160 members have voted

1. 1. -= ACG MigVsSaber Server (EU) =-

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

last time i've flown it, someone on the red team was in a Gazelle and reported my and my friend flying over him...

Trust me. Can't be! I designed the missions so I ought to know. Unless IronJockel did that which is very unlikely. I design and he hosts.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Cold War 1947 - 1991                                       Discord
Helicopters Tournaments
Combined Arms Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

This server continues as the most frustrating server available... Don't get me wrong, at it's high points it's the best there is but unfortunately hose times are far and few between..

IronJockle is there any chance we could get an update on what the plans are for the server?

I have tried to help by linking on here possible solutions for the restart scripts etc, and I know Alpenwolf has expressed a major contribution with missions and support (especially on this forum) :thumbup:

However we still have the server running primarily at night or not at all. My understanding is that if the server is down the best course of action is checking to see if you are on Teamspeak to get the server reset and that only yourself and Piti are able to do so?

Due to both of your commitments etc.. (which I completely respect and understand) means that it is very hard for us to contact anyone to get the server running or working as intended.

Is there a potential for other/more ACG admins who are more frequently on Teamspeak to gain rights to reset the server? Or a frequent user of the server even?

All in the aim of helping please don't take any offence

Thanks

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

This server continues as the most frustrating server available... Don't get me wrong, at it's high points it's the best there is but unfortunately hose times are far and few between..

IronJockle is there any chance we could get an update on what the plans are for the server?

I have tried to help by linking on here possible solutions for the restart scripts etc, and I know Alpenwolf has expressed a major contribution with missions and support (especially on this forum) :thumbup:

However we still have the server running primarily at night or not at all. My understanding is that if the server is down the best course of action is checking to see if you are on Teamspeak to get the server reset and that only yourself and Piti are able to do so?

Due to both of your commitments etc.. (which I completely respect and understand) means that it is very hard for us to contact anyone to get the server running or working as intended.

Is there a potential for other/more ACG admins who are more frequently on Teamspeak to gain rights to reset the server? Or a frequent user of the server even?

All in the aim of helping please don't take any offence

Thanks

No one's taking any offence. That I know.

The Air Combat Group - ACG - is mainly a squadron that dedicates most of the time to IL-2 Sturmovik - Cliffs of Dover. I know this because I had a long conversation with their top admin and Sq. leader, Dickie. Now IronJockel here is the only one who dedicates some of his time to DCS. And as we know hosting servers costs money and a lot of work, not to fail to mention the time factor. One way it's great to have the server that gives us the opportunity to fly anything but FC3 planes, on the other hand it's frustrating to see it offline so often. The missions weren't scripted using MOOSE only but also the ME trigger actions in DCS. Using both scripts causes these conflicts and server bugs; hence the server crashes and no rotations. Let's not forget that the server's old and MOOSE users were only a few back then. I'm investing time myself trying to learn MOOSE which requires long hours and days to accomplish while IronJockel is way ahead of me. The missions simply have to be at least rescripted and then added to the server script as IronJockel made me understand. That's why I decided to learn MOOSE to be able to encounter as many problems as possible myself and as such help the server even more and I'm very ok with that. As to have any authority over the server to restart it myself, well... that'd require me to join ACG, fly with them on IL-2 Sturmovik regularly on specific days weekly (at least one day a week as Dickie explained everything to me). And that my friend is a bit too much for me especially when I've got no interest whatsoever in IL-2 Sturmovik. Pitti is authorized to restart the server but is not really interested in DCS so he's not a major factor here.

S!

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

No one's taking any offence. That I know.

The Air Combat Group - ACG - is mainly a squadron that dedicates most of the time to IL-2 Sturmovik - Cliffs of Dover. I know this because I had a long conversation with their top admin and Sq. leader, Dickie. Now IronJockel here is the only one who dedicates some of his time to DCS. And as we know hosting servers costs money and a lot of work, not to fail to mention the time factor. One way it's great to have the server that gives us the opportunity to fly anything but FC3 planes, on the other hand it's frustrating to see it offline so often. The missions weren't scripted using MOOSE only but also the ME trigger actions in DCS. Using both scripts causes these conflicts and server bugs; hence the server crashes and no rotations. Let's not forget that the server's old and MOOSE users were only a few back then. I'm investing time myself trying to learn MOOSE which requires long hours and days to accomplish while IronJockel is way ahead of me. The missions simply have to be at least rescripted and then added to the server script as IronJockel made me understand. That's why I decided to learn MOOSE to be able to encounter as many problems as possible myself and as such help the server even more and I'm very ok with that. As to have any authority over the server to restart it myself, well... that'd require me to join ACG, fly with them on IL-2 Sturmovik regularly on specific days weekly (at least one day a week as Dickie explained everything to me). And that my friend is a bit too much for me especially when I've got no interest whatsoever in IL-2 Sturmovik. Pitti is authorized to restart the server but is not really interested in DCS so he's not a major factor here.

S!

I know we have spoke about this quite a few times Alpenwolf and you probably read it like.. comie I've already told you this... lol

But you did as I expected and have highlighted the ludicrous issue (in my opinion) that you have to be an AG member who flies IL-2 to help out on a popular DCS server.... It's just cutting off your nose to spite your face stuff.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

What are all the scripts even doing? I'm pretty sure that 95% of the people fly the server to do 21 vs F5 dogfights. I appreciate there are some ground targets, but I'm not sure if the capturable fields and stuff justifies the permanent instability.

