TERMINATE DCS

Xilon_x

I, as an Italian virtual pilot, feel offended ......

you told me that my ideas are ridiculous

and you told me I'm a troll

I have bought all the modules of dcs honoring your program with honor but I do not intend to be treated in this way because it is not education in respect of special features of one who speaks another language.

Please stop

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

The Italian has a right to his or her opinion.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

N.1 I'm not a troll.

but do you think that we Italians are so ignorant that we can not plan a simulator on our own?

without using super computers I show you an Italian simulation programmed on a simple app.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=it.rortos.panlite&hl=it ----------------su sistema android

https://itunes.apple.com/it/app/frecce-tricolori-fs-pro/id1116182293?mt=8 ------------- su sistema ios

mobile "sims" better than DCS?

^^^^

Although my reaction in general to the nature of this thead

Sure lets cancel dcs because it doesnt every every single feature( many of them ridiculous) that 1 person wants.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

...or the Nazi spaceship ....still , in his defense , i do enjoy his photo essays .

yeah, like in BF1942-Forgotten_Hope mod, that secretly hidden Haunebu was fun, haha

delete this thread, from A-Z...please. There is nothing to see...move on :pilotfly::pilotfly:

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

Nah, please continue. As I said, whatever passes the time.

please no, I beg of you

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

I have bought all the modules of dcs honoring your program with honor but I do not intend to be treated in this way because it is not education in respect of special features of one who speaks another language.

Sorry your feelings have been hurt......

....bye Felicia.....

felicia.jpg.b5250324419b149840061f2ff78d55f7.jpg

But what did you expect with that Thread title? .. if you dont understand english well enough then you could stick to the Italian subforum.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

As pointed out above, your thread title & OP come across to native English speakers as negative and provocative, and your idea that because some very niche areas are missing (though a couple of the things you've said are missing are not) the sim should be abandoned is neither constructive nor realistic.

You have a right to express your wishes (though why you would wish to deny everyone else the ability to fly DCS & call on E.D. to terminate their business because you personally have niggles about their product is beyond me).

If you express them carelessly, people have a right to be offended.

You did, they are.

Edit:

-possibility of a world map and long-range missions-----------------------------------------NEGATIVE

True there is no world map, but it's not a Far Cry map - there's no destruct mechanism if you leave the map's populated area. If you're prepared to air start, you can start any distance from the target & refuel on the way in as many times as you want.

I have entered the coordinates on the F-18, taken off from Iran & landed in Kabul...

-possibility of using all types of weapons including weapons of mass destruction.---------NEGATIVE

WMD already exist (in a variety of forms), and can be further simulated with triggers. All other weapon types except chemical and biological are already able to be added, and those two could again be affected using triggers or scripts.

-possibility of even exceeding the earth's atmosphere will reach the space with the U-2 type airplanes.---NEGATIVE

There's noting in the simulation of the atmosphere, flight models or propulsion in DCS that stops this.

You could have a U-2 in DCS if someone made a module, there's just no use for it.

There's also nothing to stop you modelling an X-15 & getting your astronaut badge if you want to, just no one with the skills thinks it's a good idea.

Edited by Weta43

Cheers.

You are wrong...

my DESIRE and TERMINARE DCS as a project and start again with a new project that creates the simulation of a real world war with missions of every kind of every kind and every destructive proportion. people from a simulator do not want peace do not want to see censorship people just want to simulate WAR in all its forms of violence, blood and destruction.

First of all, ED has said already that their ultimate goal in terms of the terrain is the Earth, this is technically not achievable yet when you combine terrain fidelity and detail with the processing power of commercial PC hardware. There is other simulation computer software that offers this type of experience in low fidelity, low terrain resolution. DCS is fundamentally different by design.

Seaplanes can be used if created by either ED or third party. If there was a market to justify resources and effort.

Weapons of mass destruction - see MiG-21, again something that can be included so the possibility is there.

"Our dream is to offer the most authentic and realistic simulation of military aircraft, tanks, ground vehicles and ships possible." - http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com -- I believe SAM simulation is the scope of Combined Arms.

