DCS: F-14 Cold and Dark (Startup Video)

Cobra847

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you. Been waiting in this one the most. Great video too.

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

a question regarding the refueling . I have the feeling that he goes out too fast? is that real too? Compared to the f18, it is slow.

Thx greets mike

System

Hydro H115i with 8700k @ 4,9 ghz all cores, Asus strix Z370 f, 32gb ddr4 3600Mhz, Asusrog swift 34 gsync ,Vr hp Reverb .Palit gaming pro 2080 ti Thrustmaster Warthog f18grip and th pedal

Steamvr ss 100% and dcs world ss 180%

tomcat eats the viper for breakfast :P

Lange lebe die Tomcat": Long live the Cat!

Whoa, is the RIO assisted startup available like this in any mission or is it only a training mission? I mean mainly the highlighting of the switches.

Do, or do not, there is no try.

--------------------------------------------------------

Sapphire Nitro+ Rx Vega 64, i7 4790K ... etc. etc.

Great ! We needed a good tutorial for next Wednesday !

next wednesday???? its a 21st march release date buddy, as ed have to approve, and can take 2-3 weeks to get the thumbs up for general release to the general public, as it happened to razbams mig19 and its been 3 weeks since it was to be released.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I wonder, how long did the approval for the Viggen release take?

Edit: Probably two weeks

Edited by b1n4ry

edbanner_new.png
AMD R5 3600 @ 4,5GHz, ASUS TUF RTX 3070 Ti, MSI Tomahawk B450 MAX, 32GB G.Skill Aegis DDR4-3200, Liquid Freezer II 280, Corsair HXi Series HX750i

next wednesday???? its a 21st march release date buddy, as ed have to approve, and can take 2-3 weeks to get the thumbs up for general release to the general public, as it happened to razbams mig19 and its been 3 weeks since it was to be released.

Hey bud, I think ED as already approved the date, remember Wags post: “later this month”

But I am just waiting and hoping for a confirmation though :pilotfly:

It’s 4 weeks away top

If Cobra's team has done this correctly, (btw huge fan, not dissing at all because you guys know a lot more than me), the chances are slim, but if they do pull it off, on release date if the Tomcat is near perfect for it's current state, and there isn't any major bugs. They gonna pull in big bucks with purchases after that. Correct me if I'm wrong but I would rather have an incomplete product that works near perfectly, than one with a lot of features that has massive issues (not gonna mention any names, [harrier, hornet]). The thing I've heard from most people on why they didn't pre-order was the fact that the last two Major releases we're garbage at launch and had to be fixed ALOT before their current state of goodness (except the harrier, that thing is screwed at this point). I've already pre-ordered so now all I can do is wait, and hope for a good launch with no major bugs. Good-luck, Heatblur Simulations, in this build and hopefully you guys have a near flawless launch and all the hard-work get's paidoff. ~DeltaXrayBravo

Awesome stuff! Jester assisted start-up is going make learning the ins and outs of the pilot's cockpit so much easier.

A couple of questions:

1st: For those of us who do not use voice attack, how do we confirm our "checks" with Jester. Via the radial menu?

2nd: There was one little thing in the start-up that left me scratching my head a little bit. The part after Jabbers does the wingsweep test where he sets the wings to auto, and says there is no indications so we have to trust the wings are in auto. Why do the wings not sweep to auto? Why is there no indication? When he is on the threshold he pushes the wings all the way forward and sets them to auto again? Not sure what is going on here, hopefully someone can explain the procedure and why it is like it is. :)

Edited by OnlyforDCS

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.