ARK-UD broken ? - ED Forums

Notices

Old 02-10-2019, 09:47 AM   #1
kzial

Default ARK-UD broken ?

I think that ARK-UD / R828 are broken.

I tried on custom mission and 'the border' campaign and I cannot manage to get a signal neither with ark nor R828 (the 'narrow' light never lit).

I've followed every step of the manual as well as youtube videos of the same missions.

Does anyone else has this problem?
kzial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 12:59 PM   #2
kzial

After some investigations it turns out that the ark signal is lost as soon as I use any radio comm (even R863).

Is it a bug or do I miss something ?
Old 02-10-2019, 01:17 PM   #3
Andy1966

Hello, I just flew a mission last night with Ark-ud and it worked ok. with the 828 radio, I'm not sure.
We are Virtual Pilots, a growing International Squad of pilots, we fly Allies in WWII and Red Force in Korea and Modern combat. We are recruiting like minded people of all Nationalities and skill levels.
http://virtual-pilots.com/
Andy1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 10:12 AM   #4
gulredrel

Something similar to my problem with self created beacon in MiG-15.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=230714

Unfortunately I haven't got an answer there. UH-1 seem to have similar problems.

Whom could we PM these issues? So that ED / BST could have a closer look?
gulredrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 12:16 AM   #5
Andy1966

Quote:
Originally Posted by kzial View Post
After some investigations it turns out that the ark signal is lost as soon as I use any radio comm (even R863).

Is it a bug or do I miss something ?
the radio/nav. systems in Mi-8 are simple yet complex, if you can understand what I mean. The Ark-ud needs a beacon (set in mission editor) to home in on, and it needs to be set to one of six Freqs. 114.166, 114.555, 114.583, 121.5, 121.1, 124.1. plus it has a limited range, 30-40 Km and is line of sight dependent. there is a bug that is present, where, if you are tuning a radio, it disrupts the one you are listening to, but it doesn't change the settings of it. be advised if you use simple comms, that every time you change channels with the radio menu, you must set the master radio back to the radio you wish to have in your headphones. Hope this helps.
We are Virtual Pilots, a growing International Squad of pilots, we fly Allies in WWII and Red Force in Korea and Modern combat. We are recruiting like minded people of all Nationalities and skill levels.
http://virtual-pilots.com/
Andy1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 12:44 AM   #6
kzial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy1966 View Post
the radio/nav. systems in Mi-8 are simple yet complex, if you can understand what I mean. The Ark-ud needs a beacon (set in mission editor) to home in on, and it needs to be set to one of six Freqs. 114.166, 114.555, 114.583, 121.5, 121.1, 124.1. plus it has a limited range, 30-40 Km and is line of sight dependent. there is a bug that is present, where, if you are tuning a radio, it disrupts the one you are listening to, but it doesn't change the settings of it. be advised if you use simple comms, that every time you change channels with the radio menu, you must set the master radio back to the radio you wish to have in your headphones. Hope this helps.
I see what you mean but i don't use simple comms. To be clearer, i'm in the same situation as gulredrel: i'm on the farp, ground power pluged, i tune the ark-ud, i receive the signal (green light) and when i say that i loose contact with the signal i mean that the green light of the ark turns off as soon as i call the ATC for startup with the other radio which is a completely independent radio system.

When i see gulredrel post, i think that all ADF systems are bugged right now
Old 02-13-2019, 12:57 PM   #7
Whisper

Quote:
Originally Posted by kzial View Post
I see what you mean but i don't use simple comms. To be clearer, i'm in the same situation as gulredrel: i'm on the farp, ground power pluged, i tune the ark-ud, i receive the signal (green light) and when i say that i loose contact with the signal i mean that the green light of the ark turns off as soon as i call the ATC for startup with the other radio which is a completely independent radio system.

When i see gulredrel post, i think that all ADF systems are bugged right now
Andy answered in his post :
Quote:
there is a bug that is present, where, if you are tuning a radio, it disrupts the one you are listening to, but it doesn't change the settings of it.
That's regardless of simple or advanced comms settings used
Whisper is offline   Reply With Quote