MOD: Alternate KA-50 HUD scales

I see what you're saying. I probably will redo it to put the numbers below the line, but I don't particularly care to have them to the center, it feels too cluttered that way. I'm also leaving the bird mark sized the way it is because it provides very good indication of the rotor attitude vs the fuselage attitude, and shrinking it would ruin that..

While I was inspired by the video and am basing as much on it as i can, I am also incorporating a few minor changes in order to make it more suitable for easy referencing of important information on the limited view offered by a computer screen display.

I see what you're saying. I probably will redo it to put the numbers below the line, but I don't particularly care to have them to the center, it feels too cluttered that way. I'm also leaving the bird mark sized the way it is because it provides very good indication of the rotor attitude vs the fuselage attitude, and shrinking it would ruin that..

While I was inspired by the video and am basing as much on it as i can, I am also incorporating a few minor changes in order to make it more suitable for easy referencing of important information on the limited view offered by a computer screen display.

You are right. Have to think we're on the computer screen. Do your best to leave the hud the best possible. Thank you!

Google Translator!

|Motherboard|: Asus TUF Gaming X570-PLUS,

|WaterCooler|: Corsair H115i Pro,

|CPU|: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X,

|RAM|: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200MHz DDR4,

|SSD|: Kingston A2000 500GB M.2 NVMe,

|SSD|: Kingston 2.5´ 480GB UV400 SATA III,

|SSHD|: Seagate Híbrido 2TB 7200RPM SATA III,

|GPU|: MSI Gaming 980Ti,

|Monitor|: LG UltraWide 34UM68,

|Joystick 1|: Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog,

|Joystick 2|: T.Flight Rudder Pedals,

|Head Motion|: TrackIr 5.

You can correct this defect? Thanks for this great MOD.

10506563_691315444275888_4763170254055038847_o.jpg

You can correct this defect? Thanks for this great MOD.

10506563_691315444275888_4763170254055038847_o.jpg

This is the laser temperature, and is not part of the Hud mod.

Thats come from the Devrim's English HUD/Shkval/PUI800 mod you probably instaled width the HUD mod.

Thats number tell you when the laser is near to fail by the heat, so is a good info.

This is the laser temperature, and is not part of the Hud mod.

Thats come from the Devrim's English HUD/Shkval/PUI800 mod you probably instaled width the HUD mod.

Thats number tell you when the laser is near to fail by the heat, so is a good info.

The point is that it should appear only within view of HUD. :D

This is a mod by another user and sometimes mods dont work correctly with each other.

The laser temp appearing outside the HUD bounds is something that happens without the HUD mod. I'll poke around with it and see if I can't get it working in the packaged version, but Devrim will have to fix it in his standalone version.

The laser temp appearing outside the HUD bounds is something that happens without the HUD mod. I'll poke around with it and see if I can't get it working in the packaged version, but Devrim will have to fix it in his standalone version.

Thanks!

• 1 month later...

ShuRugal you have news about the HUD? Any update on the way?

Unfortunately, I have had very little of my own time since I arrived at my new duty station. The folks here like us to work 12-14 hour days.

:thumbup:

Just a question I have that might touch your work and hopefully you can clear things up:

When you set textures to LOW or MEDIUM, you can still read the labels of the knobs and switches in the Ka-50, whereas in the A-10C, Mi-8 and UH-1 I can't even guess what is written there, you have to set textures to HIGH to be able to read them. Well, as you can see from my signature, I am, or better say my laptop, is not capable of providing enough fps at that settings and I only do that setting to learn the cockpit interior until I trust myself to find it again with the wishy-washy labeling.

Is there any way that could be changed ? redone ( for lower end spec machines ).

If it would work on medium...THAT WOULD BE FINE and really help a lot.

If the opportunity allows I might get my hands on a 3.4GHz i7 2600k with an Asus mobo and enough RAM for little or no money and all I then need is a decent GFX card...MAYBE .. HOPEFULLY !!

Until then I have to live with unreadable labels in any but FC3 and Ka AC.

Bit

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

Just a question I have that might touch your work and hopefully you can clear things up:

When you set textures to LOW or MEDIUM, you can still read the labels of the knobs and switches in the Ka-50, whereas in the A-10C, Mi-8 and UH-1 I can't even guess what is written there, you have to set textures to HIGH to be able to read them.

