Probably easy derpy question RE: EP-13

Peally

This is probably really simple, but a buddy of mine has been flying the Viggen without a TrackIR. Is there a control in the list to snap to looking down the EP-13 for Maverick deployment or is it a matter of potentially setting up a custom snap view? Just curious since Mavs are such a handy tool and we're still learning this puppy.

Thanks!

Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

I am currently looking into making an option to disable the collimation effect of that display for users that don’t have Track-IR (and also people having issues with it using VR). Currently the only sulotion is to use snap-view for users without head tracking unfortunately.

DCS AJS37 HACKERMAN

There will always be bugs. If everything is a priority nothing is.

I need to check again this evening to give a detailed description. Generally, it does not behave as to be expected from a collimated picture. From the top of my head I remember to specific characteristics:

1. The picture is focused at the plane of the sight, not in infinity.

2. The left eye and the right eye do not see the same thing even from the same position (which they should). Reproduction: Close left eye and remember image seen by right eye. Then switch eyes. Move head to position left eye to exactly the same place right eye was. You see will see a different image even though you should see the same thing.

I need to check again this evening to give a detailed description. Generally, it does not behave as to be expected from a collimated picture. From the top of my head I remember to specific characteristics:

1. The picture is focused at the plane of the sight, not in infinity.

2. The left eye and the right eye do not see the same thing even from the same position (which they should). Reproduction: Close left eye and remember image seen by right eye. Then switch eyes. Move head to position left eye to exactly the same place right eye was. You see will see a different image even though you should see the same thing.

1. is correct. The image is not projected to infinity in reality.

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

I have the game open now, but it is actually extremely hard to describe what is wrong with the sight. It just seems weird. Here is what I observe.

When leaning in, the angular size of the picture seems to get smaller, when leaning out the angular size gets bigger.

Having only the left eye open and leaning in straight on the sight, the picture wanders to the right. The movement seems to increase exponentially the closer you get (but is overall rather small).

Having only the right eye open and leaning in straight on the sight, the picture wanders to the left. The movement does not mirror the left eye but is rather considerable bigger overall.

As mentioned above, in a normal head position the picture is focused on the plain of the EP-13 sight. As you move your head closer, the plain of focus of the image seems to come out of the sight and move closer to your head.

And having played around with it for 15 minutes, I now feel sick and have a headache...

... Currently the only sulotion is to use snap-view for users without head tracking unfortunately.

Ive never used snap view ... and this killed my interest for the Maverick's ... never had enough hands for cockpit and weapon control .... :megalol:

Sorry for my very knoob question, but how do I do this?

I want to press ... lets say F12 to have the view aligned correctly with that cross hair ...

Visit https://www.viggen.training
...Viggen... what more can you ask for?

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1

Ive never used snap view ... and this killed my interest for the Maverick's ... never had enough hands for cockpit and weapon control .... :megalol:

Sorry for my very knoob question, but how do I do this?

I want to press ... lets say F12 to have the view aligned correctly with that cross hair ...

Do you have the Mi-8?

In the manual for it, page 405.

• Like 1

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

Mi-8? :megalol:

Sir, I am using Viggen!! :D

That's no excuse I have the manual for every module :smartass:

I went to paste the text but the forum lost the formatting and it was a mess, but the manual can be downloaded through ED here: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/downloads/documentation/magnificent_eight_flight_manual/

Page 405 does indeed cover the topic!

Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

That's no excuse I have the manual for every module :smartass:

I went to paste the text but the forum lost the formatting and it was a mess, but the manual can be downloaded through ED here: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/downloads/documentation/magnificent_eight_flight_manual/

Page 405 does indeed cover the topic!

Haha, OK Sir, I see! No excuses here! :P

Thanks for the info, I didn't know about the manuals! :thumbup:

Visit https://www.viggen.training
...Viggen... what more can you ask for?

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1