If we're making missions to give the server flexibility then we've got to make it right. Many MiG-21/F-5 pilots asked many times for AG objectives as well. Plenty of Su-25/A-10 and sometimes helicopter pilots join the server too. They'd rather not have it with FC3 planes ruining the fun for them permanently as on other servers. Even the Trainers are being flown. So why not make it as perfect as possible and include some nice features and eventually end up with an amazing server? The server started out with 1 mission without any objectives at all. It was like that for over a year if not even longer. It got boring flying the same route and doing the same thing over and over again. If they'd only let me restart the server once offline things would be MUCH better. Whether at work or at college or at home I've got access to a/my computer most of the time. At least that would make things much better until later... ACG has its own rules just like others. They're contributing a server in a game they're not really interested in anyway. You think I'm not frustrated like the rest of you about the current situation? You think I'm doing all this for ACG and learing MOOSE as fast as my time allows it because I don't care? If you'd take that as a measure or a benchmark I'd be the one who cares most about the server and as such the most disappointed. But that wouldn't be fair because not everyone's into mission designing, scripting and learning all there is about MOOSE. And that'S totally ok. No reprimands nor offences against anyone. An objective comment is all what it is.

S!

Edited by Alpenwolf

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

Don't get me wrong, I'm not suggesting that there shouldn't be ground targets. I think those are critical for making a mission interesting. But the scripting is not necessary to have the ground targets right? I'm just wondering if those extra functionalities are worth preventing the server from running stable. Maybe I'm not following exactly what the issue is, but its not possible to simply cut loose the scripts that give the problems?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not suggesting that there shouldn't be ground targets. I think those are critical for making a mission interesting. But the scripting is not necessary to have the ground targets right? I'm just wondering if those extra functionalities are worth preventing the server from running stable. Maybe I'm not following exactly what the issue is, but its not possible to simply cut loose the scripts that give the problems?

Would also require some time. And I'd rather pour that time (when I have some) into learning the MOOSE programm. Even without the triggers you'd still need a MOOSE script nonetheless.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

• 2 weeks later...

Any news on the status of the server? Been down a couple of days.

And any chance of getting some additional AA at Sochi in the fight for Sukhumi? Lately there've been a few people with reading difficulties bombing/strafing the runway.

Cheers

Any news on the status of the server? Been down a couple of days.

And any chance of getting some additional AA at Sochi in the fight for Sukhumi? Lately there've been a few people with reading difficulties bombing/strafing the runway.

Cheers

There had been some problems with the main server of ACG. Now it's ok.

Work on the MOOSE scripts is still in progress. It takes time to learn well and make it right but we're advancing faster than we've predicted. Still, time is the main factor here and when private issues in life come in between they put everything on hold.

Cheers!

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

There had been some problems with the main server of ACG. Now it's ok.

Work on the MOOSE scripts is still in progress. It takes time to learn well and make it right but we're advancing faster than we've predicted. Still, time is the main factor here and when private issues in life come in between they put everything on hold.

Cheers!

We can only say thank you for you dedication sir o7

As you may have noticed the server is currently running only one mission; The Battle for Sukhumi City. This is due to the fact that it's completely backed by a .lua script (MOOSE). The other two missions; The Battle for Maykop and Phone Booth are based on the script of the triggers' list in the mission editor which is as we know quite inconvenient and causes lots of trouble as in instability. I'm doing my best to learn scripting with MOOSE as fast as my private life permits and so far I'm doing pretty well. IronJockel helps me here and there whenever he can but he's got so much going on in his life as well. So you see the main issue here is time. Therefore the server will be running only the very first mission until rescripting with MOOSE is finished. Once that's done I'll write a script for the fourth mission that is on hold and only waiting to be scripted.

I kindly ask for your patience and until then hope you don't get bored of flying one mission all the time... which I doubt you would :pilotfly:

Cheers!

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

That sounds great Alpenwolf. Your work is very much appreciated!

PC Specs / Hardware: MSI z370 Gaming Plus Mainboard, Intel 8700k @ 5GHz, MSI Sea Hawk 2080 Ti @ 2100MHz, 32GB 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM

Displays: Philips BDM4065UC 60Hz 4K UHD Screen, Pimax 8KX

Controllers / Peripherals: VPC MongoosT-50, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, modded MS FFB2/CH Combatstick, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Gametrix JetSeat

Exploits and bad fairplay wtf is this shit anyways??

"These are not the bugs you are looking for..":pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My YouTube channel

SPECS

-AMD FX8370 8 Core Processor 4.2 ghz

-GIGABYTE 970A-UD3P

-GTX 1050 TI Windforce 4g

-16 GB RAM

-Saitek X 52

-FaceNOIRtrack - 3 point clip Red Led

Defenses aren't usually that lazy when I try to bomb it... Also have you updated SRS? I cant seem to connect to your SRS server after 1.3.2.0 update.

"Hard to imagine bigger engine. its got a beautiful face and an arse built like sputnik." - Pikey AKA The Poet, on 37 Viggen.

Defenses aren't usually that lazy when I try to bomb it... Also have you updated SRS? I cant seem to connect to your SRS server after 1.3.2.0 update.

Works for me

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

any news when it will be up again!!!

i7 4770k @ 4.5, asus z-87 pro, strix GTX 980ti directcu3oc, 32gb Kingston hyperX 2133, philips 40" 4k monitor, hotas cougar\warthog, track ir 5, Oculus Rift

Weekends suck when the servers down lol

I'm always away on the weekends and never online. Is it always like that on the weekends?

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments