Top Posters In This Topic

@Rush and Gaanalma

No AWACS guys.

Available fighters are

Su-27

MiG-29

F15

Mirage 2000

We wanted to add the Su-33 but teams must swap sides after each round for terrain based tactical matters plus the Su-33 is available to Russia only. Hence it won't be featured. Moreover, there is almost nothing an Su-33 does combat wise that the 27 can't do better.

USAF Aggressor have second Su-33 ;)

[sIGPIC]index.php?action=dlattach;topic=17112.0;attach=7646;image[/sIGPIC]

www.36stormovirtuale.net

I'm building a relatively simple script for our training mission that automatically applies bubble rules to all aircrafts in the mission. It's not finished yet and as with coding I can't say when it's ready and how well it's going to work but I can offer it to be used for the competition mission if it provides some advantage over the ME trigger logic.

DCS Finland: Suomalainen DCS yhteisö -- Finnish DCS community

--------------------------------------------------

SF Squadron

I'm building a relatively simple script for our training mission that automatically applies bubble rules to all aircrafts in the mission. It's not finished yet and as with coding I can't say when it's ready and how well it's going to work but I can offer it to be used for the competition mission if it provides some advantage over the ME trigger logic.

Yeah, the scripting is better, do it in ME is a pain in the .... :pilotfly:

It means that if someone run out of fuel or winchester, have to RTB out of the bubble?

If you're low on fuel, you can rtb and exit the bubble but you won't be able to enter back in again, any attempt will blow up the jet.

Is this 5 min rule only applied to the start of the round ie. if the bandits don't show up inside the bubble 5 min after you have entered, they will lose? Bandits who have left the bubble are permanently out of the fight so you shouldn't need to wait in that case. You could send solo ship into the bubble to fulfill the rule and scramble the rest only when necessary to possibly buy big advantage in fuel.

There's also possibility to land on a road and wait for the bandits to run out of fuel and then take-off again. I suppose there's going to be some kind of system or rule to prevent this also?

The 5mn rule applies throughout the round. First team able to deny all bandits from entering the bubble for 5mn while having at least one of theirs inside the bubble wins.

The potential exploit you described is possible, at least on paper but I think its hard to achieve. Its up to the team that controls the airspace to deny it to any enemy aircraft and thats the beauty of the CAP game. It's very tactical and this is the way it's meant to be.

Landing on a road for a barbecue to save fuel will get my attention and firm answer, i don't think a trigger is needed in this case.

Landings show on Tacview like the sun so it would br easily detectable :)

Flanker, what time will the event?

Event will start at 1800z and we sill go through the first round matches, all running at the same time. We will have 5 available servers thanks to our awesome partners.

I think the SU-33 should go, the difference in missiles (two more), is the same in case of fuel with the F-15, that can take three tanks and stay in the air in combat for more time. Unless there is a prohibition to F-15 to carry only one tank!

Let's vote, who wants Su27 vs F15 only and who wants Mirage, MIG29 and su33 included. One vote per squadron please.

Flank', ya know that Greece has Su-33s in game, right?

You can infact have Flanker-Ds on both sides. :)

Thanks Sweep, wasn't aware of that.

I think having Su-33s, MiG-29s and M-2000s in the tournament is a bad idea. The two former ones have SFMs and a bad damage model and the latter has a badly tuned flight/damage model. Sticking with F-15s and Su-27s is probably the best idea.

Let's vote, who wants Su27 vs F15 only and who wants Mirage, MIG29 and su33 included. One vote per squadron please.

USAF Aggressor have second Su-33 ;)

Thanks Diego.

Yes please, that would at least explore other Options and could turn out to be a day saver although I'm confident Frostir will nail it. Thanks Bush.

To all please

banner_discordBannerDimensions_500w.jpg

Situational Awareness: https://sa-sim.com/ | The Air Combat Dojo: https://discord.gg/Rz77eFj

Landing on a road and waiting? I think shame and a sense of fair play should be adequate intrinsic preventative systems:)

Finnish Air Force does just that, and they are proud of it :D

But seriously speaking that would be so lame in tournament like this that i doupt nobody even would consider doing that.

I think having Su-33s, MiG-29s and M-2000s in the tournament is a bad idea. The two former ones have SFMs and a bad damage model and the latter has a badly tuned flight/damage model. Sticking with F-15s and Su-27s is probably the best idea.

I don't see any reason why at least Mirage and Mig-29 could not be included. Despite damgage and flight model issues both would still be underdogs so if someone wants to fly 29 or Mirage let them do it.

