RAZBAAM AV-8B Harrier Community Thoughts Poll

frixon28

Questionnaire

This is purely based on my readings of the AV-8B Harrier thread, RAZBAAM Facebook Page and my speculations. NONE OF THIS IS OFFICIAL IN ANY WHICH WAY. This is mostly just for general knowledge and trying to get people more into the upcoming AV-8B Harrier module!

I am very sorry if I offend anyone with this post or poll, I have never done anything like this before and I decided I just wanted to see how the community reacts to things like this.

QUESTION 1, Would you buy an AV-8B Harrier Module

A = Yes

B = No

C = Depends how good the F/A-18C is

QUESTION 2, How long do you honestly believe before the Harrier will be introduced?(No disrespects to RAZBAAM you guys are great!)

A = By the end of 2016

B = 12 Months

C = 18 Months

QUESTION 3, Are you more excited for the AT-27 Tucano that is supposed to be released by the end of this year, or waiting some more time for the AV-8B?

A = AT-27

B = AV-8B

C = Who said the AT-27 would be released soon!

Question 4, Do you see the AV-8B having a place in DCS World?

A = Yes, it will add some very interesting gameplay features to DCS

B = It is a niche aircraft in real life and will be in DCS

C = It is unique but it does nothing the FA-18C won't do, in fact it won't do anything nearly as good as the F/A-18C

Question 5, Do you really hope RAZBAAM will soon turn a large amount of its research and development into the highly complex AV-8B?

A = Yes, RAZBAAM needs to finish up the AT-27 and start full work on the AV-8B ASAP!

B = No, the AV-8B is still highly classified (as are all the 4th gen fighters) and will take a very long time to make, don't get your hopes up for it!

EDIT 1 - Sorry I messed up the creation of the poll and I will just post some questions above because I do not know how to edit one in sorry! If you want to let your opinion know just reply your answers in the thread! Sorry for confusion!

Edited by frixon28

Where is the poll? I don't see it.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Sorry QuiGon I messed it up quite badly!

Alright, now I see it :)

A = Yes

B = No

C = Depends how good the F/A-18C is

QUESTION 2, How long do you honestly believe before the Harrier will be introduced?(No disrespects to RAZBAAM you guys are great!)

A = By the end of 2016

B = 12 Months

C = 18 Months

Somewhere around that I guess. But it is really too early to say.

QUESTION 3, Are you more excited for the AT-27 Tucano that is supposed to be released by the end of this year, or waiting some more time for the AV-8B?

A = AT-27

B = AV-8B

C = Who said the AT-27 would be released soon!

B = It is a niche aircraft in real life and will be in DCS

C = It is unique but it does nothing the FA-18C won't do, in fact it won't do anything nearly as good as the F/A-18C

Question 5, Do you really hope RAZBAAM will soon turn a large amount of its research and development into the highly complex AV-8B?

A = Yes, RAZBAAM needs to finish up the AT-27 and start full work on the AV-8B ASAP!

B = No, the AV-8B is still highly classified (as are all the 4th gen fighters) and will take a very long time to make, don't get your hopes up for it!

Edited by QuiGon
Answered question 2

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

1: Yes

2: No clue, so none.

3: AV-8B, c'mon VTOL is just plain cool!

4: Difficult question, the Harrier certainly brings some unique functionality but will mission designers utilise its VTOL capability to have it stationed closer to the front? I remember seeing old reports from Cold War exercises where that was the main strength of the platform, basicly operating from gras fields few miles behind the front line. TL;DR VTOL should be sufficent to make it utilitarian.

5: Not sure what you mean with this one., are you referring to the AV-8B+?

Edited by Skjold

1: A = Yes

2: C = more like 18 Months. But maybe they will surprise me.

3: B = AV-8B

4: Tough one. I tend to say A = Yes, it will add some very interesting gameplay features to DCS

5: ....meh. Can't answer that one. I tend to say "A", but to me the answer is:

If they are confident they can pull it off in 2017/2018, yeah, then go for the AV-8B

Thank you all for your responses and please continue to add your thoughts in the comments!

