104th Phoenix Dedicated Server Info

104th_Maverick

It seems to work okay. Same performance as 51 players. Maybe test it out for a bit longer.

Those tests have been carried out already AFAIR.

Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X | i7 9700K@5.0GHz | Asus TUF OC RTX 4090 | 32GB DDR4@3200MHz | HP Reverb G2 | TrackIR 5 | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Croswinds

I have a question. When you create a new mission or if you modify the current one, can you please use other countries as well?

For instance, for the F-5E, on the blue side you can use Saudi Arabia, Turkey, Spain, Norway etc. Whereas for the F-5Es on the red side you can add Iran instead of Russia as it's not exactly realistic.

Similar thing can be done for the Mig-21, for the blue side you can add India (with the appropriate paint scheme). Whereas for the red side you can add Iran, China, Insurgents, North Korea and more along with Russia.

This provides more use and variety of those awesome new factions we have plus. It also adds realism and even helps in identifying friendlies from enemies.

However in the case of certain planes like the Mig-21. All the paint schemes are there for all the countries unlike BST neatly arranging it's paint schemes among the countries respectively making them more realistic. So in the case of the Mig-21s, you will have to choose the paint scheme meticulously for each country you set them for.

But I really hope this can happen is it'll be so much fun Really thought it was a great idea for this :music_whistling:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Planes: FC3, P-51, F-86, F-5E, Mirage 2000, F/A-18, F-14, F-16, Mig-19P :joystick:

ED pls gib A-4 and F-4 :cry:

I managed to get a rather unusual kill on 104th this evening... Loaded up my Su-27 with only two S-8KOM rocket pods... I kept going low and fast, relying on IRST and AWACS to get me into a good position in the mountain valleys. Finally I spotted a clueless F-15 driver lurking around. I managed to get close on his six (without him knowing) and finished him off by 20-30 unguided rockets up his tailpipes. Great fun, but a bit tricky to aim with ;)

• Like 1
DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

Out of interest is there an oversight regarding GCI using observer slots instead of JTAC slots because using observer allows literally everything on the map to be seen be it enemy ground units or enemy spawning aircraft, every missile fired, bomb dropped etc. This removes any chance of hiding and gives the opportunity for GCI to see any attempted sneaking or tactically out witting of his friendlies. Is there an issue with using JTAC slots that just uses friendly radars to see aircraft or is it for another reason?

Observer slot is not a 'forward observer' it is a see everything game master slot without the ability to move stuff.

Edited by Frostie

"[51☭] FROSTIE" #55

51st PVO "BISONS"

Fastest MiG pilot in the world - TCR'10

https://100kiap.org

Isn't it a rule to be on 104th Team speak if you are in the GCI slot? Why isn't this enforced? Yesterday the guy (not saying names) in the CGI slot was on another team speak... And i mentioned this. But nothing was done.

;3082836']

GCI now added to the AWACS missions using CA.

You must be on the 104th Teamspeak server if you are in any of the Forward Observer slots. Any clients found in the FO slots without being on teamspeak will be kicked from the server!

Please let us know if you see any problems!

http://community.104thphoenix.com/topic/666-what-is-gci-for-teamspeak/?do=findComment&comment=3171

Edited by winchesterdelta1

Go in close, and when you think you are too close, go in closer.

Out of interest is there an oversight regarding GCI using observer slots instead of JTAC slots because using observer allows literally everything on the map to be seen be it enemy ground units or enemy spawning aircraft, every missile fired, bomb dropped etc. This removes any chance of hiding and gives the opportunity for GCI to see any attempted sneaking or tactically out witting of his friendlies. Is there an issue with using JTAC slots that just uses friendly radars to see aircraft or is it for another reason?

Observer slot is not a 'forward observer' it is a see everything game master slot without the ability to move stuff.

We'll have a look at this mate to try and make it more realistic.

We did try before and it didn't go very well which is why we settled on what we have now, but we'll take a look at it again!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

104th Phoenix Wing Commander / Total Poser / Elitist / Hero / Chad

;3122561']It is a rule' date=' but an admin needs to be around for this to be enforced. When you see someone in the slot who is not on TS, report it to an admin and they will be removed :)[/quote']

Copy that. Next time i will report it directly to a Admin.

Also is it possible to make it so that if the AWACS is destroyed that the GCI won't be functional anymore. Or when the EWR's are destroyed.

Go in close, and when you think you are too close, go in closer.

Hi guys, I tried joining the 104th forum but your email verification process just isn't working. Anyway, is there a way for everyone to get access to the coordinates (lat/long, grid ref, etc) of shipping? I don't have the Viggen but I'd like to try to sink them with other jets (M2000c, A10, SU25, etc), however the coords seem to be hardcoded to the Viggen nav systems.

Also, it would be great to encourage more of a combined arms approach with airstrikes ie. beefing up SAM sites at target locations therefore requiring the use of dedicated SEAD a/c such as the SU25T. A10s should NOT be sent up against SAM sites.

AMD AM4 Ryzen7 3700X 3.6ghz/MSI AM4 ATX MAG X570 Tomahawk DDR4/32GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600mhz/1TB 970 Evo SSD/ASUS RTX2070 8gb Super

Op Fireshield the MiG-21's at Anapa can't communicate with AWACS.

AWACS is on 225 MHz The two mission frequencies on the MiGs is 124Mhz (Channel 0) and 220MHz (Channel 1)

Makes flying the MiG even more masochistic.

A small suggestion...

Could you put agressor skins on RedFor for F-5E3? Mainly because that plain grey blue look duuuuuull....

I would second that, also could you please use other countries for F-5E as well, like Iran for the Red team, so we can fly Iranian F-5s on the red side, it'll be really cool ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Planes: FC3, P-51, F-86, F-5E, Mirage 2000, F/A-18, F-14, F-16, Mig-19P :joystick:

ED pls gib A-4 and F-4 :cry:

Notice: As from this evening GMT all missions containing Forward Observer slots will be deactivated on the 104th server, this is due in part to concerns of many clients in the MP community of exploitation/abuse of this ability and the potential instability problems arising from moving AI units around on the map while there is a heavy load on the server.

This feature will be reviewed in future and may make a comeback if the right conditions persist.