VEAO ends all their DCS development

QuiGon

From Facebook:

Dear VEAO Customers,

We regret to inform you that we are ceasing development of all DCS modules effective immediately. This was a very difficult decision to make - our aim was always to provide high quality content and support for the DCS platform, however due to reasons beyond our control, continuing to partner with Eagle Dynamics is no longer a viable option for us.

We want to thank all of you who supported us and our products and we apologise for any disappointment this announcement may have caused. We are so lucky to have been a part of this amazing community for the past thirteen plus years, and are very sorry that our time as a business has come to an end.

Thank you once again,

Chris, Pete + VEAO team

Source: https://www.facebook.com/veaosimulations/posts/2153465558037833

Does this mean the Hawk will not see any more updates?

Hi, we aren’t planning any incremental updates at this point other than bug fixes as / when they are done.

All the major update work will come as part of the rework.

Pman

[11-09-2018, 07:18 PM]

And what about the P-40F Kittyhawk? All the good work for nothing?

This is really sad news :(

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They should refund everyone who bought the Hawk.

And especially those who bought the P-40F as they got absolutly nothing.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

Ah, I see, keep the new outfit going (Bluesky FS) but wind up VEAO so they don't have to keep chucking money at it OR pay out to refund those that pre-purchased the P-40 all those years ago.

Nice.

Oh, I see. So that's what's happening with all the work that has been done on the P-40F: https://www.facebook.com/blueskyflightsimulations/posts/2181995068743292

Tornado3 small.jpg

I think ED takes the module under their wing but I would still love to see this happen.

I'd like to see them release the code for the Hawk so we can allow our talented community of modders fix it and bring it up to snuff.

Intel i5-8600k | EVGA RTX 3070 | Windows 10 | 32GB RAM @3600 MHz | 500 GB Samsung 850 SSD

I think ED takes the module under their wing but I would still love to see this happen.

I kinda doubt that.

Doubt it, as they said on their facebook it was going down 4/5 days ago while they're revamping it.

Still, they've not yet responded to any comments on the VEAO page or bothered to make an official post here. Says a lot.

They have always been very responsive on the forums here though.

Tornado3 small.jpg

Sad news indeed :( ... I own the Hawk since December 2014, it was the first non-ED module that I've purchased; tough I must admit that I've flown her very little, as its cockpit was not really on the same class as other DCS aircrafts.

Because of this, even if it wasn't too expensive (US$ 28 at the time), I still feel that I didn't get my money's worth on this one ... the very similar C101 has been a very different experience, as I've flown her a lot, its cockpit is really nice and it's a fun little aircraft to fly, even if unarmed.

I will cross my fingers, hoping that Aviodev doesn't follow the same path, as that would really hurt me much more than the loss of the Hawk :(

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

I think ED pulls it from the store, TBH.

They won't have much choice but to do that. Even if only just looked at from a support standpoint for the module, unless ED get ownership of the entire code/assets and it becomes theirs to maintain.

Still, hope the people who were working for Ells and Chris are looked after.

The guys doing external textures for VEAO were very skilled and put out some good stuff they should be proud of.

Edited by Buzzles
I think ED pulls it from the store, TBH.

I, for one, would be for this move as well.

Side bar: I also think developing for DCS is different and more complex than developing for FSX or similar products, esp. considering the PFM/AFM/EFM requirements that these other sims don't have. Here's a quote from Chizh I jotted down a while ago, but this seems to hit the nail on the head in this context: Chizh on the question as to why DCS development seems slower and slower: "Slower than 20 years ago? - Yes. The slowdown is primarily due to increased requirements for quality. Very few modelers are able to provide it."

Edited by rrohde

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Question, and if this is confidential business contract stuff I understand. Would ED theoretically have access to the code to finish the module? If there are people buying it during the sale I think they might get a little upset to find out it's never going to be finished. Their FB post was pretty clear.

I really like the Hawk module. The new cockpit is gorgeous.

I'm going to have to concur with the previous posters, this should probably be pulled. If a bunch a people are buying over the weekend to find out development just ended. ED and Veao could be on the hook for litigation. Not to mention leaving a very bad taste in their mouths from a customer service perspective. Sorry if this isn't my lane, but I think we all want DCS to be successful.

Maybe ED will take it under their wing and finish it.

There must be a whole bunch of players like myself, who would have happily stumped up the cash for the aircraft, but avoided it like the plague because of the issues.

If ED took it on, would be a viable product that I'm guessing many would then buy.

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.