Setting the TPD Lasing Code

Captain Orso

I cannot find how to set the TPD Lasing Code so that I can lase my own target for a GBU drop.

Any tips?

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, I did that. When I return to TPOD page, the code it shows at the top, below OSB 7 is still '1111'.

AFAIK under DMT the code you set is only for receiving. So if JTAC is lasing on '1234', you enter it there under DMT to have LMAV's and GBU's to target on that code.

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

Nah, it's all the same laser code. In the DMT, LST, LMAV pages all have the same code. Should go to the TPOD also.

Aurora R7 || i7K 8700K || 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s || 2TB M.2 PCIe x4 SSD || GTX 1080 Ti with 11GB GDDR5X || Windows 10 Pro || 32GB Dual Channel DDR4 at 2667MHz || Virpil Warbird Base || Virpil T-50 Stick || Virpil MT-50 Throttle || Thrustmaster TPR Pedals || Oculus Rift

If it didn't show in the TPOD then either:

1. You didn't hit ENT after entering the new code.

2. You went to the DMT page with the HOTAS instead of through the OSB buttons.

I noticed that if you go direct to DMT with the HOTAS commands, the CODE selection is automatically boxed but cannot be changed unless you unbox it and then box it again.

Sooooo, if before I even press the TPOD OSB, I go into DMT and set the code, when I start the TPOD, the code is correct -- yea!! :cheer3nc:

I don't think I would forget to press enter on the UFC, simply from all the practice I've had on entering data there :)

But I think I'm still missing something. So, since I'm still only doing training exercises, once I have my target tracked in TPOD CCD or IR, I press SAFE to unlock the laser, then FIRE and let it lase away, while I'm un-caging a GBU-16 and getting CCRP lined up. I figure, with a GBU the craziness that is (the current) CCRP shouldn't make much difference, bc... the darn thing dropping from well above 10k feet will allow for a few 10's of feet offset at the drop point.... but monitoring the TPOD in the MPCD, I never see a hit; not even close :huh:

What might I have bunked-up this time? :huh:

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler

I haven't had any problems entering the code recently....

If you press CODE on the EHSD page it works.

But on the LMAV page it does not.

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

Is your TGP laser in the correct mode? There is safe, training, mark and lase. Only the last one actually guides the bomb.

Yeah, that was the last issue :doh: ...... :D

I was forgetting to change the lasing mode to LASR :doh:

Now I'm getting bombs through the commander's hatch :D

THANKS FOR ALL THE HELPS!! :thumbup:

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler

Along the same line as the OP... ive hade an issue with GBU delivery.

Code is "1111", delivery is CIP or AUT, and no shack.

I change the code and nothing. However, should I hit the button left of fire, (laser range or something) then I get good shacks.

I wonder...did I miss an update?

NATOPS is blank on weapons, Chuck hasn't updated since Sep. 18......

Delivery is consistent. Angels 20, 8Nm to target.

Gigabyte Tech. 990FXA-UD3, AMD FX-8350 8 Core, 16 Gig RAM @ 2200 Mhz, Radeon X480, Oculus Rift

Along the same line as the OP... ive hade an issue with GBU delivery.

Code is "1111", delivery is CIP or AUT, and no shack.

I change the code and nothing. However, should I hit the button left of fire, (laser range or something) then I get good shacks.

I wonder...did I miss an update?

NATOPS is blank on weapons, Chuck hasn't updated since Sep. 18......

Delivery is consistent. Angels 20, 8Nm to target.

Track file please!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

On the TPOD page, at the top, after having set the code and put the carrot on target:

- press OSB 6 SAFE to get ARMED

- press OSB 9 TRNL twice to get LASR

when your are ready to lase

- press OSB 8 FIRE to get FIRE

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler

Track file please!

Cpy. I was quite...um...."high" during the run in question so I'll save you the WTF moments. I'm better than that.

ATM I have responsibilities to attend to. I'll get a .trk after a few hours. SOBER track.

Edit: Yeah. I, uh...... was "high". Carry on.

Edited by Mecrutio

Gigabyte Tech. 990FXA-UD3, AMD FX-8350 8 Core, 16 Gig RAM @ 2200 Mhz, Radeon X480, Oculus Rift