12th SS Hitlerjugend as they assault Vimont (Shermans <25% = + 25VP)

******BLUE TASK******

WP 1

07:45 AM Support Maj Gen Keller CDN 8thBgd/3rd Div attack on Colombeiles Steelworks - Destroy at least 25 Buildings = 25 Victory Points

WP 2

08:15 AM Support Gen Roberts 23rd Hussairs of 11th Army Bgd attack on Cagny. Destroy Hauptmann Kuron, 21st Panzer Division Flak defense & Panther (15 Victory points) Destroy 16th Luft artillary Group SE Bourguebus supporting Hpt kuron's entrenched forces. (10 Victory points)

WP 3

Forces of the 5th Armoured Brigade are entrenched at Vimont..The 12th SS is advancing along the rail-line from South East.

Support Maj gen Adair and defend Sherman line from advancing Tiger tanks (Tigers <25% =+ 25 VP)

Dogs of War WWII PvP_PvE OPERATION GOODWOODv1.1.miz

Edited by dooom
uploaded v.1.1

ASUS Tuf Gaming Pro x570 / AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @ 3.8 / XFX Radeon 6900 XT / 64 GB DDR4 3200 

"This was not in the Manual I did not read", cried the Noob" - BMBM, WWIIOL

let me know how it goes... if the AI is too much just delete a few of them.

ASUS Tuf Gaming Pro x570 / AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @ 3.8 / XFX Radeon 6900 XT / 64 GB DDR4 3200 

Sorry guys... an error in awarding VP for blue was reported for WP2/Submission#2. This has been fixed.

Tried this last night with 4 squad mates - two major issues:

1 - several Su-27 were spawned as Canadian units

2 - as mission host my performance degraded as we flew until after half an hour I had half second stutters every second on an i5 7900 with 16gb RAM & a GTX 1070Ti

su27??? hooly crap. I'll take a look.

** Just looked... can confirm there are no Su-27 in the mission at all... i checked every single unit. **

What is your system specs? - the only script running is MIST checking to respawn the AI.

Edited by dooom