DCS World 1.5/2.0/NTTR Map FAQ & Discussion

NineLine

The new metal effects for Mustangs and Sabres are in time for 1.5 or development is still on going for 2.0?

I assume that's a feature of the new EDGE engine, thus 1.5.

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well since Mr. Changelog says 1.5 will be released in a few hours...

Huh!? Where did you read that? As far as I know, there is no set time/day for release yet. Just do a search on the forum for how to change your current install to an open beta one. I've seen the links around in various thereads so it will be easy to find.

Justificus

System Specs:

i7 4970K @ 4.8, GTX 1080 SC, 32GB G.Skill DDR 2133,Thermaltake Level 10 Full Tower Case, Noctua NH-D15 6 Cooler, Win 10 Pro, Warthog, CH Pro Pedals, CH Throttle Quadrant, Oculus, 1 32" & 2 19" Monitors

Modules Owned: A-10C I+II, Ka-50, FC3, F-86, Mig-15, Mig21, UH-1H, Mi-8, CA, P-51D, BF-109K-4, FW-190 D-9, Hawk, NTTR, M-2000C, SA342, F-5E, Spit Mk. IX, AJS-37, Normandy, WWII A.P., AV-8B, F/A-18C, L-39, Persian Gulf, Mig-19P, I-16, Super Carrier, F-16, Channel, Syria

Huh!? Where did you read that? As far as I know, there is no set time/day for release yet. Just do a search on the forum for how to change your current install to an open beta one. I've seen the links around in various thereads so it will be easy to find.

Don't get trolled, SithSpawn has said that it won't be released today and may require a few more days at most before release. If SithSpawn says that, it's very likely to be true.

• ED Team
Don't get trolled, SithSpawn has said that it won't be released today and may require a few more days at most before release. If SithSpawn says that, it's very likely to be true.

I didnt say "at most" though... There could be a major unforeseen bug and it could take longer, I dont anticipate that, but balance your expectations, ED is working very hard to get it ready ASAP.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

I just installed the current Beta 1.2.16 but my purchased modules are not active. Do I have to Activate them and loose an activation again? Or does it do it without losing activations somehow? thx.. ;-)

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download

I just installed the current Beta 1.2.16 but my purchased modules are not active. Do I have to Activate them and loose an activation again? Or does it do it without losing activations somehow? thx.. ;-)

Just have the module manager download them. It will not use another activation.

Win 10 Pro 64Bit | 49" UWHD AOC 5120x1440p | AMD 5900x | 64Gb DDR4 | RX 6900XT

If you have the 1.2.16 installed and modules activate, Current Beta 1.2.16 use that configuration (use the module manager option).

The Module Manager won't let me login. It says Invalid Login or Password.

But I just tested this, and logged into the DCS website using the same Login and Password...

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download

Interested to try 1.5 and just wondering the best way to play it....

I had the standalone DCS with a few modules - then transferred them to steam when it first was released there - I then bought a few more modules on steam - so just wondering what I need to do?

I guess I will first need to download the DCS World beta and it should install the 1.5 automatically? but what do I need to do to get all my different modules working?(noting I have some on steam and also some standalone that were then transferred to steam - note I also just bought the Nevada pack standalone also .....whats going to work and what do I need to do?also interested to know if and when 1.5 would come to steam?)

Just have the module manager download them. It will not use another activation.

I used the module manager to download my modules (FC3, A10C and F86), but only FC3 and A10C works. F86 module doesn't work, I download it manually but when i try to install it it says "you must have dcs world 1.2.16.43180......but I have this version of beta!

Edit: maybe because the f86 module was bought on steam? (FC3 and A10C were purchased directly from the site and then redeemed on steam)

Edited by jimblue74

So now that we have the 1.5 changelog would it be possible for one of the closed beta testers to post a few screenshots from his their menus and other game options to see what the new UI looks like? We have have already been treated with a few glimpses during Wag's streams/video previews but I think it would just be cool to checkout and get familiar with while we wait for 1.5 to go live.

A Changelog being posted does not release anyone Under N.D.A.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

It's definitely a great time for DCS, Eagle Dynamics and all of us combat/flight sim enthusiasts!

I hope EDGE will actively continue to improve over time with new rendering features and such. Thanks to Wags and ED, we've already been able to see many of its wonders.

And while we're waiting, some fresh and lovely MiG-29 cockpit screenshots have been posted. :thumbup:

That's one new module I'll gladly buy to support ED, even if I already own FC3 (assuming there will be a new standalone module).

I have one question for the experts:

- what is that lens effect feature? Is it a chromatic aberration effect or a lens flare effect? Something different?

Also, thanks for:

Search option added to Controls

(I was craving for this)

About that comment from the FAQ:

The other element is map file size. The map is already a very large 26 GB. To add even high resolution assets would explode the file size beyond manageable levels for many customers.

I'd like to confirm that I'd just have no limitation as limitation for DCS if the engine could stream lovely hi-res textures (at the expense any TB it would require :music_whistling:)

Tech note: no issue with my OB installation and the modules I own. I already installed the Su-27, the MiG-15bis and the Ka-50, all ready for a spin when 1:5 will be available.