This is my personal opinion, not SF squadron vote.

I don't see any reason why at least Mirage and Mig-29 could not be included. Despite damgage and flight model issues both would still be underdogs so if someone wants to fly 29 or Mirage let them do it.

This is my personal opinion, not SF squadron vote.

Now this I can agree on! Mirage and Mig-29 are definitely NOT overpowered.

Su-33 is slightly dubious because it is almost a copy of Su-27 while due to flight modeling is more forgiving to fly ---> also better nap-of-earth flying capability.

However.. why any self respecting highly skilled pilot would choose the 33 over 27 is beyond my understanding. Thus... I think it's okay to let those few who want it have it :)

Su-33 is slightly dubious because it is almost a copy of Su-27 while due to flight modeling is more forgiving to fly ---> also better nap-of-earth flying capability.

However.. why any self respecting highly skilled pilot would choose the 33 over 27 is beyond my understanding. Thus... I think it's okay to let those few who want it have it :)

In this case are some guys who likes the SU-33 in several squads, the 33 flight model dont have the S option of the SU-27, at the same time, have less fuel and countermeasures, if the SU--33 goes with ECM have the same missile quantity than F-15, that can have:

- 10 missiles

- 3 fuel tanks

- integrated ECM

- Super airframe, never break the wings even with full loadout and stupids 14.5G maneuvers

- better SA, radar, and missiles

Then, why bother for what the others want to fly?

Edited by JunMcKill

Stuge, I would choose the SU-33 just for get the same calm that the F-15 Pilots have when they need to turn fast for avoid a missile or in a merged. But of course I am not a respecting highly skilled pilot like you or Maverick.

Escuela de Pilotos =EDP 71st=

http://dcslatino.forospanish.com/

I think in the interest of fairness the 33 is out of the picture. Seriously, how can it be a competition if there is an option to fly one aircraft in hard mode and another version in arcade mode. Cmon guys!

As for Mirage and Mig, Stuge is spot on, they have severe fuel/weapon limitations, and can only serve an intercept/support purpose, needing to score kills quick and RTB early.

They would however add some tactical options for some squads in combination with ASF fighters. Making things unpredictable and interesting. Such as a sneaky flanking maneuver, etc.

Remember, aircraft selection is not fixed for any match. Just the pilot roster is fixed with minimum of 6 per team.

And yes, it is true that F15 in this format has a significant advantage (doesn't it always? ... even in guns). But it makes for wrecking F15 only squads all the more pleasurable as the pressure is on them!

But to take Su-33 is a big no no. So guys, use that energy instead to write to ED to get 33 a PFM, everyone wants it here just as bad... But for now, let's stick to SATAC ROE discussion here.

Edited by Breakshot

Breakshot_Sig_2.jpg

Tim "Breakshot" Mytrofanov | C.O. of 51 ПВО / 100 КИАП Regiments | twitch.tv/51breakshot

Guys, you can discuss as much as you want but please at the end of the post do not forget to officially vote using this format

Squadron name

Mig29-----yes or no

Su-33-----yes or no

Mirage 2000-----yes or no

Only one vote per squadron will be considered.

Voting will close tonight.

Registered lonewolves can also vote and I will sort out a unified vote for all of them based on the majority.

Thanks

banner_discordBannerDimensions_500w.jpg

Situational Awareness: https://sa-sim.com/ | The Air Combat Dojo: https://discord.gg/Rz77eFj

Stuge, I would choose the SU-33 just for get the same calm that the F-15 Pilots have when they need to turn fast for avoid a missile or in a merged. But of course I am not a respecting highly skilled pilot like you or Maverick.

Actually I'm just misleading everyone... I will of course take Su-33 and this will happen:

[ame]

[/ame]
  • Like 1

Actually I'm just misleading everyone... I will of course take Su-33 and this will happen:

LOL, come on, the video is from FC2 or earlier, when the vertical mode autolocked the enemies! hahahahahahaah

And now watch this F-15 in the CURRENT VERSION! making barrel rolls fully loaded (fuel and ammo) and pulling 14.5G!

Edited by JunMcKill

Can you discuss this privately or somewhere else? This thread should only be used for registration and suggestions towards the 51st & Flankerator.

The rules are set...If you do not like it then do not attend to it.

We do not want F15 vs Flanker or any kind of these discussions here.

Edited by holimoli
  • Like 1

[100☭] holimoli #13, 100-й КИАП