Without digging into the files, I would note that the KA-50 has considerably fewer switches than any of those other aircraft (except possibly the Huey) which means that the texture space available for each label in the texture file is greater. IE: If one aircraft has 10 switches, and another has 100 switches, and your medium texture file for switches is 1000x1000 pixels, then the aircraft with 10 switches can have 100x100 pixels per switch, where the aircraft with 100 switches can only have 10x10.

Aha, that sounds logic !

Thanks Shu

Bit

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

• 11 months later...

Can i please ask ... is this mod still currently working for the current version of DCS??

As i downloaded "Devrim_DCSWBS2_EnglishHUDShkvalPUI800_v1.2" and installed it exactly as instructed. ( did it 3 times to ensure i wasn't misplacing it)

And it defo did not seem to work ..... my HUD was exactly the same flight indicator was not flipped .. neither was the usual Cyrillic on HUD+Shkval symbology changed.

Have installed a few other Mods in DCS without incident. And no i do not have any other HUD/Shkval/Cockpit mods

Maybe am just missing something .....

Any Help greatly appreciated

Zeb

"Dumb matter. If it's not running programs and

it isn't fusing atoms, ... then it's just bending space."

Thanks for the prompt reply .. yeah i had thought of trying the other aircraft folder ... but figured it best to ask 1st.

It has kinda worked ... in that the Shkval PI800 to english mod is now working ... unfortunately the HUD layout part with the inverted flight indicator is still AWOL .... BUGGER!!!!

Thanks so much for the reply m8

Zeb

"Dumb matter. If it's not running programs and

it isn't fusing atoms, ... then it's just bending space."

Can i please ask ... is this mod still currently working for the current version of DCS??

As i downloaded "Devrim_DCSWBS2_EnglishHUDShkvalPUI800_v1.2" and installed it exactly as instructed. ( did it 3 times to ensure i wasn't misplacing it)

And it defo did not seem to work ..... my HUD was exactly the same flight indicator was not flipped .. neither was the usual Cyrillic on HUD+Shkval symbology changed.

Have installed a few other Mods in DCS without incident. And no i do not have any other HUD/Shkval/Cockpit mods

Maybe am just missing something .....

Any Help greatly appreciated

Zeb

You are downloading the wrong mod. you want this link, as posted in the OP: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/719687/

• 1 year later...

Love the mod so I fixed the folder structure and updated the materials.lua for the latest version, JSGME ready so just unpack to your JSGME mods folder and activate.

Hud only version: https://www.dropbox.com/s/qjjir54qk8wx5ux/KA-50_Alternate_Hud.rar?dl=0

Hud + Devrim version: https://www.dropbox.com/s/dphwpeml9ua8wj4/KA-50%20Alternate%20Hud%20%2B%20Devrim.rar?dl=0

• Like 1

Otter

Love the mod so I fixed the folder structure and updated the materials.lua for the latest version, JSGME ready so just unpack to your JSGME mods folder and activate.

Hud only version: https://www.dropbox.com/s/qjjir54qk8wx5ux/KA-50_Alternate_Hud.rar?dl=0

Hud + Devrim version: https://www.dropbox.com/s/dphwpeml9ua8wj4/KA-50%20Alternate%20Hud%20%2B%20Devrim.rar?dl=0

Excellent Job! Loved this mod but gave up on trying to fix it.

Do you have any suggestions on how to fix Toby's Black Shark Monocle Mod and the Tiny ABRIS ?

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/495836/

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/446455/

Specs: It's a computer...it runs DCS....

Audentes Fortuna Juvat

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Excellent Job! Loved this mod but gave up on trying to fix it.

Do you have any suggestions on how to fix Toby's Black Shark Monocle Mod and the Tiny ABRIS ?

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/495836/

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/446455/

I'm away from pc for a while so i cant test but renaming each mods "aircrafts" folder to "aircraft" and moving the" IndicationTextures" folder to "Cockpit" folder should do it (Dcs no longer uses the resources folder so you can delete that from the mods after you've moved the IndicationTextures folder away from it).

Otter