I just used my digitalcombatsimulator.com credentials in the module manager.

/// ВКБ: GF Pro MkII+MCG Pro/GF MkII+SCG L/Black Mamba MkIII/Gladiator/T-Rudder MkII | X-55 Rhino throttle/Saitek Throttle Quadrant | OpenTrack+UTC /// ZULU +4 ///

/// "THE T3ASE": i9 9900K | 64 GB DDR4 | RTX 2080ti OC | 2 TB NVMe SSDs, 1 TB SATA SSD, 12 TB HDDs | Gigabyte DESIGNARE mobo ///

- what is that lens effect feature? Is it a chromatic aberration effect or a lens flare effect? Something different?

It is a dust effect which was visible in some of the early screenshots. It probably is more for the "gamers" / "media content creators" among us. There was some backlash about it...but I am glad ED are leaving it in as an option.

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

Thanks Witchking ;)

If it's that way too popular dust/dirt optical effect:

YUqUpmz.jpg

I'm also glad it's an option.

Edited by Bourrinopathe

/// ВКБ: GF Pro MkII+MCG Pro/GF MkII+SCG L/Black Mamba MkIII/Gladiator/T-Rudder MkII | X-55 Rhino throttle/Saitek Throttle Quadrant | OpenTrack+UTC /// ZULU +4 ///

/// "THE T3ASE": i9 9900K | 64 GB DDR4 | RTX 2080ti OC | 2 TB NVMe SSDs, 1 TB SATA SSD, 12 TB HDDs | Gigabyte DESIGNARE mobo ///

Thanks Witchking ;)

If it's that way too popular dust/dirt optical effect:

YUqUpmz.jpg

I'm also glad it's an option.

np. man... BF3/4 are way overdone with the lens effects. But I think the little bit of dust in ED's screenshots was kinda nice. I will personaly play with it + DOF on.. :P :smartass: as I am a bit of a graphics freak. :p

here is an example of ED's. I guess it would include the lens flare as well. :p

NTTR-15.jpg

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

A Changelog being posted does not release anyone Under N.D.A.

Ok I figured as much, although I did figure they should ask permission from Wags or someone else from Eagle Dynamics first. The devs are all probably too busy to bother with something like that anyway at this late stage.

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

Consider yourself corrected. :)

It will most likely be installed through the autoupdater just like any other update.

Well, then thanks for clarification. But I nonetheless wonder why its not a seperate download when so many deep core changes are about to take effect? May be someone can explain me whats the secret behind it.

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

BlackSharkDen - Helicopter only

Specs:: ASrock Z790 Pro RS; Intel i5-13600K @5,1Ghz; 64GB DDR5 RAM; RTX 3080 @10GB; Corsair RMX Serie 750; 2x SSD 850 EVO 1x860 EVO 500GB 1x nvme M.2 970 EVO 1TB; 1x nvme M.2 980 Pro 2TB+ 3 TB HDD

Hardware: Oculus Rift S; HOTAS Warthog; Saitek Rudder Pedals, K-51 Collective

Well, then thanks for clarification. But I nonetheless wonder why its not a seperate download when so many deep core changes are about to take effect? May be someone can explain me whats the secret behind it.

The updater is a program that checks whether your installation matches with the "repository", that is, a remote "installation folder" on the server, it works pretty much like versioning software (in fact its functionality comes pretty close in some regards). The things that don't match are made to match. Voilá. There's nothing 'magic' about core changes so that you can't make an update out of them by replacing the respective files with the new ones, deleting those that become obsolete and creating those that are new.

When all the assets change around a lot (lots of new code, a lot of new data like textures etc.) the return for patching diminishes, that is, you don't save a lot of transfer volume by keeping the stuff that did not change, but it can be done this way nonetheless.

Edited by sobek

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

It kinda begs the question and I wonder if you know the answer Sobek.

I got 20 GB free on the SSD with OS and DCS, how much swap space will be needed between aquiring and writing files and the tidy up afterwards?

Cheers:)

i5 8600k@5.2Ghz, Asus Prime A Z370, 32Gb DDR4 3000, GTX1080 SC, Oculus Rift CV1, Modded TM Warthog Modded X52 Collective, Jetseat, W10 Pro 64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It kinda begs the question and I wonder if you know the answer Sobek.

I got 20 GB free on the SSD with OS and DCS, how much swap space will be needed between aquiring and writing files and the tidy up afterwards?

Cheers:)

I have most modules in my install and it's just slightly above 20gb. I say you should make sure to have at least 30gb of free space before attempting to install. That's just a guess though.

Great news, thanks ED. This is an amazing changelog

One question regarding the changelog, sorry if it's already been asked.

Does the new clouds will come in 1.5, during the beta phase ? Or this is a feature you want to implement with 2.0

Cloud effects are not ready for implementation yet. No word on how far along they are.

"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

Leonardo Da Vinci

"We are tied to the ocean. And when we go back to the sea, whether it is to sail or to watch - we are going back from whence we came."

John F. Kennedy