-QuiGon =Hi I was referring to how long do you think until Air to Ground Radar's are introduced into DCS. The first one in game is supposed to be the F/A-18C's

-WinterH = Hi I am just wondering what the community thinks on the upcoming AV-8B module and their opinions on some subjects. All for just general knowledge and fun...so to answer your question no real point!

-Skjold = Hi, while I have no experience with modeling its safe to say its very complex, especially on US 4th Generation/Currently in service aircraft. While of course we are getting an older Marine Harrier it still is 1980/90 and is really hard to find data on

RAZBAM is working on the AV-8B NA, not the AV-8B Plus. That being said, the AV-8B NA doesn't have a radar AFAIK, no need to get worried about that. :)

Edited by Darkbrotherhood7

Mission: "To intercept and destroy aircraft and airborne missiles in all weather conditions in order to establish and maintain air superiority in a designated area. To deliver air-to-ground ordnance on time in any weather condition. And to provide tactical reconaissance imagery" - F-14 Tomcat Roll Call

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Q1

=A

I will most likely get it maby not on day one (Depends on the money i have at the time and if there are any other modules i want more at the time) but i will get it for sure.

Q2

The base harrier we are getting will not be equipped with a Radar (though they have said we might get a radar equipped AV-8B+ Later onces the radar functionality comes)

but the first/primary AV-8B we are getting will not have a radar.

Q3

= B.

Far more interested in the AV-8B since it will bring some new capabilities and will be a interesting little attack aircraft where as im personally not that interested in trainers.

Q4

=A.

It will be a interested and unique aircraft and will probably be very usefull sure it wont be as fast as a F/A-18 or as rugged as the A-10 and it will have a far smaller weaponsload then either but i think it will be a very interested and effective aircraft none the less.

Q5

They are working on both aircraft at the same time (as well as a number of others)

Since not all Razbam members are working on a single aircraft and many (if not most) devs have areas they are specialized on within the development of an aircraft/module and once they are done with what they are specialized at they move on to another aircraft since they might not be able to contribute any more to the current aircraft (at that stage) and no point in having them sit idle when they can work on something else.

So there are many projects worked on at the same time without really slowing them down all that much.

A = Yes

No answer, From what I understand of RAZBAM they want to release two modules per year and the M-2000 and AT-27 are what was planned for this year. So I'm just hoping for a 2017 release on the Harrier.

B = AV-8B

AT-27 should be a cool module too and if the Super Tucano comes out with it eventually it could be great fun, but in the end I'm still a bigger fan of the Harrier.

No answer. RAZBAM is a large enough team that they can work on multiple aircraft and I am quite happy with the way they are currently handling things. I'm fully confident we'll get a great full release module of everything they have planned.

It's a fair answer. I have no intent of buying nearly any of the modules currently in development because they simply don't interest me.

As for the original question,

1) Yes, excluding BST, it is one of only two modules in development I look forwards to.

2) I'd guess a year or more.

3) I wouldn't buy the AT-27 for $1.

4) Yes, but I'm looking at it from the standpoint of an attack helicopter pilot.

5) Not sure what this is asking. I don't think the AV-8B will present a problem if that's what you mean.

System specs: i5-10600k (4.9 GHz), RX 6950XT, 32GB DDR4 3200, NVMe SSD, Reverb G2, WinWing Super Libra/Taurus, CH Pro Pedals.

-QuiGon =Hi I was referring to how long do you think until Air to Ground Radar's are introduced into DCS. The first one in game is supposed to be the F/A-18C's

I somehow doubt the F/A-18 will be the first A-G radar we will see in DCS ;)

Tornado3 small.jpg

I somehow doubt the F/A-18 will be the first A-G radar we will see in DCS ;)

#Viggen

It will be the first Modern A-G radar though that has all the abilities alot of ppl (fans of the F-16 etc) expect from a air-ground radar.

Since the Viggen A-G Radar is of an older type.