U-2 exceeding Earth atmosphere - the day this happens most DCS users will stop using it. First, get your facts straight about atmosphere layers, then read at least basic U-2 capabilities.

U-Boats or other submarine warfare is the pretty much same case as with the seaplanes. I believe there would also need to be improved EDGE to account for underwater operations. However, the possibility is there.

So, if you take all that, I am glad you are not in charge if DCS, as terminating this "project" and starting a new one would put us exactly in the same spot.

See with the progression that DCS has made through all these years is not the case of one "project". It is, in fact, continuous development and improvement effort of a piece of software that has its objectives, goals, dreams and most importantly tremendous achievements.

I understand you are not a native English speaker but nevertheless, everything you said is simply not valid.

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

I don't think they'd have to replace the game engine to take advantage of these things. I'm sure that over time more features will be added and eventually as technology increases they might make a newer engine that does!

MS Win7 Pro x64, Intel i7-6700K 4.0Ghz, Corsair RAM 16Gb,EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW GAMING ACX 3.0, w/ Adjustable RGB LED Graphics Card 08G-P4-6286-KR, Creative Labs SB X-FI Titanium Fatal1ty Champ PCIe Sound Card, Corsair Neutron XTI 1TB SSD, TM Warthog Throttle & Stick, TM TPR Pedels, Oculus Rift VR Headset CV1, Klipsch Promedia 4.1 Speakers...

With regards to SAMs, I'm fairly certain that you can already do some of this, at least with IR SAMs, in Combined Arms. I haven't played around with it in a while, but I distinctly remember when CA was first released, I made a quick mission and played around with shooting down helicopters using one of the vehicles that had SAM capability (I think it was the M-6).

You speak on behalf of all Italians?

No, he/she does not‼

Planes: FC3, Spitfire, Harrier, F-14, F-18, MiG-21, Edge 540 - Helicopters: UH-1H, Mi-8 - Environments: Persian Gulf, Supercarrier

PC specs in the spoiler

I run DCS 2.7 using:

MasterWatt 550 semi-fanless and semi-modular, core i7-3770 (4 cores @ 3.8 GHz) with 8 GB DDR3, GTX1050 Ti (768 cores @ 1.8 GHz) with 4 GB GDDR5, 5.1 sound card, 240 GB SSD, Windows 8.1T.16000M FCS Flight Pack (i. e. stick+throttle+rudder pedals), opentrack head trakcer

mobile "sims" better than DCS?

^^^^

Although my reaction in general to the nature of this thead

Sure lets cancel dcs because it doesnt every every single feature( many of them ridiculous) that 1 person wants.

Of course! Makes perfect sense! He paid his Lira!

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

you gotta love this guy!:)

Yeah but who would we have a laugh at then?

As pointed out above, your thread title & OP come across to native English speakers as negative and provocative, and your idea that because some very niche areas are missing (though a couple of the things you've said are missing are not) the sim should be abandoned is neither constructive nor realistic.

You have a right to express your wishes (though why you would wish to deny everyone else the ability to fly DCS & call on E.D. to terminate their business because you personally have niggles about their product is beyond me).

If you express them carelessly, people have a right to be offended.

You did, they are.

Edit:

True there is no world map, but it's not a Far Cry map - there's no destruct mechanism if you leave the map's populated area. If you're prepared to air start, you can start any distance from the target & refuel on the way in as many times as you want.

I have entered the coordinates on the F-18, taken off from Iran & landed in Kabul...

WMD already exist (in a variety of forms), and can be further simulated with triggers. All other weapon types except chemical and biological are already able to be added, and those two could again be affected using triggers or scripts.

There's noting in the simulation of the atmosphere, flight models or propulsion in DCS that stops this.

You could have a U-2 in DCS if someone made a module, there's just no use for it.

There's also nothing to stop you modelling an X-15 & getting your astronaut badge if you want to, just no one with the skills thinks it's a good idea.

While I appreciate your attempt to bring logic into this... :music_whistling:

But I am intrigued about the whole air-starting off the map, is there some guide on how to do that?

This guy is special, can we keep him?

Thats a big +1 here!

:)