no speed indicator

Or, your INS hasn't aligned yet because you've started up too fast or forgot to turn it on.

The INS needs some time to get ticking, once it does though, your speed will show in the HUD and you know the INS is aligned and ready.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Commodore 64 | MOS6510 | VIC-II | SID6581 | DD 1541 | KCS Power Cartridge | 64Kb | 32Kb external | Arcade Turbo

Thank you Looney.

I have wondered about this as well for a long time (too minor issue and too lazy for me to ask myself, thank you m1tp2king for doing it).

The ram air explanation doesn't fit, since I can fly above 200km/h GS without a reading on the HUD a while after startup, and when it finally appear (it always does eventually) I can go down to almost hover speed and still have it.

I can't remember if I have checked the IAS any time when this happens, but I assume it's driven by ram air + ambient pressure exclusively, without the INS being involved.

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

But so doesn't the HUD either for what I understand. Or am I wrong?

My experience is that the HUD correlates more with the IAS than the GS on the ABRIS.

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

• 2 weeks later...

Use the reset button on left panel, where you have that set of 4 buttons for the skhval

| A-10C | MiG-21bis | Hawk T1.A | L-39 Albatros | F-5E | Ka-50 | Mi-8 | NTTR | CA | SU27 | M2000C | F-86F | AV-8B | F/A-18C | Mig 15 | Mig 19|

Specs

Intel i7-9700k

msi GTX 2060 Gaming Z

msi Z390 Gaming PLUS

16gb RAM

Hotas Warthog